Rams seeking a change in culture

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
by Brendan Marks / KMOV.com
http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/Ram ... 49065.html

jeff_fisher_dave_mcginnis_061412.jpg

Posted on June 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Just a few days ago the Rams completed their OTAs and virtually said goodbye until training camp begins in full swing late next month. It was just a small taste of what this new regime is going to look like under head coach Jeff Fisher.

When these men reconvene for camp in July they will begin a monstrous challenge for everyone involved. How on earth do you take a franchise that has gone 15-65 over the last 5 seasons and turn things around?

Make no mistake about it...there is a losing culture within Rams Park. Losing breeds losing while winning breeds winning. There are those who go out on Sundays and expect to win. They make the little things happen that get it done until the clock strikes all zeroes.

Then there are those who simply accept a loss. With a ballgame on the line and under two minutes to go, it’s about so much more than just talent. And if you’ve experienced nothing but failure sitting in the locker room following a game...it becomes a little bit more okay to have that feeling again. Because it’s normal.

Teams with a winning culture refuse to accept that feeling. They hate it with all of their being and do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn’t happen.

Well, folks, considering the Rams have experienced the feeling of losing 65 times in their last 80 tries...I think it’s safe to say they fall under the category of a losing culture.

So how do you change that? It’s not easy. This isn’t a franchise that’s had 1 or 2 or even 3 down years. They’ve had FIVE. And that includes the worst 3-year stretch in the history of the NFL (6-42 from 2007-2009).

Jeff Fisher needs to slowly but surely create an enviroment around Rams Park that is independent of what has taken place over the last several seasons. He needs to make sure everyone knows this is not the “same old same old” and things will be done differently.

It’s a hard process that’s going to take time. They can do it. But it won’t be easy.

After all, it is a culture that needs changing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is drivel. But... it's incumbent upon me to post everything I can find.

... still drivel though. :neh:

PhxRam

"Rams have experienced the feeling of losing 65 times in their last 80 tries"

:fk:

I am not expecting Super Bowl this year, but I AM expecting us to play spoiler on more than a few occasions. Wildcard this year, NFC championship next year, year 3 Superbowl baby.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
dumbass said:
And if you’ve experienced nothing but failure sitting in the locker room following a game...it becomes a little bit more okay to have that feeling again.
Complete and utter bullshit.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I've never placed any bet in Vegas esp on the Rams but I also "changed my culture" and threw down $1500 in the Rams over/under 5 games..took the over and fully expect at minimum 6 wins to possibly 8 and stranger outcomes always happen I.e. umm 2009 and 2012 Giants.
I don't exactly have $1500 to randomly gamble like that for the first time but I honestly was going to place $500 on Rams winning SB in 99 as well just never placed the bet.
Here's to this 'Choads' humbling thoughts on our Rams...some call me the joker and I'm no thief rather a Rams fan w/a solid belief. :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BatteringRambo said:
I've never placed any bet in Vegas esp on the Rams but I also "changed my culture" and threw down $1500 in the Rams over/under 5 games..took the over and fully expect at minimum 6 wins to possibly 8 and stranger outcomes always happen I.e. umm 2009 and 2012 Giants.
I don't exactly have $1500 to randomly gamble like that for the first time but I honestly was going to place $500 on Rams winning SB in 99 as well just never placed the bet.
Here's to this 'Choads' humbling thoughts on our Rams...some call me the joker and I'm no thief rather a Rams fan w/a solid belief. :cheese:
Well I hope you get PAID, brother.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
dumbass said:
And if you’ve experienced nothing but failure sitting in the locker room following a game...it becomes a little bit more okay to have that feeling again.
Complete and utter BS.
Remember how the Rams were the worst team of the 90's? Remember how much 1998 sucked? Well, what happened in 1999?

I'm not saying that the Rams will win the SB this year, but I haven't been this excited about a possible turn around since that year. Maybe they won't win the division, but I'll tell you this, they're going to be a lot closer to 2010 than 2011.