Rams Report: 1st full-squad day in pads results in big plays/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams report: First full-squad day in pads results in big plays
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_13704ad4-c9b2-5640-913d-c243a6dc79fe.html

The Rams went through their first full-squad padded workout _ helmets, shoulder pads and shorts _ Tuesday afternoon before 1,678 fans at Rams Park in Earth City. And coach Jeff Fisher liked what he saw.

“We had a special-teams practice in pads yesterday, so the young guys kind of got used to it,'' he said. “But (today) was really what we expected. They loved the practice. They protected each other and there were no issues, except a lot of big plays on both sides of the ball,''

Highlight plays Tuesday included a pair of well-thrown deep balls from Sam Bradford to third-year receiver Brian Quick; a Sam-to-Kenny Britt grab over second-year corner Brandon McGee; a Garrett Gilbert pass to Chris Givens in the back corner of the end zone; a Shaun Hill ; and interceptions by rookie Lamarcus Joyner and second-year safety Cody Davis.

RAM-BLINGS

Following a day off Wednesday and a closed-to-the-public workout on Thursday, the next practice open to the public will be Friday at 3:30 p.m.

On Saturday, the team will shift to the Edward Jones Dome for its FanFest workout at 12:30 p.m.

• Players sitting out Tuesday's workout included cornerback Trumaine Johnson, linebacker Johnny Millard, fullback Kadeem Jones, and corner Jarrid Bryant. running back Isaiah Pead, who had a cast on his right hand. Tackle Jake Long, center Scott Wells, guard Brandon Washington and defensive end William Hayes continue to work on the side, with safety Christian Bryant and defensive lineman Ethan Westbrooks still on the non-football injury list.

• No Gary Pinkel but the rest of the Mizzou coaching staff watched practice and spent some time with former Tigers Michael Sam, T.J. Moe, E.J. Gaines and Tim Barnes after the workout.

• Area football legend Jim Hanifan made another practice appearance Tuesday. Others in attendance were sportswriters Joan Niesen (Sports Illustrated), Bill Rhoden (New York Times), Jarrett Bell (USA Today) and former Cleveland Browns GM Phil Savage, who's now the executive director of the Senior Bowl.

Area high school programs with coaches on the sideline Tuesday included St. Charles West, Fort Zumwalt West, Francis Howell Central, SLUH and Hazelwood East.

RmsBlsCds

UDFA
That, or it's a really bad fashion statement.

I read a Tweet that was sitting out due to a possible bruised hand, and then read coach's report.

It is indeed in a cast. You don't cast a freaking bruised hand....

UGH! He was another player I was really wanting to pull it together and shine this year.

Thank God for Tre, Bennie, and Zach.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I never had pead down for anything significant anyway, nor was I rooting for him.. I am rooting for benny and tre though

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I never had pead down for anything significant anyway, nor was I rooting for him.. I am rooting for benny and tre though
Despite my jab, you have to acknowledge his worth on special teams. Now if one of those other backs can do that too, well then he's probably put out to pasture

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't wish Pead ill, but my enthusiasm left for him, last year. It's time to turn this page.