Rams select Tyler Higbee TE with #110 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There is our new pass catching TE boys!!!!! BOOOM!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully, he gets his legal issues ironed out. Awesome pass catcher but Fisher will have to keep an eye on him off the field.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Very good hands.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Former wide receiver with a smooth, wide-open gait when he hits top gear. Has big hands. Had just one drop this season and showed ability to recover the catch when he juggled a throw. Becomes a body catcher who can protect the ball in traffic. Willing to work middle of the field and take hits. Quick and slippery off line of scrimmage and into routes. Very good acceleration out of his breaks and can be a tough cover for safeties. Has the speed and toughness to work all three levels of the field. Can own the Y-seam with his vertical speed and hands. Immediately opens and looks for expedited throws when he's over the top of inside linebackers. Has frame for more muscle mass. Extremely competitive after the catch with speed, elusiveness and decent power. Can carry body tacklers after the catch.
WEAKNESSES
Still has work to do filling out his frame. Slow to adjust to blocking assignment during flow of play. Not powerful enough yet to handle NFL edge power as inline blocker. Doesn't run feet through block to sustain. Upright into his breaks. Needs route polish for underneath routes. Can get better at creating additional leverage through crisper routes. Suffered through a knee sprain that cost him four games before re-aggravating it in Conference USA Championship Game. Missed his bowl game and expected to miss Senior Bowl because of it.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 4
NFL COMPARISON
Jordan Cameron
BOTTOM LINE
Knee injury basically took six games away from him this season which could cause him to fly under the radar a little bit. Higbee has exciting athleticism and speed in the open field with the ability to separate from safeties on intermediate routes and threaten the deep middle. Higbee has soft, reliable hands and plus run-after-catch ability to finish plays. While he needs to beef up his frame and blocking ability, there is no doubting his pass catching talent.

rdw

Pro Bowler
635832733768650426-USATSI-8851137.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The fact that he arrived at Western Kentucky as a 190-pound wide receiver, and THEN added 59 additional pounds of muscle, and wears like he’s always had it, is a testament to this dude's work ethic and dedication to his craft.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Was one of my favorite prospects in this draft before the arrest. His upside is tremendous could be the best weapon in this draft he is that. good. Hopefully he gets the legal and injury things sorted if he does he will be a huge steal and great weapon for the Rams.

A55VA6

Legend
The fact that he arrived at Western Kentucky as a 190-pound wide receiver, and THEN added 59 additional pounds of muscle, and wears like he’s always had it, is a testament to this dude's work ethic and dedication to his craft.
Exactly. I love this pick.

rdw

Pro Bowler
He's cheaper, younger, and has better hands than Cook. Sign me up!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If his legal issues sort themselves out, I have no problems with Higbee as our starting tight end.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
He's like the anti-Jared Cook , he can actually catch

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Love the player, but have serious reservations about the person. I hope he learns from that experience and works on becoming a better person going forward. With that said, he could be the seam killer this team has been looking for... FOREVER!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Very good hands.
Says the guy he punched out....LOL

Seriously...good pick...I have know issues with a guy protecting his woman....Still liked Adams a lil more...better blocker, more athletic...no injury issues...but I trust the Snisher...