Rams select Desjuan Johnson (DE) with the 259th pick (Mr. Irrelevant, Bitches!).

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Undersized defensive tackle, extremely strong for his size, could learn a lot from AD.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
One way or another, we gonna get pressure on the QB

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fantastic pick for this spot. Big strong body for the rotation. Welcome to the Rams.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not if DBs keep playing 15 yards off, just saying. :laugh1:
BEGONE WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY, KNAVE!

We will compete even playing the maddeningly soft zone that Morris prefers!!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
theme park vintage GIF

jap

Legend
Desjaun says, "Mr. Irrelevant, my entire arse!!! I dedicating myself to.become the most relevant rookie on this team or die trying!!!"

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
There has been virtually nothing posted here on our Mr Irrelevant, but I am betting he makes it. Perhaps one reason is that most of the lazy analysis focused on the pick, not the player. This article is one of the most detailed and knowledgeable breakdowns that I have read on any draft pick.

It goes into depth about his Shrine Game practices and overall performance (outstanding) before explaining why we might view him as another Edge prospect rather than 3 technique. I wonder how good he would look slimmed down, and rocked up (through the Rams conditioning program) considering his strength, quickness, and motor:

"Toledo also called upon Johnson to handle zone coverage in the short field on occasion. With his speed and athleticism, he was more than suitable for this task. He secured his first collegiate interception in the Battle of I-75 rivalry against Bowling Green last November... Overall, Johnson’s dominance in his 1-on-1 drills during East-West Shrine Game practices as well as the speed attributes he demonstrated at Pro Day make him an intriguing prospect. There is some plug-and-play ability with Johnson, as he can serve a variety of purposes on the defensive line ranging from a 3-tech lineman in a 4-3 defense to an EDGE rusher. These characteristics could vault the former Toledo standout into a day 3 draft selection. In the event Johnson does not hear his name called in Kansas City the final week of April, he should be a priority free agent signing for a litany of NFL teams"

One to keep a close eye on in camp because Desjaun a player

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
If he does as well as our last Mr Irrelevant, who played 34 times for us (including 16 starts), I’ll take that.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
This next article discusses him putting on weight and muscle to play 1 technique

He is most definitely an intriguing prospect. I hope this wets your lips:

'Games against BYU in 2020 and Ohio State this past season are games that Johnson says highlights exactly what he brings to the table as a defensive lineman: "I single-handedly tortured that BYU offensive line, and that was as a sophomore," Johnson said. "That Ohio State game meant a lot to me though. It showed that me playing in the MAC, I could dominate anyone, and I was doing that playing with a strained MCL. I lived in that backfield every play, and I think it really opened eyes regarding my play".'

A lot of teams would have been bidding for him as an UDFA

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Last one from me

Height: six-foot-two
Weight: 267 lbs.

I am looking forward to our camp reports...

"Johnson has been a standout since landing in Las Vegas, emerging as one of the more impressive interior defensive linemen on either side. He’s made his name with explosive first moves on several guard and tackle prospects, using a repository of moves to get home. He has steadily climbed up a lot of interest boards, standing out on what is considered to be an extremely stacked defensive roster for the East. Prior to the start of the practices, Pro Football Focus ranked Desjuan Johnson as their eighth-highest overall player by PFF rating in the Shrine Bowl, with an overall grade of 88.1. His “wins above average” metric was also the highest amongst interior defensive linemen, marking him a can’t-miss prospect"

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I like that the Rams went all in on getting as many edge and OLB types. Those are so valuable in todays game on the field; and can cost a lot to trade for/acquire. So grab as many lower cost ones via draft picks, coach them up and let them fight amongst themselves to see who has the fire to ascend and succeed. Hopefully you hit on a few. If you do - wow, incredible value.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like the versatility and his quickness. It will be interesting to see what the Rams plans are for him.

I’m more excited about some of these later round picks than I was some of the early picks in the 2021 (Tutu/Eric Harris)draft.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Seems they drafted two 3 technique guys in hopes that one or both can help in the herculean task of replacing Donald if he decides to retire after this season.

So they seem to be preparing for that possibility and of course even if he steps away after 24'. So those picks made a lot of sense.