Rams S Christian Bryant, Conference Call, 5-10-14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(On his initial reaction)
“My immediate reaction was just to pray to God. I’ve been through so much this year and it’s just a blessing that somebody has seen the talent that I put on tape and just gave me a shot.”

(On if he had any previous conversations with the Rams)
“I actually had no idea. I met Coach Fisher in the hallway around two weeks ago and me and him, we had a conversation and he was just telling me, he said, ‘The one thing you will like that’s better than everything is getting a call on draft day and a coach telling you that you’re part of an organization.’ So, it’s just a blessing that I’m here today.”

(On how his ankle is doing)
“My ankle is doing a lot better. I’ve been working with some doctors and some chiropractors, and since I’ve been working with them I’ve been doing a lot better. I’m finally doing drills and I’m close to 100 percent.”

(On if he needed surgery for his ankle)
“Yes, I got surgery around six to seven months ago. Immediately after it happened, after the game.”

(On how he got hurt)
“I broke my fibula and dislocated my ankle. I couldn’t really tell you exactly how it happened. Someone on my team just fell on my ankle the wrong way and it was kind of just a fluke injury.”

(On if he will be able to participate when he reports)
“I’m not a ways away, I’m right where I want to be right now. I can do drills, I can run. I plan on participating.”

(On his type of game)
“To me, I’m a very instinctive player. I feel like I tackle a lot better than what I had when I first came into college. I’m a guy who’s going to bring a spark to the team. I’m a great leader. I know that you have to learn first to become a leader at that level, so I just plan on coming in there learning from some veteran guys and just getting to know the program and the organization.”

(On if he feels that he was a steal in this draft and if his injury had an effect on his stock)
“I feel like I was definitely a steal in this draft because I know my talents and I know exactly what I can do on the football field. I feel like if I wouldn’t have got injured this year, it probably would have been a whole different story going into the draft. But there’s certain things in life that you can’t control and God has a plan for you.”

(On if he’s had conversations with players drafted from the Ohio State defense)
“I actually haven’t talked to too many people.”

(On when he’ll be arriving in St. Louis)
“I’m not exactly sure when I will be there, but I’ll probably talk to Coach Fisher a little later on today and he’ll probably fill me in on all the details.”

(On if it’s been tough waiting around this weekend)
“It’s been tough, I feel like, just because just this whole year has kind of been a struggle with first the injury and then I just know that going into the draft, it was going to be a struggle with someone eventually picking me up. I waited it out and I’m just happy to be a St. Louis Ram right now.”

(On if he was able to participate in workouts and pro days)
“Yeah, i actually had a pro day April 30, so I was able to do drills and participate in drills and run around a little bit for some teams to see.”

(On what kind of interest the Rams showed through the process)
“I had a little bit of contact with them. Me and Coach Fisher, we met face to face on April 30 inside of ‘The Woody,’ the athletic facility that Ohio State practices in. We were sitting there in the hallway. We talked for about six or seven minutes. He was just telling me little things like he liked my game and he told me the second best thing in life behind having a child is getting a call from an NFL team telling you you’re part of that organization.”