Rams Roster Moves to Consider

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
After today's game, and with the upcoming trade deadline, I want to know what some of you guys think about some of these roster decisions.

1. Jared Cook

Jared is a source of frustration and has a large cap hit. Today, he actually had some decent plays and provided for the offense. He's having a "sell high" type game. The question is, do you trade him while he is coming off this big performance, or do we hope he can turn it around and be more consistent?

2. Ethan Westbrooks and the aging Defensive Ends

I love me some William Hayes. That said, I like Westbrooks at end as well. He racked up his second sack in two weeks. William Hayes is a UFA after this year and we have a lot of UFAs next year. Cap may get tight, so how much of it can we spend on the luxury of having Hayes as a rotational man on this team? Do we fall back on Ethan Westbrooks and let Hayes move on?

3. Is this offensive line still in need of starter quality improvements?

The deadline is coming after this week and the draft, while further off, are both opportunities to get some major talent. One way affects us right now, and the other for the future. The O-line is young and needs to develop, that is easy to see. The question is, do we have what we need right now, or should we add more. Should the Rams acquire more veterans via trade to help stabilize this young line? Many big name veteran offensive linemen are said to be on the trade block. Should draft picks be continued to be spent on the line in early rounds (1-3) in order to build a better unit? Do you stick with what you have? What needs to be done?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have plenty of cap money. Cut Cook and Saffold.(give Saffold the option of coming back cheap) We can re-sign Hayes. He offers great play off the bench and leadership. We let Sims walk since Westbrooks is stepping up. And then we retain the other important FAs.

lockdnram21

Legend
If we can get a wr that would be great. To be honest I would like Jeffrey or Megatron but I would trade for somebody like Aaron Dobson or Andre Holmes.. Or I would bring Toon up and see if he could do something

fearsomefour

Legend
We have plenty of cap money. Cut Cook and Saffold.(give Saffold the option of coming back cheap) We can re-sign Hayes. He offers great play off the bench and leadership. We let Sims walk since Westbrooks is stepping up. And then we retain the other important FAs.
We can resign Hayes and I would, I would also try to resign Fairley. Having that good six man rotation in place is key for this D.
Now, can both those guys come back along with JJ, Johnson, Barron and Barnes?
I don't know.
I would rank those FAs in order of importance as JJ, Barron, Johnson, Barnes, Hayes, Fairley.
If that can get done the Rams are six deep on the D line with 4 or 5 good CBs and 3 good S coming back. The front end and back end of the D is covered.
The Rams have $38M under the cap now. Letting Britt, Cook and Saffold go frees up about another $13M.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Britt, Saffold, Cook, and Sims will free up enough to resign the D players we need to. Any good OL or WR 30 and younger should be at least considered for FA signing. I'd love to see a trade for Joe Thomas as discussed in another thread. Considering we should be drafting in the lower 15 and how we are young and talented dealing the first or second for a great player shouldn't be off the table either.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If I'm Snead, I'm calling the Bears for Jeffrey everyday until we get him. I would drool over Tavon, Gurley, and Alshon all on the field together. Throw in Cook and we've got some firepower.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I'm Snead, I'm calling the Bears for Jeffrey everyday until we get him. I would drool over Tavon, Gurley, and Alshon all on the field together. Throw in Cook and we've got some firepower.

Agreed man. But what would you offer? Let's assume Jeffery is hell-bent on hitting the market and won't talk contract if you get him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Agreed man. But what would you offer? Let's assume Jeffery is hell-bent on hitting the market and won't talk contract if you get him.
The fourth we get back on Bradford's next start.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

If we're talking a rental only for the rest of the year, and I know that up front? A 5th round pick. Might be tough to swallow, but could pay off in the end. I'm looking at it as, are we buyers or sellers? We need to pick up our passing attack, and Alshon is a beast.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nailed it. And I think we have what we need at the OL position. We need a #1 WR, and a better QB play. We also need to retain as much of our DB's as possible, but we have some depth there too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd be good with the Rams trading a 4th or 5th rounder for him if that is what it takes. Rams have that good of a defense that IF they can get the offense rolling with Jeffery he's worth the risk. Not to mention the guy might really like the locker room/team direction and change his mind on contract talks.

But what would make me really happy is if they lowered the pick cost by throwing Cook in. Say Cook and a 6th round pick? I can dream, right?