Rams select Jason Taylor II (S) with the 234th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Solid starter at Oklahoma State (which is an underrated defensive back school).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Hmm, the scouting report says he's not real fast. And had a number of missed tackles in the open field. If there is one thing that frustrates fans is when their team's defense is missing tackles. Could be a special teams guy or practice squad candidate.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm, the scouting report says he's not real fast. And had a number of missed tackles in the open field. If there is one thing that frustrates fans is when their team's defense is missing tackles. Could be a special teams guy or practice squad candidate.

Not fast? He ran a 4.5 flat forty with a 1.52 split. Fairly quick, and his leaping ability is through the roof (43 inches in the vertical, 10'9" in the broad). He's definitely fast enough.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not fast? He ran a 4.5 flat forty with a 1.52 split. Fairly quick, and his leaping ability is through the roof (43 inches in the vertical, 10'9" in the broad). He's definitely fast enough.
I don't know anything about the guy other than what I read. This is from the NFL site's scouting report:

Weaknesses
  • Doesn’t have foot quickness for dynamic movements.
  • Mental mistakes lead to easy touchdowns.
  • Missing top-end speed and recovery burst.
  • Lacks leverage and GPS in pursuit angles to find runners.
  • Sits down to tackle too early, giving runner breakaway opportunity.
  • Saw a high number of missed tackles in the open field in 2022.

Some guys are fast in pads and not so fast with track. Some guys are really good with track but not so much in pads. It did say he brings four-phase special teams talent to the table immediately. Which could keep him on the team while he learns about playing safety in the NFL.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don't know anything about the guy other than what I read. This is from the NFL site's scouting report:

Some guys are fast in pads and not so fast with track. Some guys are really good with track but not so much in pads. It did say he brings four-phase special teams talent to the table immediately. Which could keep him on the team while he learns about playing safety in the NFL.

Fair enough, but he's got solid enough speed for what we ask of our safeties. Fuller wasn't really considered "fast" by standards either, but he's done well enough.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Welcome to the Rams!

Box safety. Good to add to that room, and helps teams. Hopefully our previous year picks will be ready to contribute at safety so this guy can focus on teams.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Welcome to the Rams!

Box safety. Good to add to that room, and helps teams. Hopefully our previous year picks will be ready to contribute at safety so this guy can focus on teams.
I wouldn't call him a box safety... His hands and range are too good to be called that

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wouldn't call him a box safety... His hands and range are too good to be called that
Hands and range mean he might grow into more but his strengths are downhill play.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I expect him to be the next Littleton/Scott. Special teams player that will be an active starter in a couple years. Thats if he live up to his potential at least.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
His father is Jason Taylor formerly of the Phins. Another NFL Legacy player. I like this pick. I think safety is the weakest part of the defense and he has some development potential. He has 2nd highest vertical measurement of all draft prospects. I like his physicality and range, things you need in a safety.

Memento

Name
Jemma
His father is Jason Taylor formerly of the Phins. Another NFL Legacy player. I like this pick. I think safety is the weakest part of the defense and he has some development potential. He has 2nd highest vertical measurement of all draft prospects. I like his physicality and range, things you need in a safety.

Just want to clear up any misconceptions: Jason Taylor of the Dolphins is not this kid’s father. His father died when he was eight, was a huge Okie State fan, which guided Jason Taylor II to join that team.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
No he is not his son...at least they mentioned that on one of the networks. No relation.