Rams searching for the next Earl Thomas/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BTW IMO, the best way to find the next Earl Thomas in this draft is to look for a cerebral CB that can be moved to Safety. Won't happen immediately, but as he continues to grow who knows? Worked for Byrd.

And the answer is???? Draft two CB's and move Tru Johnson to safety.

Memphis Ram

Legend
No matter how confusing the blitz is or where it comes from, it still requires a a centerfield safety to limit the damage when the blitz isn't successful. As Williams said himself.

Also,you keep deviating from the topic of this thread. I'm sure Williams is looking for lots of different defensive players because he's the DC. That has nothing to do with his search for a FS that will enable him to dial up all those blitz's he loves. You need the blitzers and you need the safety valves. You can't have only one to run his D successfully IMO.

I guess I'm just not getting what you want me to say here. I didn't think I discussed any other position but safety. And I believe that it's pretty obvious that Williams or any DC would want to get his type of players to run his defense.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nah. IMO, Johnson may be the team's best CB.

You're right, he is! Just getting tired of all this safety debate I'll be happy when they finally draft one as I root for Washington State's Deone Bucannon to be in horns.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm wanting Bucannon in Rd. 2 myself. But he may not even last that long. Guy has the range and speed, just needs some work with his hips a bit. That can be taught. And he HITS!

lockdnram21

Legend
I like Tru to. I think hes a sherman type cb. I like Bucannon But I think Terrance Brooks would be a better fit imo.