Rams scouting department shakeup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... bb4b5.html

The Rams have undergone another scouting department shakeup, with assistant director of college scouting John Mancini, as well as area scouts Drew Casani and Luke Driscoll, relieved of their duties.

Mancini had been one of the longest-tenured employees _ regardless of department _ at Rams Park. He joined the team in 1995, the franchise’s inaugural season in St. Louis, working in the ticket department. He switched over to the scouting department in 1997 as a scouting assistant before working his way up the ranks.

He was the Rams’ Midwest region scout for most a decade and was promoted to director of college scouting in 2010 under Billy Devaney. With the hiring of Les Snead as general manager last February, the personnel department was revamped and Mancini served as assistant director of college scouting in 2012. Snead brought in Taylor Morton, whom Snead had worked with in Atlanta, as director of college scouting.

“I enjoyed my time with the club,” Mancini said Friday. “We had some ups and downs. But they’re moving in the right direction. I wish them all the best of luck.”

Driscoll had been with the Rams for 13 years, including seven as a college scout. Casani just completed his fourth season with the Rams, and had previously worked as a pro and college scout for San Francisco from 2000-2004.

The timing of these moves was unusual; normally scouting and personnel changes aren’t made until after the draft, which is also when most of their contracts expire.

At first blush, the Rams had what could be a very successful draft, so the moves may be as much about Snead wanting to bring in his own people as any performance issues with Mancini, Driscoll, and Casani.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Rams scouting department shakeup

Another sign these guys have a plan.

After the awesome draft... Let's hope they make these moves for the right reason.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'm not sure they should've made these changes before the draft, especially considering how well they drafted last year. I guess Les Snead must have some scouts in mind already. I hope this does not affect the coming draft, I'm pretty sure if it did that Snead would not have fired them.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Well at least it sounds like we wont be getting any lawsuits and "firing parties" out of this.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

No concerns, and...

CGI_Ram said:
Another sign these guys have a plan.

After the awesome draft... Let's hope they make these moves for the right reason.

I agree.

That said, this is a very kind and classy comment by a person who literally been with the STL Rams since the beginning.

“I enjoyed my time with the club,” Mancini said Friday. “We had some ups and downs. But they’re moving in the right direction. I wish them all the best of luck.”