Rams report: Austin, Richardson sit out Wednesday practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Wide receiver/kick returner Tavon Austin (ankle) and running back Daryl Richardson (thigh) did not practice Wednesday as the Rams began their on-field preparations for Sunday's noon game against Tampa Bay at the Edward Jones Dome.

Austin, selected eighth overall in the NFL Draft in April, no longer has the walking boot on his foot.

"He's getting better, yes,'' Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said. He is "day-to-day.''

Left guard Carl Nicks (foot) was the only Buccaneer starter to miss practice Wednesday. Tampa Bay starters limited in practice were safety Mark Barron (hamstring), receiver Vincent Jackson (hamstring) and right guard Davin Joseph (knee).

RAM-BLINGS

After rushing for 133 yards, including a career-long carry of 40 yards for a touchdown, rookie Zac Stacy has been nominated for the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Player of the Week along with Green Bay's Eddie Lacy and San Diego's Ryan Mathews. The quarterbacks nominated are Kansas City's Alex Smith, Minnesota's Matt Cassel and Miami's Ryan Tannehill.

Fans can vote until Friday at 2 p.m. at on.nfl.com/19PJPI4.

• Cornerback Marcus Burley has been signed to fill out the Rams' practice squad. He's a 5-foot-10, 185-pound rookie from Delaware who was signed as an undrafted free agent by Jacksonville and was activated for one game there before being released. He was most recently on the Philadelphia practice squad.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_f0292240-826f-5261-8d7b-d7d8d8f79a33.html

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm thinking TA may be done for the year. I don't know if Richardson is part of our long term plans, but its doubtful we keep both he and Pead. Cunninham seems to be entrenched as the #3

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think TA will see more time. Needs the experience since he's playing so many different looks.

RamzFanz

Damnit
they know what tavon can do we need to see about the rest of these receivers.

I would like to see a game where they use him intelligently at least 8-10 plays so I don't have to dread another season of 3 touch games. At least a glimmer of hope that they are aware of what he can offer. Against Seattle would be great. Put all their nonsense to bed against a great D.

lockdnram21

Legend
I would like to see a game where they use him intelligently at least 8-10 plays so I don't have to dread another season of 3 touch games. At least a glimmer of hope that they are aware of what he can offer. Against Seattle would be great. Put all their nonsense to bed against a great D.

let the little guy heal up so he will be ready for a meaningful season next year . they need to target quick in these last 2 games if he doesnt show any thing draft mike evans in the first round. i think givens will get out his slump and be effective next year.

RamzFanz

Damnit
let the little guy heal up so he will be ready for a meaningful season next year . they need to target quick in these last 2 games if he doesnt show any thing draft mike evans in the first round. i think givens will get out his slump and be effective next year.

I miss long ball Givens. Would love to see them figure that out. I agree about Quick.