RAMS ROSTER TURNOVER From 2011-2015 Summary & Analysis.. take a peek

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Great post @Florida_Ram
I know how much time it takes to put into these posts, especially when you use top notch presentation like you did.
Kudos :cheers:

Name
rick
I can not stand drafting o lineman in the top 5, it just isn't worth it, I have preached this point forever. I really hope Greg Robinson turns it around because he could be another example of a wasted top 5 pick.

Orlando Pace was worth it..

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Yes he was, Pace is the exception , most of these top 5 o line picks just don't work out to their potential. I hope G Rob can prove me wrong.

fearsomefour

Legend
I can not stand drafting o lineman in the top 5, it just isn't worth it, I have preached this point forever. I really hope Greg Robinson turns it around because he could be another example of a wasted top 5 pick.
LT I would draft that high (this is not a comment related to Robinson).
The other O line spots can be drafted later.
The average draft spot of a starting LT is 2nd round, meaning, most are drafted very highly. The other O line spots the average draft pick that are starters were drafted in the 4th round.
In other words, LT is a position of great demand and you usually have to draft one in the first round to get a starter....LG,C.RG,RT....they can be found later in the draft.
That little tidbit is from a Snead interview posted on here under a different thread.
Positions that I think a high first round pick should be used on?.....LT, QB, pass rushers....thats about it.
There can be exceptions of course, Gurley for example.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Thanks 43...
Tru and Jenks played together for 4 seasons and I did rank Tru over Jenks twice but it was close for the 2 seasons I gave Tru the nod.

2012 Jenkins over Tru

Jenks started 14 games with 4 picks, 14 Passes Defensed, 64 tackles had a pretty good rookie season playing the opposite side of C.Finnigan...
Tru only started 3 games in spot relief was the small school kid learning his craft..

2013 Tru over Jenkins

Tru started 12 games with 3 picks, 12 Passes Defensed 58 tackles.
Jenks started 16 games with 1 pick, another 14 Passes Defensed, 54 tackles

In 4 less games I thought Tru had a slight edge in overall play with less snaps but enough to give him the nod. Could've went either way here.

2014 Jenkins over Tru

Jenks started 13 games with 2 picks, 5 Passes Defensed, 55 tackles... obvious selection
Tru started 5 games with 3 picks, 6 Passes Defensed, 33 tackles

2015 Tru over Jenkins

Tru started 14 games with 7 picks, 17 Passes Defensed, 58 tackles
Jenks started 15 games with 3 picks, 15 Passes Defensed, 56 tackles

In 2015 I thought Tru edged Jenks out with his sticky mitts snatching up 7 Interceptions so I gave him the nod. I wouldnt agrue if several thought Jenks was the better corner all 4 seasons but I made the list based on stats and memory.

I thought Snead and Fisher kept the right corner but not so much it was an easy bye bye Jenks for me.. Honestly like most, I wanted both players signed to long term deals and yet here we are about to lease Tru for one season on the franchise tag. Such is life in the NFL.

It was a tedious time consumer to put together but well worth it when fellow Rams fans break it down and point out facts, tidbits of knowledge, memories and how many players are still in the league from 2011 etc..

Thanks again for the kind words... @Rams43, @Elmgrovegnome, @LoyalRam, @LACHAMP46, @LesBaker @Rambitious1, @Roman Snow, @DaveFan'51 and to anyone else that got something out of it.

Stay tuned for more feature presentations.. already have some more projects in mind.. (y)

Nice recap of the Jenkins vs TruJo stats to explain your reasoning, Florida.

But is there a "touchdowns allowed" comparison of the two available anywhere? That would be the decider, I think.

My gut tells me that TruJo would be the clear winner there, too.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice recap of the Jenkins vs TruJo stats to explain your reasoning, Florida.

But is there a "touchdowns allowed" comparison of the two available anywhere? That would be the decider, I think.

My gut tells me that TruJo would be the clear winner there, too.

Surely you remember this article @Rams43

The case for Johnson
In Johnson, the Rams found a small-school gem, but have failed to maximize his full impact. Johnson played only 366 snaps as a rookie, but in that time, did enough to earn a higher season grade than Jenkins—surrendering a passer rating of 72.3, intercepting two passes, and allowing more than 50 yards in coverage only twice in the games he played. That performance earned Johnson an expanded role in 2013, where he again surrendered a passer rating of less than 75.0 for the entire season, breaking up eight passes and intercepting three more.

Johnson then missed the first eight weeks of the 2014 season, but has since surrendered only two touchdowns (to Jenkins’ six) and intercepted 10 passes (to Jenkins’ four).

What Jenkins has over Johnson in experience, Johnson has more than matched Jenkins in terms of production—both on a per-snap basis and overall.

Johnson has never allowed more than two touchdowns in a season;
Jenkins has allowed at least five in each of his four years in the league.

On 116 fewer targets over their four years in the league, Johnson has 15 interceptions to Jenkins’ 10. For the duration of his career, Jenkins’ passer rating allowed is only just shy of 100 (99.5); in the same time frame, Johnson’s passer rating allowed is 67.1. That mark is better than Josh Norman’s (72.1)

Summary: This tells me Jenks has given up a minimum of 20 TD passes while Tru has given up approx 6 to 8 TD's

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-janoris-jenkins-or-trumaine-johnson/

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Surely you remember this article @Rams43

The case for Johnson
In Johnson, the Rams found a small-school gem, but have failed to maximize his full impact. Johnson played only 366 snaps as a rookie, but in that time, did enough to earn a higher season grade than Jenkins—surrendering a passer rating of 72.3, intercepting two passes, and allowing more than 50 yards in coverage only twice in the games he played. That performance earned Johnson an expanded role in 2013, where he again surrendered a passer rating of less than 75.0 for the entire season, breaking up eight passes and intercepting three more.

Johnson then missed the first eight weeks of the 2014 season, but has since surrendered only two touchdowns (to Jenkins’ six) and intercepted 10 passes (to Jenkins’ four).

What Jenkins has over Johnson in experience, Johnson has more than matched Jenkins in terms of production—both on a per-snap basis and overall.

Johnson has never allowed more than two touchdowns in a season;
Jenkins has allowed at least five in each of his four years in the league.

On 116 fewer targets over their four years in the league, Johnson has 15 interceptions to Jenkins’ 10. For the duration of his career, Jenkins’ passer rating allowed is only just shy of 100 (99.5); in the same time frame, Johnson’s passer rating allowed is 67.1. That mark is better than Josh Norman’s (72.1)

Summary: This tells me Jenks has given up a minimum of 20 TD passes while Tru has given up approx 6 to 8 TD's

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-janoris-jenkins-or-trumaine-johnson/

Wow! Outstanding research, Florida. As usual.

You are like a hungry coyote going after an unattended pork chop when it comes to research, man. Lol.

Yeah, that article was kinda tickling at the edge of my feeble memory. I knew you would find it or something like it.

Kinda overwhelming when all put together, isn't it?

We definitely kept the better CB.