Rams Season Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Good read and summary of the team so far this offseason. I think 10-6 is very realistic. Just like the article mentions, a lot is going to depend on Sam Bradford staying healthy and being able to reproduce what he was starting to do in 2013. Looking forward to this season. Can't wait. Only one more month til preseason.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
10-6 in the NFC does not get you into the playoffs just ask the Arizona Cardinals, however, I would sign on the dotted line for a 10-6 record in a heart beat.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
My take is that 2 reported weaknesses being QB and Secondary can really improve with better play calling on offense and defensive schemes. Hopefully we are past the offensive identity crisis and can get back to hard nose running with play action pass. Ten yard cushions letting WR's run free exposed our young Safeties repeatedly. This is the first season in a while where overall talent and position depth aren't my top concerns ...assuming that Bradford and Jake Long are healthy. Interested in other views always.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe I'm mistaken, but, wasn't this posted earlier, and most everyone, including me, wanted to 'Stop reading ' after the "....Garbage Time..." comment!?:unsure:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
10-6 in the NFC does not get you into the playoffs just ask the Arizona Cardinals, however, I would sign on the dotted line for a 10-6 record in a heart beat.

I just don't know what to make of a W/L record necessary to make the playoffs.

It's all about our intra divisional record and that's exceedingly difficult to predict as of this date. It may not follow last year's script at all. Injuries could strike the Niners or Seahawks, or both, at critical positions such as QB, for example. Both are overdue for that, I think.

A break or two here or there and it's possible that any of these '14 NFC team versions could come out on top. Yes, ANY of them.

All 4 teams are not only capable, but likely to dominate outside our division. So again, it just comes down to heads up divisional play. Kinda like 6 extra playoff games this season.

And we all know ANYTHING can happen in a "playoff" game, don't we?

Camp and preseason will be a barometer for our '14 chances, but at least until then I am very optimistic about our chances. Especially if Bradford remains healthy.

jjab360

Legend
A 10-6 record gets you into the playoffs probably about 95% of the time (anyone know where to find that number?), so the Cardinals are mostly the exception and not the norm.

12 of the last 20 wild card teams have had 10-6 records or worse so it depends on the year, it doesn't guarantee a spot but it gives you a chance.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How do you find threads started by a certain member, I know how to find posts but is there a way to limit it?

Click the member's avatar, click their profile page, click postings, go to the bottom of the page and you will see 'Find all content by (insert member's name)' and 'Find all threads by (insert member's name).'

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Personally, If their combined offensive TD's are 40, I'd rather see Bradford throw for 20 while they run for the other 20, rather than he throw for 30 while they run for 10. Of course, if he threw 30 and they ran for 20 I'd take that. ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think the NFCW teams will all be closer to even ground between the four this season. I can see both Seattle and SF declining(a tad).
While our Rams and Cards improve(a tad). It's not that far fetched to have all four teams finish 3-3 within division, and go 8-2 or 7-3 outside the division.
Thus IMO 10 wins could be enough plus tie breakers. That 11th win could be the difference. I don't see a 12, 13 or 14 win team coming out of the West this year.

Just a hunch based upon what i see...a division with four very good teams that are getting closer to each other in terms of strength...that could very well hand each other 3 losses.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think the NFCW teams will all be closer to even ground between the four this season. I can see both Seattle and SF declining(a tad).
While our Rams and Cards improve(a tad). It's not that far fetched to have all four teams finish 3-3 within division, and go 8-2 or 7-3 outside the division.
Thus IMO 10 wins could be enough plus tie breakers. That 11th win could be the difference. I don't see a 12, 13 or 14 win team coming out of the West this year.

Just a hunch based upon what i see...a division with four very good teams that are getting closer to each other in terms of strength...that could very well hand each other 3 losses.
I have been thinking the same thing for some time!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tough but generally accurate assessment....I figure they rate Ogletree on missed tackles as well....His FF & overall tackle numbers for a rookie seem pretty tight...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There are things I agree with, then others that are just so wrong in that report.

Ogletree mediocre? Not for a rookie!

Clemens barely functional? He's a backup. He performed as a backup should.

I hate when "writers" blow details. It ruins the entire piece.

Only Quinn improved under Walton and I don't credit that to "I know it's hard, Tim" Walton. Next year's review will feature how we stacked all over the defense, not just DL.

10-6 is a fair early prediction.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I stopped reading too. Biased report, by a non-Ram fan.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A 10-6 record gets you into the playoffs probably about 95% of the time (anyone know where to find that number?), so the Cardinals are mostly the exception and not the norm.

True, however, if the option is to be better than 10-6 I'll take it.;)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
12 of the last 20 wild card teams have had 10-6 records or worse so it depends on the year, it doesn't guarantee a spot but it gives you a chance.

I understood that the Cardinals were one of the few exceptions, however, in this division going 3-3 would be damn good so when the Rams play the likes of the others the must win those games.