Rams select Texas OT Connor Williams 4th overall in Matt Miller's 2018 NFL mock draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Rams select Texas OT Connor Williams 4th overall in Matt Miller's 2018 NFL mock draft

227364_d220d7a993d74f66badfa3f74bbf0d93~mv2.webp

It's never too late to start talking NFL draft and of course draft expert Matt Miller believes that mantra. Miller recently came out with a mock draft in which he had the Rams picking fourth and selecting their blindside protector of the future in Texas Longhorn Connor Williams.

First thing's first, I love what Miller brings to the table and I hope someday we will have the privilege of having him on the podcast, but I think he has the Rams listed way too low on this mock draft. Regardless of pick though, Williams makes tons of sense for a Rams team that is set to start a 35-year old left tackle. Now, that left tackle happens to be one of the best in the business, but he won't be in Los Angeles long and so that's where Williams steps in.

Williams is a former three-star recruit that has turned himself into the top overall offensive lineman in the class. He has great size at 6-foot-6, 310 pounds and shows off an abnormal amount of quickness and technical skills that just don't come around often. You could argue that Williams is a generational talent that will likely be in the perfect situation with outstanding coach Tom Herman at the helm. Watching him on film is just textbook, the Rams would love it if a player with this caliber was there for them, but unfortunately and fortunately I believe the Rams will be out of the Williams range because of a successful season in Los Angeles.

What are your thoughts? Let us know and make sure you keep it here for all your Rams, NFL Draft and Fantasy football content.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Honestly will be shocked if we are picking that high next year. I'm expecting to be outside of the top 10. We have an outside chance of surprising some teams and making the playoffs.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly will be shocked if we are picking that high next year. I'm expecting to be outside of the top 10. We have an outside chance of surprising some teams and making the playoffs.
I have us picking 20th. No way do I think we are bad next year.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would love the pick though.
Same here. He is a menace. The work ethic is through the roof. I know some may think of Greg Robinson, but the two are literally nothing alike. Robinson was all potential. Connor could start on an NFL roster right now.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's way too early for me to start thinking about the Draft!:dizzy:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
guess we'll be trading up about 20 spots then huh

Last edited:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
The only positive thing I can say about this is that it's nice to have a first round pick again in the event that the team does perform poorly.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agree Rams will be far out of the range for OLT Connor Williams.

I'm all in for looking to improve our OL at all times....but it takes so much time for OL's to reach average NFL grade level play. Meanwhile Big cap funds sitting on the bemch in neutral for yrs with no positive dividends in return. Not smart in my very small brain....Or worse risk playing poorly & causing havoc to our QB & offense.

Just about the time these OL'ers learn how to play in an NFL offense & get broke in running smoothly & efficiently ...poof their off to UFA drama world with high contract $$$$ demands. I would go a different direction here in 2018. I would hope that this Ram team leans to a more instant reward Boundary Corner or deep threat WR instead with this first pick. These positions normally yield very early returns on the playing field on Sundays.

Then regroup on the second day where good value & bargains $$$ are usually found for NFL teams let Kromer secure our replacement of LT Andrew Whitworth & OC John Sullivan from that point on.