Rd 1, pick 19, Rams Select EDGE/DL Jared Verse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Braddahs

He creates havoc for the other team's offense that there are no stats for. He's a HUGE reason why FSU was undefeated and rolling until Jordan Travis QB went down at the end of the year.

He's gonna be a SERIOUS WEAPON for our D.
I hate the Noles, and I wanted this guy. Was a game-wrecker. Closing speed, explosive off the LOS, heavy hands, country strong, nonstop motor, and physical as they come. Don't know how high his ceiling will ultimately be because it is true that he lacks bend. But the rest of the package is there. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a star. Would be surprised if he's not at least a solid starter.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm fine with the pick, but still preferred Newton in a trade back. Verse was the Rams guy at nineteen according to Jourdan. But if they were trying to trade back it tells me he was 'the must have guy'. The must have guy apparently was too costly to move up for.

I see Verse as a more aggressive Leonard Floyd. Floyd worked out well with the Rams, so I imagine Verse will be a good addition. I love his combination of relentless news and power.
Sounds like Rams tried to trade up for Bowers but happy to have Verse at 19 but were willing to trade out if he wasn't there.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wonder if there’re any former Rams with some free time who might teach him some techniques?
Jack Youngblood lives about 40 miles up the road from Tallahassee.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The only criticism of this pick would be that it was so obvious, it was boring.

And that's a good thing, in this case.

No complaints, no takes... solid player at a position of great need.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hate the Noles, and I wanted this guy. Was a game-wrecker. Closing speed, explosive off the LOS, heavy hands, country strong, nonstop motor, and physical as they come. Don't know how high his ceiling will ultimately be because it is true that he lacks bend. But the rest of the package is there. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a star. Would be surprised if he's not at least a solid starter.

He swats and alters a lot of passes against QBs even from way outside the pocket. He's got an eye for the ball that most defensive line players just don't have. He creates multiple problems for the other team. I can't just pick one thing he excelled at because he stands out all over the damn place.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

He honestly gives me prime Clay Matthews III vibes.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Jack Youngblood lives about 40 miles up the road from Tallahassee.

I'm sure he has property up there cause that's where he's from basically... but I think he lives here in O-Town most of time now. He is a Local Flo-Grown boy like me no matter what though.

Well, except for the gator part LOL.
I should admit that my Grandmother was a gator homecoming queen... but that actually grosses me out. My Grandfather and one of my Aunts got their schooling in the swamp too.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He honestly gives me prime Clay Matthews III vibes.
Another Noles hater here and I love this pick and even think a Fiske and Green of the Noles could fix this D fast!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm sure he has property up there cause that's where he's from basically... but I think he lives here in O-Town most of time now. He is a Local Flo-Grown boy like me no matter what though.

Well, except for the gator part LOL.
I should admit that my Grandmother was a gator homecoming queen... but that actually grosses me out. My Grandfather and one of my Aunts got their schooling in the swamp too.
You got Nole and Gator blood in your bank?????? Damn son. That's pert near a mental condition.