Rams report: FanFest at Dome draws better than 15,000 fans/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Rams report: FanFest at Dome draws better than 15,000 fans

• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_93149efd-0f6b-5378-8827-d5d1b153e1ee.html

The Rams put on another strong FanFest event Saturday afternoon, drawing 15,723 fans to the Edward Jones Dome.

Shifting from Rams Park in Earth City, the team went through a regular practice session and added a live scrimmage featuring some of the squad's younger players.

“This puts an exclamation point on a real good week of training camp practice,'' Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. “The players are always excited to come down for this event, particularly for the fan participation and the attendance.... I think the fans got to see a lot of good things today, as we did from a coaching standpoint.

“A lot of big plays down the field. If there's any question about Sam's ability to play the position, I think it was answered here, at least early in camp. Some great throws today.''

Bradford, who seems to have a little extra zip on the ball these days, on a long pass down the left side to Kenny Britt for a 65-yard touchdown in 11-on-11 and hooked up frequently with second-year wideout Stedman Bailey on Saturday.

Bailey, unfortunately, will not be available at the start of the season while serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy.

“Not only 'Sted', but all of the receivers are having a good camp,'' Fisher said. “'Sted' had a really good day; he knows how to get open and knows how to make plays.

“We're going to miss him, but he'll push right through camp and we'll get through his ordeal and right back into the lineup.''

Some other highlights from Saturday's FanFest:

• Warming up, Greg Zuerlein booted a 63-yard field goal that went through off the cross bar. Later, after coming up short on a 65-yarder, the crowd cheered for another try. But that, too, came up short.

• Rookie Tre Mason received the bulk of the work in the 'live' session to wrap up practice. The third-round draft choice has shown excellent quickness and cutback ability and should provide an excellent backfield complement to Zac Stacy.

• Aaron Hill, a free agent rookie linebacker from Lutheran St. Charles High and the University of Minnesota, had a memorable practice Saturday. In addition to picking off a pass for what would've been a touchdown to close out the two-minute drill, he was in position for at least a couple of sacks _ one during the linebackers' one-on-one drill with the running backs and another in the 'live' scrimmage.

RAM-BLINGS

List of players not practicing Saturday was longer than usual, no doubt to give them back-to-back days off before training camp resumes on Monday. That 3:30 p.m. practice will be free and open to the public.

Not taking part in the FanFest workout were linebacker James Laurinaitis, defensive end William Hayes, cornerback Janoris Jenkins, receiver Brian Quick, guard Rodger Saffold, center/guard Barrett Jones, cornerback Lamarcus Joyner, guard Brandon Washington, safety Christian Bryant, cornerback Jarrid Bryant, linebacker Johnny Millard, running back Trey Watts, fullback Kadeem Jones and linebacker Pat Schiller.

Defensive tackle Michael Brockers appeared to suffer a foot/ankle injury Saturday, but it didn't appear serious.

• NFL Network host Andrew Siciliano, the preseason television voice of the Rams, was on hand to get a look at the team Saturday. The Rams open the preseason Friday, taking on the New Orleans Saints in 7 p.m. game at the Edward Jones Dome.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Was wondering how the crowd turnout was. Just read that 20,000+ showed up to watch that QB in Cleveland.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Saw my 1st commercial for the Saints game on the NFL Channel today. Even though it's only pre-season I hope the dome gets filled up!! Maybe everyone can wear Brown paper bags over their heads to remind the 'aints of the 'Old Days!! GO RAMS :D

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Sanes scrimmmage report: It was cold. Quick didn't play. Ive worked 20 straight days and took a nap in freezing temps with thousands of people around. No I wasn't drunk. Bradford is fine. The End note to sellf: take a jacket friday and wear long pants.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Was wondering how the crowd turnout was. Just read that 20,000+ showed up to watch that QB in Cleveland.

I'm from the Cleveland area and I can tell you that if they do an event with the Browns like this fanfest type of thing it draws in the mid forties..... Like 45k. I've seen it myself and the business that I owned for many years was in the same suburb as the Browns practice facility..... I've seen the crowds.

...... it is not Johnny football bringing in the numbers

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm from the Cleveland area and I can tell you that if they do an event with the Browns like this fanfest type of thing it draws in the mid forties..... Like 45k. I've seen it myself and the business that I owned for many years was in the same suburb as the Browns practice facility..... I've seen the crowds.

...... it is not Johnny football bringing in the numbers
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. Cleveland, as much as their organization leaves a lot to be desired, has some of the best NFL fans around. I've often been impressed by their dedication and fandom.

FRO

Legend
Sanes scrimmmage report: It was cold. Quick didn't play. Ive worked 20 straight days and took a nap in freezing temps with thousands of people around. No I wasn't drunk. Bradford is fine. The End note to sellf: take a jacket friday and wear long pants.
The dome was freezing.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

Note you Sane: you think just maybe the A/C is geared to having more than 15000 people in the building?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Nice to see the crowd. I'm not from St. Louis but love their fans. When a team commits to winning, that city will support it big time. Just the fact there's that many showing up after this franchise went thru the worst losing in NFL history is amazing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. Cleveland, as much as their organization leaves a lot to be desired, has some of the best NFL fans around. I've often been impressed by their dedication and fandom.

No worries.......I just have first hand knowledge from living there. Green Bay and Cleveland always finish 1 and 2 in pretty much every article about top fans in football. Dpending on the ranking they switch spots. It's something to see the flags and stuff come out when the season is gearing up.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
LooKs like Bradford was on his game, be interesting to see how they fair come Friday against N.O.