Rams recent media

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I know everybody loves him around here for the most part but Hoecht at OLB scares the shit outta me. We're gonna get run at so hard right at him.
Hoecht at LB reminds me of Reeder. Can make a few plays but then gets exposed. I have seen 1 too many opposing RBs make chunks of yards on swing passes with him trailing. Hopefully we get one of the new guys earning a spot there and Hoecht goes back to DL rotation.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow that list is pretty good and the one I think is going to be our starting day roster barring any injuries.

Surprised to see Yeast on there though! Honestly I know very little of him outside of drafting him the end of last year.

Anyone got more than the basic info on him?
Yeast is rising, and he should make some pretty good dough because of it.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeast is rising, and he should make some pretty good dough because of it.
Too Silly Monty Python GIF - Too Silly Monty Python GIFs

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hoecht is real stout but yeah his contain is shit. Not sure he can develop that
That is my concern as well. If he IS able to develop that, then he will be an outstanding edge. I honestly love his potential.

dang

Legend
Don’t underestimate the Donald affect. I see Hoecht as a 6-8 sack man as a rotational DE/ OLB player. Hell Donald helped a “way over the hill” Clay Matthews get 8 in only 12 games.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t underestimate the Donald affect. I see Hoecht as a 6-8 sack man as a rotational DE/ OLB player. Hell Donald helped a “way over the hill” Clay Matthews get 8 in only 12 games.

He didn't help him make any tackles.

Tano

Legend
Hoecht at LB reminds me of Reeder. Can make a few plays but then gets exposed. I have seen 1 too many opposing RBs make chunks of yards on swing passes with him trailing. Hopefully we get one of the new guys earning a spot there and Hoecht goes back to DL rotation.
That is a good comparison.

I always felt Reeder was a decent MLB on 1st down and should be a mostly blitzing LB on second or 3rd and long.

Hoecht would be a good OLB on 3rd and long and should be a DE at worst on 1st or 2nd down.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All well and good but if he gives up keeps giving first downs like he was a traffic cone in the run game that's a huge net loss.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yeah but mathews was way out of possision so offten that it offset any good he did.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That is a good comparison.

I always felt Reeder was a decent MLB on 1st down and should be a mostly blitzing LB on second or 3rd and long.

Hoecht would be a good OLB on 3rd and long and should be a DE at worst on 1st or 2nd down.
Well, he is an Ivy league guy. So hopefully he learned a lot last year in regards to keeping contain. And it was a new position for him last yr and the switch was done at midseason, not in camp where he would have gotten a lot of practice reps. So he should be much better discipline wise.

dang

Legend
Yeah but mathews was way out of possision so offten that it offset any good he did.
That’s my point. When they get an elite Edge next year. They will have Hoecht, Young and other young guns to rotate.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the prob with our defense. It's gonna take a bunch of guys stepping up to have a good unit. So it's not particularly likely even though a few of them probably will step up.

Hoecht is real stout but yeah his contain is shit. Not sure he can develop that, might be that he's just not mobile enough but worst case we will rush him on third down. I'm eager to get a look at a ton of these guys on defense though. Just edge alone is going to be enlightening come preseason. Hope they don't sit half of them though sigh.
Even though the rookies could start in Week One, how can Sean McVay know what he has until he plays them in a somewhat real circumstance? Let me quasi quote the eminent philosopher, Allen Iverson:
"We're talking about practice! We're talking about practice... We aint talking about the game!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even though the rookies could start in Week One, how can Sean McVay know what he has until he plays them in a somewhat real circumstance? Let me quasi quote the eminent philosopher, Allen Iverson:
"We're talking about practice! We're talking about practice... We aint talking about the game!
All well and good but bad practices cause rookies to be written off or be "very concerning" around ROD :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No doubt. Last year in camp Kendrick was the "Official Tavon Austin Camp All-Star" and he wilted almost immediately the moment the games counted.

I'm hoping Kendrick has a strong season in spite of his lack of athleticism but reality is he's probably a slot or a nickel/dime role dude. Of course he'll get held out from preseason games most likely but honestly I am most excited about our DB coaching change and think he will get good production out of this group. We just look like a 2-deep unit in terms of quality to me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All well and good but bad practices cause rookies to be written off or be "very concerning" around ROD :D
Not you though. Post after post you demonstrate how above it all you are.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not you though. Post after post you demonstrate how above it all you are.
If not giving up on a rookie after practices puts me above it all in your book then guilty as charged. But that's your designation not mine.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Psychological warfare. One way to outthink them is to make them think you think they're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think. Whaddaya think?
I'm going to have to think about that!