Rams reportedly seeking $30M/year stadium naming rights deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Every plane on approach to LAX will have 50% of its passengers looking down at the stadium. I have to think the winning bid will be very, very big.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Well, a shirt/apparel and facilities deal probably could get 30M/yr. That seems to be in the range of an EPL deal. Too bad the NFL won't allow selling of uniform space for ads.

As for a sponsor that hasn't been mentioned above: Etihad Airways is a big EPL spender. There's also some talk of a rivalry between Emirates Airlines and Etihad and last year Emirates signed on as official airline sponsor of the Los Angeles Dodgers. No, I don't think Stan would mind taking Emirates money in the UK and Etihad money in the US.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Every company has a advertising budget, and
like everyone else, it isn't going to get much higher than Cowboys stadium and Met Life.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Well, a shirt/apparel and facilities deal probably could get 30M/yr. That seems to be in the range of an EPL deal. Too bad the NFL won't allow selling of uniform space for ads.

As for a sponsor that hasn't been mentioned above: Etihad Airways is a big EPL spender. There's also some talk of a rivalry between Emirates Airlines and Etihad and last year Emirates signed on as official airline sponsor of the Los Angeles Dodgers. No, I don't think Stan would mind taking Emirates money in the UK and Etihad money in the US.
Emirates is big in Soccer, Real Madrid and inside stadium advertising in LA Liga and Europe.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Every company has a advertising budget, and
like everyone else, it isn't going to get much higher than Cowboys stadium and Met Life.

It's a two for one deal though as there will be 16 home games between both the Rams & Chargers.
Dodge/Chrysler could make out like bandits with both Ram trucks and the Dodge Charger. :popcorn:

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't imagine that AT&T would want two stadiums named directly after their company, considering that the Stadium where the Cowgirls play is already AT&T stadium.

Some Ideas:
Farmer's Stadium
Wells Fargo Stadium
Toyota Stadium
Western Digital Stadium
Qualcomm Stadium (Chargers and people in San Diego would certainly see the irony)
DirecTV stadium (an AT&T subsidiary)
Cricket Wireless Stadium (an AT&T subsidiary)
Ingram Micro Stadium (It's a really small stadium, LOL)
I really Like the Idea of "Dodge" and the 'Ram Tough' Grabbing up the rights! Boy could that work well!!(y):D

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
Farmers, Wells, and Toyota already have naming rights out there, if I'm not mistaken.

Farmer's isn't actually out there. I'm not sure what their status is, but that was the name of the downtown stadium proposed by Philip Anschutz. You are correct that there is a Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia where 76ers play, and a Toyota Stadium in Frisco / Dallas where soccer is played.

TexasRam

Legend
United Stadium.

We will punch you in the face and drag you out bloody. if you don't root for the home team.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
United Stadium.

We will punch you in the face and drag you out bloody. if you don't root for the home team.

Kinda like :

1. Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia Eagles

lincolnfinancial.jpg

A friend of mine who is an avid Philadelphia Eagles fan insists that Lincoln Financial Field actually has a "game day prison" for drunk or violent fans inside the stadium. Need I say more? While I have no proof that such a place exists, GQ Magazine recently voted Philadelphia sports fans as the worst fan base in the United States. The article states that Philadelphia fans once booed Santa Claus and cheered when Michael Irvin of the Dallas Cowboys suffered his career ending neck injury. Ouch. That's pretty harsh. In fact, if you watch the movie 'Invincible' starring Mark Wahlberg, you will be able to see an accurate portrayal of Philadelphia Eagles fans.

Their passion, however, is a small reason the Philadelphia Phillies have been able to succeed over the years. Only should thick-skinned fans of any team venture into this nightmare of a stadium.

okraiders.jpg

There are a few other NFL stadiums that deserve at least an honorable mention. The 'Black Hole' in Oakland's O.co Coliseum is no cake walk. The venue as a whole has been rather tame since 2002. Metlife Stadium in New York also houses some rowdy fans who cheer loud for their New York Jets and New York Giants and aren't overly welcoming to visitors by any means.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
im no marketing expert but I dont really see why anyone would want to pay so much for this. are there really people out there that spend money on a company simply because their name is on a stadium? i really dont get it

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
In fact, if you watch the movie 'Invincible' starring Mark Wahlberg, you will be able to see an accurate portrayal of Philadelphia Eagles fans.

Try the movie "Big Fan". That's an accurate portrayal of many NFL fans especially those on the east coast.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I'm seeking to have a threesome with two of the hottest women on the planet. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Hmmmm.... which has better odds..... Going with the naming rights.

The other thing not mentioned in this article is the ability to broadcast the name to how many passengers coming into LAX? Yeah... I'm guessing the 30 mil happens.