Rams restructured Barron’s and Longacre’s contracts before the season opener

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Not sure why, maybe in anticipation of the Mack deal possibly happening? Maybe they have a couple more contract extensions in the works that they are hoping get done in the next month? Maybe a Saffold or Peters extension? Hard telling, that'd put us at just under $9 million in cap space currently? Need a couple for the season so $5-7 just sitting there waiting to be used. All though can't we carry some of that over to next season? Can never remember how that part works with new cba.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why, maybe in anticipation of the Mack deal possibly happening? Maybe they have a couple more contract extensions in the works that they are hoping get done in the next month? Maybe a Saffold or Peters extension? Hard telling, that'd put us at just under $9 million in cap space currently? Need a couple for the season so $5-7 just sitting there waiting to be used. All though can't we carry some of that over to next season? Can never remember how that part works with new cba.
Yes we can carry over remaining cap to next year.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Props to Barron and Longacre for opening up cap space. Hope they continue to be productive players in our roster and get better contracts that works for both parties

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Isn't Barron's deal for this year and next?

Would not be a lot of dead money if Rams had to cut him, right?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I'm guessing it would be guaranteed for this year only.

Possible but I doubt they’d have any reason to cut him after not doing so all offseason when they would have had more use for the cap savings. so not sure how much it would help to guarantee for this year only

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possible but I doubt they’d have any reason to cut him after not doing so all offseason when they would have had more use for the cap savings. so not sure how much it would help to guarantee for this year only
"Take a pay cut or we may have to cut you" is probably how that conversation would've gone . I'd imagine that, if he were a late cut, he'd lose more money than the half million he gave back