Rams Rookie Minicamp Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope someone will post an up-dated version of this list, next week sometime, so we can see who made the cut and who didn't!!

The website should have the updated version for the roster, in fairness, I have been very critical about the website over the years, but since the move, it has improved immensely.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
i guess if they signed him he will compete with robey-coleman and penton for the nickel spot.
and will likley didn't make it.

I would have to add that when we are thinking of a Nickle in this Wade defense I would not want to sell corner Blake Countess short! In the last 3 games of the 2016 season when he replaced the injured Nickle Lamarcus Joyner, the Rookie Countess one of the Rams best starting DB's on the field that included Trumaine, TJ, Mo & EJ.

I tend to see the great need to favor Wade's new UFA corner Nickell Robey-Coleman (NRC) playing more reserve outside corner behind Webster & Johnson. I am still of the opinion that currently the Rams secondary is very strong @ 3 starting DB posts (both safety & nickle positions) I would also say that would also include the overall depth in these same 3 positions. The real weakness is @ outside corner posts.

Back to 2nd yr corner Blake Countess along with 2017 2nd day draft selection rookie DB John Johnson fight it out as the primary Nickle back. From all that I can read & ingest on rookie 3rd rd selection John Johnson should be what most all NFL teams are looking to move towards (Nickle-Back/ Corner/ Safety Hybrid). Make no mistake here Wade remains on the cutting edge of where future NFL defenses will be morphing.

I would also have to include 3rd year DB EJ Gaines who will have to earn a roster spot @ the Nickel & Dime positions. EJ Gaines NFL days as bona fide outside Corner are over. EJ might even be seen as a deep safety in TC & pre season too. EJ has excellent smarts & pro game style & intelligence to play any defensive back field position outside the 2 outside corner posts.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big fan of Blake countess thinks he beats out EJ. Just can't trust the guy..

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not certain about this but could these guys be eligible for this camp because they were rookies last year but never on the active roster just practice squad or IR all year?

Aaron green was on 48 last game of the season

Memphis Ram

Legend
OTAs start tomorrow and the Rams only have 2 QBs on the roster?

I wonder if there is a veteran out there that they are feeling out.

Or if they'll just pick up a couple camp arms from the local area?