Rams Seahawks first rounds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It can be a popularity contest but when a player is clearly one of the best, they get recognition. Just look at Quinn or Hekker. We NEED more of those types of players. The type that are so good that everyone knows about them, even fans of other teams. Yes, it's nice to get good all around players that help you win but that isn't going to be enough in this division. We need players like Sherman, Thomas, Bowman, Green, etc. Players that are clearly elite and everyone knows it. You have to have some elite players(or at the very least have them playing like it in the playoffs) at critical positions or you won't win a SB.

In 2 years, Fisher and Snead have added one Pro Bowl player to the team. The Punter.

Just a reality check.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Zac Stacy
He needs to prove he can stay healthy before I will say that. Stacy seemed to get dinged up every game and he didn't even play the whole year. If he can, he will be very good.
+1
I feel like i've been the lone voice on this. Glad someone else noticed. I'm not ready to declare Stacy "The man" just yet.
Power backs must be durable. Racking up 80 yards in 3 quarters and then having to gimp around or sit in the 4th qtr isn't the answer you want at RB.
I wouldn't blink if Snead drafted another bigger back in the middle rounds.

I'm hoping the training staff really focuses on Stacy this offseason. He could be outstanding for us.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think those players would still be Pro Bowlers without the PED's. It helps, obviously, but those players are good enough to not need the extra advantage. I'm actually more upset about how they get away with holding/PI against opposing WR's. Even that, though, doesn't take away the fact that they are still amongst the best in the NFL.

The only reason for them to hold and mug WRs is because they know that without trying to cheat they would get beat more often, their pass rush needs the extra time in most cases and every CB gets beat from time to time. Henry Ellard used to torch Deion Sanders pretty regularly when Deion was in Atl.

V3

Hall of Fame
In 2 years, Fisher and Snead have added one Pro Bowl player to the team. The Punter.

Just a reality check.

This hasn't been lost on me. There are some players they've taken that I think have a shot at being Pro Bowlers, but I do think they need to step up their game in the first two rounds.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Just a reality check.
Kinda hard to get pro bowlers out of essentially a rookie team in the first year of a rebuild.
And the second year was kind of difficult without the starting QB and those weird coverage schemes that were called all year.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Kinda hard to get pro bowlers out of essentially a rookie team in the first year of a rebuild.
And the second year was kind of difficult without the starting QB and those weird coverage schemes that were called all year.
Agreed. I think this talk of missing out on Pro Bowlers after only 2 years is WAY premature.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Whoa didn't you say it WASN'T a rebuild like yesterday?
I'm so confused.
I still stand by the theory that scouting dollars spent have paid off for the hawks and are doing the same for us,we're just a year or two behind them ,but with the few salvageable parts we had left from the Spag/Shaw years we can certainly compete

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Whoa didn't you say it WASN'T a rebuild like yesterday?
I'm so confused.
I still stand by the theory that scouting dollars spent have paid off for the hawks and are doing the same for us,we're just a year or two behind them ,but with the few salvageable parts we had left from the Spag/Shaw years we can certainly compete
I was kidding Les about the whole rebuild argument that went on ad nauseum at The Huddle.

tonyl711

Starter
lets see, in the middle rounds the Rams have picked up Stacey, Bailey, GZ, McD, JJ, TJ, Givens, just off the top of my head, all are in their first or second years and should only get better with experience. UDFAs include Ray Ray and Benny. give these kids time and you might see elite performance from some of them.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Zac Stacy

+1
I feel like i've been the lone voice on this. Glad someone else noticed. I'm not ready to declare Stacy "The man" just yet.
Power backs must be durable. Racking up 80 yards in 3 quarters and then having to gimp around or sit in the 4th qtr isn't the answer you want at RB.

I'm hoping the training staff really focuses on Stacy this offseason. He could be outstanding for us.

I think its only fair to point out that without Bradford last year, Stacy was the offense so he was getting more touches than most other running backs would. He doesn't have the speed to be delivering on many pitch plays so he had to put in his work pounding it up the middle all the time. The other factor is that the opposing teams knew we were running it most plays so Stacy was having to run straight through difficult looks repeatedly all game. Of course he would eventually get banged up. However, with Bradford back under center, we will likely see the passing offense return to its previous potency, taking part of the offensive load off of Stacy's shoulders or at least giving him better looks.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Fisher and Snead seem to be doing a good job of finding players of value throughout the draft. Where it started to go awry was beginning with Martz's tenure ... and continued until Fisher/Snead arrived. Anyone remember that pick of the OL from ariz .... or ASU .... last name was Scott? The guy never even played in a GAME during his time in college... yet Martz used I think a 3rd rd. pick on him because he "liked his foot work when they went to their pro day." ?? My God we had some awful drafts ....

iced

Zac Stacy

+1

20+ carries 3 games straight after not being a starter is a lot quick... but that was with clemens.

He won't be running as much with bradford, thus less hits. He averaged 16 carries a game with Bradford, 20+ with clemens. That's a big difference over the course of the season

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'd think right now my biggest questions with Snead/Fisher are the WRs and perhaps CBs.

I understand they're trying to address both and only 1 player at WR and CB was here before Fisher and Snead arrived in St. Louis(Pettis), but there has to be some reason why those positions don't seem crystal clear yet. I think Jenkins and Tru both have the ability to be good CBs, but there has to be a reason why their play seemed to have regressed-in my eyes, anyways- in 2013.

At WR, we could have this discussion all day. I think Tavon's going to be great here, and he showed his potential starting with the Indy game, but I don't think he alone settles the WR question. I've also said that I think Quick could develop into a WR like Boldin and that he made progress this year, which was still stunted by Clemens, IMO. Studman also seems like he has a great upside, but once again, is it a sure thing that Quick, Bailey or someone else can step up and develop into a solid #2 or #1 WR? I don't have a problem going into the season with the WR corps as it is, but if the WR corps doesn't change its production in 2014, I think WR will have to be addressed in either the draft or free agency.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pete Carroll added at least 2 Pro Bowlers by his 2nd year, Earl Thomas and Marshawn Lynch.

This 3rd year is really the big one for Fisher. He better have some Pro Bowlers to show for his efforts. I think Vermiel had about 4 Pro Bowlers by his 3rd year.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Pete Carroll added at least 2 Pro Bowlers by his 2nd year, Earl Thomas and Marshawn Lynch.

This 3rd year is really the big one for Fisher. He better have some Pro Bowlers to show for his efforts. I think Vermiel had about 4 Pro Bowlers by his 3rd year.

They had the same record as Pete Carroll after his year two. That's the significant part. Not that he had an extra pro bowler. Let's see what happens in year three, shall we?