Rams rumor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@Ethanhamm: Now, @AllbrightNFL is reporting that talks are in works for STL to move up to 7 by flipping Brockers + picks to get Kevin White.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Bischoff_Scott: Hearing that Rams DT Michael Brockers wants a long-term deal, could get moved. Multiple teams possibly involved, Lions, Cowboys, Texans.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It must be so nobody else moves up.
I don't see the Giants and Falcons going wr. If they stay put, it doesn't make sense to me to leapfrog them for White. If he's there when those 2 teams pick, he should be there at 10.

What am I missing here?

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd be okay with this. I know this forum loves him but I think he's overrated. Just don't get rid of other picks.

jjab360

Legend
If true, probably just one of many initial trade talks the Rams have had. After all, it would be pointless to trade up before the 7th pick comes up and then your target isn't there anymore. Snead just covering all his bases.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd be okay with this. I know this forum loves him but I think he's overrated. Just don't get rid of other picks.

You'd be okay with our defense being even worse than it's been? And how the hell is Brockers "overrated?" Damn near everyone elsewhere wants Fairley to replace him because they just don't fucking get what Brockers does for this team. Overrated, my ass.

jjab360

Legend
Considering how so many think this is a weak draft class, I'd be fine with us trading draft picks away to go up and get White if we think he's the next Julio. As long as we don't trade away future picks, that is.

jjab360

Legend
You'd be okay with our defense being even worse than it's been? And how the hell is Brockers "overrated?" Damn near everyone elsewhere wants Fairley to replace him because they just don't freaking get what Brockers does for this team. Overrated, my ass.
Whenver I read one of your posts, I always think of this commercial lol

Memento

Name
Jemma
Whenver I read one of your posts, I always think of this commercial lol

Oh, believe me, if they trade Brockers, they could pay for ten brand-new offices, complete with expensive furniture.

lockdnram21

Legend
You'd be okay with our defense being even worse than it's been? And how the hell is Brockers "overrated?" Damn near everyone elsewhere wants Fairley to replace him because they just don't freaking get what Brockers does for this team. Overrated, my ass.
Fairly can probably do same and get to qb more.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Fairly can probably do same and get to qb more.

Fairley isn't going to take Donald's spot. He and Donald are basically the same player, except that Donald is superior in every way. So if he takes Brockers' spot, that means that he'll have to eat double teams so that Donald, Quinn, and Long can get to the quarterback.

How long do you think it'll take before Fairley bitches and moans about it? You realize that our run defense would badly suffer as a result of getting rid of our best run-defender, right?

I hate Fairley as a player and as a person. I've made no secret of that. In contrast, Brockers is my favorite player on this team, one of the few who deserves a long term deal for everything he's done. I hate every aspect of this move, if it happens (which I'm praying to fucking God that it won't).

lockdnram21

Legend
Fairley isn't going to take Donald's spot. He and Donald are basically the same player, except that Donald is superior in every way. So if he takes Brockers' spot, that means that he'll have to eat double teams so that Donald, Quinn, and Long can get to the quarterback.

How long do you think it'll take before Fairley bitches and moans about it? You realize that our run defense would badly suffer as a result of getting rid of our best run-defender, right?

I hate Fairley as a player and as a person. I've made no secret of that. In contrast, Brockers is my favorite player on this team, one of the few who deserves a long term deal for everything he's done. I hate every aspect of this move, if it happens (which I'm praying to freaking God that it won't).
Brockers is ok like @V3 said he's overrated imo

Memento

Name
Jemma
Brockers is ok like @V3 said he's overrated imo

With everyone - including most of the media - who isn't on this site (and some who are) saying that he's a disappointment at best and a bust at worst? How is he overrated again? If anything, Brockers is criminally underrated. People keep saying, "Oh, the Rams have Fairley, they'll be fine." Well, how fine will we be when we have no depth at defensive tackle and Fairley comes into camp overweight or gets popped for another DUI?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm not as vocal as Memento on this subject but IF you were going to trade a player of Brockers caliber (after picking up his option) it better be for more then swapping 3 spots. Otherwise Chicago wins that trade big time.
If we were giving them Brockers FOR the #7 pick (and some other compensation) I could live with it. But not if we're losing #10 also. No way.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
And FWIW, Brockers play isn't always sexy and he will never get sacks like Donald, but there is a lot to be said for the space he takes up and double teams he attracts.

jjab360

Legend
I'm not as vocal as Memento on this subject but IF you were going to trade a player of Brockers caliber (after picking up his option) it better be for more then swapping 3 spots. Otherwise Chicago wins that trade big time.
If we were giving them Brockers FOR the #7 pick (and some other compensation) I could live with it. But not if we're losing #10 also. No way.
I think Brockers is a pretty good player, but you're being unrealistic about his trade value, imo

Memento

Name
Jemma
I think Brockers is a pretty good player, but you're being unrealistic about his trade value, imo

He's worth more to us than anyone who would realistically be available at #7 would be.

V3

Hall of Fame
Considering how so many think this is a weak draft class, I'd be fine with us trading draft picks away to go up and get White if we think he's the next Julio. As long as we don't trade away future picks, that is.
We have too many holes on the O-line to do that. We need at least two OL in the top three rounds or we'll have an O line just as bad as last year, if not worse. Even with two top O line picks the O line could still be in trouble this season.