Rams rumor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think Brockers is a pretty good player, but you're being unrealistic about his trade value, imo

Brockers was the #14 pick in the draft. He + another pick is worth #7. Not straight up but it's not that easy to find DT's like him.

V3

Hall of Fame
You'd be okay with our defense being even worse than it's been? And how the hell is Brockers "overrated?" Damn near everyone elsewhere wants Fairley to replace him because they just don't freaking get what Brockers does for this team. Overrated, my ass.
I know exactly what Brockers is supposed to do. I don't think he even does that as well as people here claim. It took him half the season to start playing well last year and even then it wasn't anything amazing. He doesn't take on double teams nearly as much as people claim, he doesn't move people back as often as people claim, he doesn't get penetration. Don't get me wrong, he's not bad but people here act as though he's an All Pro and he's nowhere near it. He's not worth anywhere near where he was drafted. He can easily be replaced without a first round pick. Heck, we already have someone that can replace him in Fairley.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I know exactly what Brockers is supposed to do. I don't think he even does that as well as people here claim. It took him half the season to start playing well last year and even then it wasn't anything amazing. He doesn't take on double teams nearly as much as people claim, he doesn't move people back as often as people claim, he doesn't get penetration. Don't get me wrong, he's not bad but people here act as though he's an All Pro and he's nowhere near it. He's not worth anywhere near where he was drafted. He can easily be replaced without a first round pick. Heck, we already have someone that can replace him in Fairley.

I respect your opinion. I will say that I completely disagree with all of it. You can look at my previous posts on any of these rumor threads to see exactly why I think that Fairley could never replace what Brockers does.

Athos

Legend
I'm thinking massive smokescreen. The tradeup would be for a QB, not White, as much as I love him as a player.

And it better not be very many picks at all to include Brockers.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I'm thinking massive smokescreen. The tradeup would be for a QB, not White, as much as I love him as a player.

And it better not be very many picks at all to include Brockers.

If it's more than just Brockers and #10 to move up 3 spots, I'm not doing it.

Athos

Legend
If it's more than just Brockers and #10 to move up 3 spots, I'm not doing it.

Me too. We need at least one, high quality lineman this year. That can be done in the 2nd. It's pushing it hard to get a starter in the 3rd.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Trading Brockers and a 10 would be idiotic, especially just to move up 3 spots. Fairley cannot replace Brockers - getting rid of Brockers would create a hole in the middle of the defense.

This Rumor is just smoke and BS

While we are at it, lets trade C Long, JL, Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, and Ogletree (because they are overrated too) for some more draft picks/rookies in a weak draft class and we will throw in Givens, Pead, Westbrooks, and Stacy just to be nice.

Without even adding any draft picks this year, I truly believe our Rams are on the verge having a legitimate top 5+ defense -- why spoil it for some unproven rookies.

Madness!!! Madness !!!

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Trading Brockers and a 10 would be idiotic, especially just to move up 3 spots. Fairley cannot replace Brockers - getting rid of Brockers would create a hole in the middle of the defense.

This Rumor is just smoke and BS

While we are at it, lets trade C Long, JL, Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, and Ogletree (because they are overrated too) for some more draft picks/rookies in a weak draft class and we will throw in Givens, Pead, Westbrooks, and Stacy just to be nice.

Without even adding any draft picks this year, I truly believe our Rams are on the verge having a legitimate top 5+ defense -- why spoil it for some unproven rookies.

Madness!!! Madness !!!

But, it's still fun to discuss the possibilities.

V3

Hall of Fame
But, it's still fun to discuss the possibilities.
Especially since it wouldn't create a hole in middle of our defense. We have Fairley. His signing would make A LOT more sense now. He's better than Brockers. Fairley's main question is if he can stay healthy.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/10/analysis_loss_of_nick_fairley.html
Against the run, Pro Football Focus grades both Suh and Fairley as top-10 players at their position. According to the NFL, the Lions are the league's stingiest team against carries behind left guard and left tackle (2.0 YPC), Fairley's gaps.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Especially since it wouldn't create a hole in middle of our defense. We have Fairley. His signing would make A LOT more sense now. He's better than Brockers. Fairley's main question is if he can stay healthy.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/10/analysis_loss_of_nick_fairley.html

No, Fairley's main question is if he can stay out of trouble on and off the field (because it'll result in suspensions, and our defensive tackle depth is thin as it is). He also needs to prove that he won't come into camp out of shape and/or overweight. Health is also a concern. And there is absolutely no guarantee that Fairley won't bolt after a good year. We at least know that Brockers wants to stay.

jjab360

Legend
Brockers was the #14 pick in the draft. He + another pick is worth #7. Not straight up but it's not that easy to find DT's like him.
Fact is Brockers is a good player, but he's a 2 down run stuffer and a limited pass rusher. Those types of players just don't have a very high trade value.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Why trade picks and a player when you can stay put and grab Parker at 10 if you really want a WR. While you are at it if you want to trade Brockers you still can but any deal involving him would require me to add picks not move up 3 and trade additional picks. Rams would get fleeced on this IMO.

V3

Hall of Fame
Why trade picks and a player when you can stay put and grab Parker at 10 if you really want a WR. While you are at it if you want to trade Brockers you still can but any deal involving him would require me to add picks not move up 3 and trade additional picks. Rams would get fleeced on this IMO.
Because White is much better in a lot of people's eyes. I'm fine with it as long as it's just #10 and Brockers. I don't want to lose any other picks. We have too many holes for that.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Because White is much better in a lot of people's eyes. I'm fine with it as long as it's just #10 and Brockers. I don't want to lose any other picks. We have too many holes for that.

And who says that White is even going to be there? Or Cooper?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A. It's only speculation as to who the target is.

2. Trade wouldn't be made until that pick is up so we would be sure to get our guy.

D. This would make sense if the Rams have - for whatever reason - decided not to lock Brock up long term. Maybe they floated a contract and he wants to break the bank. Maybe they want to run a scheme now that he doesn't fit. Who knows?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I like White, just not sure if I like him for the Rams if that makes sense lol

Memento

Name
Jemma
If Cooper is there I might bite on that as long as we are not losing picks

Again, I highly doubt that Cooper and White get past the four-through-six teams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good thing we have Kendall Langford....
Ooops, wait a minute

Brockers is incredibly underrated because his value doesnt fill up stat sheets.
If this trade has any truth to it, there had better be more in it for the Rams