Rams & Redskins talking?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@TonyPauline*
Hearing St Louis Rams had informal talks w/ Redskins today about 2nd pick. Doing everything possible to move the pick:

*NFL Draft Analyst for SI.com & owner of TFYDraft.com

----------------------------------------------

Yes, please. Anything to do with Diamond Dan Snyder would be great.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Let's ask for Atogwe back. And their 1st and 2nd this year and 1st next year...

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
For what it's worth I listen to a lot of KFAN out of Minneapolis. Their morning talk show guy who is also 'the voice' of the Minnesota Vikings has been at the combine this week and has been broadcasting from Indy.
Friday morning he was saying that he's heard from multiple people that the 2nd overall pick has already been traded in principal and that it's just not been made official. He didn't offer word as to who the trade was made with, but was giddy as hell that it left the Vikings to draft Kalil (something he was also pretty sure of.)

bluecoconuts

Legend
If it's true and it's basically already been traded to the Redskins, then I don't think Blackmon is our pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner4Prez said:
For what it's worth I listen to a lot of KFAN out of Minneapolis. Their morning talk show guy who is also 'the voice' of the Minnesota Vikings has been at the combine this week and has been broadcasting from Indy.
Friday morning he was saying that he's heard from multiple people that the 2nd overall pick has already been traded in principal and that it's just not been made official. He didn't offer word as to who the trade was made with, but was giddy as hell that it left the Vikings to draft Kalil (something he was also pretty sure of.)
If the Rams trade the pick, Kalil isn't an option obviously (for us). And the receiving class is pretty deep this year, IMO. I think they could still walk away with 2 blue chip (maybe 3) players by the end of the 2nd round.

joeybittick

Rookie
Warner4Prez said:

This sounds like a reporter/host just trying to get their name out there. Now, if/when the pick is traded he can say "See, I told you I have sources." But in reality, why would the Rams agree to trade their pick more than 2 months from draft day? Who knows what could happen between now and then.

Say, for example (and heaven forbid and all that) that Sam Bradford was to get into some kind of horrible career ending accident or decide to become a missionary and retire a week before the draft. Don't you think the Rams would be kicking themselves that they traded their pick 2 months before the draft.

Or, just say a team has their eyes set on Peyton Manning but he retires or goes elsewhere and they then decide they have to have RG111. What happens when they want to offer a Herschel Walker type deal but the Rams moved too quickly?

So, yeah, not killing you at all, you are just relaying what you hear, but the guy who started this "rumor" or whatever kind of pisses me off, because it is so vague and an obvious ploy for attention imo/

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
joeybittick said:
Warner4Prez said:

This sounds like a reporter/host just trying to get their name out there. Now, if/when the pick is traded he can say "See, I told you I have sources." But in reality, why would the Rams agree to trade their pick more than 2 months from draft day? Who knows what could happen between now and then.

Say, for example (and heaven forbid and all that) that Sam Bradford was to get into some kind of horrible career ending accident or decide to become a missionary and retire a week before the draft. Don't you think the Rams would be kicking themselves that they traded their pick 2 months before the draft.

Or, just say a team has their eyes set on Peyton Manning but he retires or goes elsewhere and they then decide they have to have RG111. What happens when they want to offer a Herschel Walker type deal but the Rams moved too quickly?

So, yeah, not killing you at all, you are just relaying what you hear, but the guy who started this "rumor" or whatever kind of pisses me off, because it is so vague and an obvious ploy for attention imo/
:good1: +1

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Turf Show Times re-tweeted this from Howard Eskin. I had no idea who he was, apparently he does sports radio in Philly.

I'm told by people within Redskins they are prepared to offer picks 1, 2, and 3 this year, at least a 1 next year to move up to get RG3 at 2

Remember to take it with a grain of salt because of all the stuff being leaked out before the Draft.