Rams Rookies Report for Work/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams rookies report for work
By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_ca9865c0-d789-53c0-a239-26fb50ae3907.html

The rookies have arrived, and the vets won’t be far behind for the Rams. Which means the team’s 20th season in St. Louis is about to begin.

Rams rookies reported to the team’s Earth City facility on Monday, a group that included draft picks, undrafted players, and a few special cases such as cornerback Greg Reid. Reid was injured training for the 2013 draft and went undrafted and unsigned a year ago.

The rookies will work out Tuesday and Wednesday in light practices that will be limited because of the number of participants — a little over two dozen players.

Those rookie practices are closed to the public. Veterans report Thursday, with the first full-squad practice of training camp scheduled for 3:30 p.m. Friday at Rams Park. The Friday full-squad get-together is the first of 14 practices open to the public over the course of training camp.

This year, the Rams have installed additional bleachers surrounding the practice fields to accommodate more spectators. In addition, there will be a bigger merchandise area for souvenir sales among the tents already set up for fans in the Rams Park parking lot.

The coaching staff arrived Monday to begin the season’s work in earnest with organizational meetings before the arrival of the rookies. Among the rookies, all 11 of the team’s draft picks are expected to be on hand today — a byproduct of the 2011 collective bargaining agreement, which basically put an end to the practice of rookie holdouts.

The 11-man draft class includes a pair of highly touted first-round picks in offensive lineman Greg Robinson of Auburn and defensive tackle Aaron Donald of Pittsburgh. But all eyes will be on defensive end Michael Sam as well as he begins his first NFL training camp as the league’s first openly gay player. Sam, the former Mizzou star, isn’t scheduled to meet with reporters until next week, following the team’s first practice in pads.

All of the Rams’ 2014 draft class is expected to participate, although Maurice Alexander of Utah State via Eureka High may be limited after missing most of the spring because of knee surgery. Alexander, who plays safety, was a fourth-round draft pick in May.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Buzzing about this now.. I miss football so much that I've watched the home game against Seattle like every other day, except turning it off 3 minutes from the end of course... Still pisses me off that last play, should have just run the ball in.. DAMN IT

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FOX 2 is your home of the Rams and it is an exciting day for the team and its fans. Rookies officially report for training camp. There are high hopes for the Rams this season. The team had a solid draft. Veterans will report to camp Thursday, July 24th. (2:10)

Watch Rams Rookies Report Story

tahoe

Pro Bowler
The season is finally about to begin! I cant wait for camp reports and preseason games!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Anybody know if CoachO will be there friday to give us a report?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Remember, 2 weeks from this friday is the first preseason game! The action is almost here!

RamBill

Legend
Rams rookies set to get to work
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/9774/rams-rookies-set-to-get-to-work

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams don't officially open training camp until Friday when the full roster reports. But for the team's rookies, the action begins Tuesday afternoon.

As per coach Jeff Fisher's preferred custom, the rookies will get a little advanced opportunity to get back in the flow before the veterans join. The rookie group reported to Rams Park on Monday evening. They have a light workout scheduled for Tuesday afternoon and will follow with another Wednesday. There will be no pads and the workouts will essentially amount to conditioning sessions for the roughly 25 rookies on the roster.

But Fisher has generally considered those few extra days valuable time for the rookies as they adjust to the NFL. In the spring, Fisher likes to use the time to get the rookies acclimated to how the team does things and how practices will run.

Once the veterans arrive Thursday and practice begins Friday afternoon, the time for waiting for the rookies to get caught up goes by the wayside. Unlike the spring, which the Rams use to prepare for training camp and the preseason, this time is used to prepare for the season. That means fewer reps for the rookies and an emphasis on culling the roster to the best 53 players.

All 11 of the Rams' drafted rookies are expected to attend Tuesday's practice after they all signed on the same day in June. The team's collection of undrafted rookies will join them for the pair of workouts.

For the most part, the Rams should have a healthy group of rookies ready to get to work with a couple of possible exceptions. Safeties Maurice Alexander and Christian Bryant missed time in the spring with knee and ankle injuries, respectively. At the end of OTAs, Fisher indicated that Bryant might not be ready to go for the start of camp.

The rookie practices are closed to the public with the first of 14 open sessions scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET Friday.

RamWoodie

Legend
This is what I've been waiting for. Real stuff to talk about...not reporters drumming stuff up to gain readers.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner
Rams rookies off the practice field Tuesday afternoon. All present and accounted for.

Sam on Dungy's comments: "Thank God he wasn't the St. Louis Rams coach. (laughs) I have a lot of respect for Coach Dungy."

"And like everyone in America, everyone is entitled to their own opinions."

Rams DE Michael Sam said he's lost 13 pounds since OTAs. Down to 257 pounds, passed conditioning test and said he's faster and stronger.

Tony Softli ‏@SoftliSTL

Rams DE Michael Sam says he has "a lot of respect for coach Dungy" and "everyone is entitled to their own opinions"

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Buzzing about this now.. I miss football so much that I've watched the home game against Seattle like every other day, except turning it off 3 minutes from the end of course... Still pisses me off that last play, should have just run the ball in.. DAMN IT
Don't even get me started about that we should of run it down their throats! Been working all game all of a sudden when we are short yardage we try and be all kinds of dumb? It might be pretty Schottenheimer but it works damnit!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Don't even get me started about that we should of run it down their throats! Been working all game all of a sudden when we are short yardage we try and be all kinds of dumb? It might be pretty Schottenheimer but it works damnit!

Ahhh i know mate, that game perfectly sums up our whole season to be honest
-So many penalties
-D Line was insane
-Little or no offence
-Drops
-Offsides
-Anti-Climax
-Gruden being a tit

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Ahhh i know mate, that game perfectly sums up our whole season to be honest
-So many penalties
-D Line was insane
-Little or no offence
-Drops
-Offsides
-Anti-Climax
-Gruden being a tit

Is that a compliment? because I love tits.