Rams rely on youth in massive makeover

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
Ironic that just when the Rams become legitimate, they're matched up against the toughest division. :roll:
I know. It's part of that cloud that's followed this team around for a while now.

Yup, it kind of reminds me of the "Ruth" (trade) curse that dogged the Red Sox for almost a century. Both my parents were New Englanders and both lived to be 84 and never witnessed the Sox win a World Series. I was so jaded by that time that when they finally won, I'd completely ignored the 7 game series against the Yanks where they came back from 0-3.....there's a lesson in there some place. :huh:
So what do you think facilitated the curse here? Releasing Warner?
Bruce playing in a 49ers uniform?

The Hiring of Linehan.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
Ironic that just when the Rams become legitimate, they're matched up against the toughest division. :roll:
I know. It's part of that cloud that's followed this team around for a while now.

Yup, it kind of reminds me of the "Ruth" (trade) curse that dogged the Red Sox for almost a century. Both my parents were New Englanders and both lived to be 84 and never witnessed the Sox win a World Series. I was so jaded by that time that when they finally won, I'd completely ignored the 7 game series against the Yanks where they came back from 0-3.....there's a lesson in there some place. :huh:
So what do you think facilitated the curse here? Releasing Warner?
Bruce playing in a 49ers uniform?
No. Go all the way back to Georgia kicking out Carroll's son, Steve. From that point, the Rams never had a true GM (Klosterman quit in protest) and the Rams drafting suffered for many years until Vermeil came along. But even then, that SB win seemed like a setup to a heartbreaking loss, but for Mike Jones not following the TE. For 6 seconds, Jones trancended the curse. Then all went back to the curse default.

The playoff loss to the Saints the next season; Hakim muffing that punt to prevent an historic comeback.

SB36 :amped: :grr:

The ascension of Zygmunt.

Letting MLB Fletcher go.

The OT playoff loss.

The injury plague, 07 thru 11

But the curse has been broken; someone besides Shaw picked a GM; the injury bug last season faded by midseason.

In fact, the only place that we had almost zero luck was fumbles.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm telling you guys...

The stench of john shaw is lingering as long as a certain family remain partial owners. Lucia and the housewife in other words.

I'm bitter.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Those are some excellent points, but I would have to say that the single biggest "hit" as far as influencing Ram destiny longer term came from the untimely death of Rosenbloom in 79 under shall we say suspicious circumstances. Back then, it was clear that Rosenbloom was intent upon building a Ram dynasty, something that has remained unrealized since then up to the present. Although the more recent "dark clouds" following GSOT, which in many ways became an anomaly where the stars aligned only briefly for us to see what might be accomplished through effective leadership and vision.

As for the past decade, I'd have to give the nod to Paul's suggestion concerning Warner as it appears that the football gods (little g) were not pleased. In any event, just as with the Red Sox, it appears that the Rams time is clearly on the horizon.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
I'm telling you guys...

The stench of john shaw is lingering as long as a certain family remain partial owners. Lucia and the housewife in other words.

I'm bitter.
NO ,you are insightful