Rams rookie Aaron Donald out to prove he's more than meets the eye/SI.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
IMO our run defense was not where it needed to be, yeah numbers say we're 9th, but the eye test says the Hawks & 9ers ( plus the Minnesota game) ran it up our cornhole, and we knew these teams were running. Also, we have great pressure on the edges, and to really make the pass rush pop, I thought we needed some extra presence up the middle. A rotational player. Definitely not Cujo & Conrath (yes, I'd like to cut him). We needed to make our strength better. It would also help the db's. All by adding a DT in the earlier rounds. I wanted a OT too....but I also wanted a DT....with a trade back...and use the extra pick on a Safety, or corner..or even an OLB....or maybe a OG...just my thoughts...I'm a defensive guy at heart.

yeah numbers say we're 9th

Interesting selection of rankings, I've always looked at total yards allowed as yards allowed per play x number of plays faced. In the first we were second best in the league, in the second we faced more than average (surely due to playing in the west?)

but the eye test says the Hawks & 9ers ( plus the Minnesota game) ran it up our cornhole

First 49ers game we were truly awful. The other 3 games against those two we allowed 4 rushing plays of 10 or more yards (compared to 24 rushing plays of 0 or negative yardage) for an average of 2.9 yards per carry. And we didn't play Minnesota last year. Those numbers are so overwhelming in the opposite direction that I've got to disagree with you.

That said I love the Donald pick, clear case of BPA, I would have loved Beckham also, but he's not in the same world as Donald.

Alan

Legend
I'm not in favor of cutting him unless we desperately need the cap space. What happens if we have an ^%*&#@? And who gives Brockers a break? I'm not sure Donald is a suitable sub.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not in favor of cutting him unless we desperately need the cap space. What happens if we have an ^%*&#@? And who gives Brockers a break? I'm not sure Donald is a suitable sub.

I agree. I don't think the tough choices hit us until 2016 when Bradford and Quinn are on new deals.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
yeah numbers say we're 9th

Interesting selection of rankings, I've always looked at total yards allowed as yards allowed per play x number of plays faced. In the first we were second best in the league, in the second we faced more than average (surely due to playing in the west?)

but the eye test says the Hawks & 9ers ( plus the Minnesota game) ran it up our cornhole

First 49ers game we were truly awful. The other 3 games against those two we allowed 4 rushing plays of 10 or more yards (compared to 24 rushing plays of 0 or negative yardage) for an average of 2.9 yards per carry. And we didn't play Minnesota last year. Those numbers are so overwhelming in the opposite direction that I've got to disagree with you.

That said I love the Donald pick, clear case of BPA, I would have loved Beckham also, but he's not in the same world as Donald.

My bad, AP running to daylight still dances in my head...Probably confused with Dallas & Demarco Murray, Tennessee & a washed up CJ2K, and the Texans...not sure how we gave up 153, wasn't Foster hurt? But overall, against teams that needed to run, and/or showed heavy run formations, I thought we performed poorly, esp. up the middle. Hence why I'm always skeptical of the praise for JL55. Cornhole is being polite IMO.