Rams Recent Injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
is there any info yet about the severity of Henderson or Rapps injuries?
Do we know anything at all about Robinson yet?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

It will be interesting to watch how much has changed since Rapp was injured & Rookie 6th round pick Jordan Fuller took over with results of a sizeable amount of positive coaching comments & high praise. From all that I can read on Fuller is he is a very mature well balance rookie who will provide DC Staley much comfort playing behind JJ III & Rapp.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the feedback.

Man, I really wanted to see Donald get a season with a legitimate run plugger at NT. Hopefully we will get some of that with Robinson this season still.

MachS

Hall of Fame
The Robinson situation is a weird one to me. Gotta wonder if we cut some corners with evaluation or physicals due to the COVID restrictions. Has anyone heard when we might get an update with him? I know its heart related but hard to believe a condition just popped up for him this off-season. Hope he can come back soon as we'll need him. When you have teams like Sea and SF in your division you need to stop the run.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Man, I really wanted to see Donald get a season with a legitimate run plugger at NT. Hopefully we will get some of that with Robinson this season still.
I get what you mean there, but I do think SJD is a solid nose. He might be above average this year too, given how hard he works. So there's a chance that will happen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Robinson situation is a weird one to me. Gotta wonder if we cut some corners with evaluation or physicals due to the COVID restrictions. Has anyone heard when we might get an update with him? I know its heart related but hard to believe a condition just popped up for him this off-season. Hope he can come back soon as we'll need him. When you have teams like Sea and SF in your division you need to stop the run.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation by the org. Who gave him the physical, how they missed it, what their prognosis is going forward, etc. And you know the fucking Lions are laughing their asses off.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation by the org. Who gave him the physical, how they missed it, what their prognosis is going forward, etc. And you know the fucking Lions are laughing their asses off.

Yea it's pretty unfortunate and appears to be another mistake for Les. If his drafts weren't so good I would be tempted to see what other GMs we could recruit to LA, because he's had a number of non draft blunders lately. But worst part is Robinson is a very good player and still young at 25. Him between AD and Brockers would be a monster front that would definitely slow down the run. I think back to Suh, AD, Brock in the playoffs '18, except this year we have a stable of much better edge rushers.

I sure hope it's something he'll recover from quickly this year, but the fact that we haven't heard any details about it the last couple weeks might not be a good sign. Why aren't our beat writers pushing McVay for more info on this? IDK just seems odd.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Yea it's pretty unfortunate and appears to be another mistake for Les. If his drafts weren't so good I would be tempted to see what other GMs we could recruit to LA, because he's had a number of non draft blunders lately. But worst part is Robinson is a very good player and still young at 25. Him between AD and Brockers would be a monster front that would definitely slow down the run. I think back to Suh, AD, Brock in the playoffs '18, except this year we have a stable of much better edge rushers.

I sure hope it's something he'll recover from quickly this year, but the fact that we haven't heard any details about it the last couple weeks might not be a good sign. Why aren't our beat writers pushing McVay for more info on this? IDK just seems odd.
How is this Sneads fault???

Maybe our new D/C told McVay hey I could really use a N/T like that, then there was he was young, Not much of risk..

Ram65

Legend
Seems like The Big A was a Staley favorite having seen him play in the same division. I imagine he was thinking he could get him back to 2018 PFF rating of 89.6. Staley had him lose 15Lbs to get around 314-315Lbs which could have helped him keep his strength but add some quickness. He was just coming into his prime at 25 years old. Two year deal with only a 2.5M dead cap after this year.

IIRC McVay or Snead mentioned talking to his agent about the contract after he was put on the PUP list. It's now a waiting game. A saw him looking at drills last week so he is staying on top of the scheme etc...Hope he gets healthy and can play soon. I was looking forward to having better depth on the defensive line. If he can't play I hope the Rams can get some money back on the contract. It would be great to get more information on his health and the contract soon.

oldnotdead

Legend
They are being held out for precautionary measures nothing more IMO. They are vets so it won't take much for them to get back to speed. They will be needed in the regular season. That said hamstrings are a big bugaboo as they tend to linger all year.

MachS

Hall of Fame
How is this Sneads fault???

Maybe our new D/C told McVay hey I could really use a N/T like that, then there was he was young, Not much of risk..

I'm sure our DC did want him, hes a good player and a great fit for us. But I'm only saying if this heart condition was preexisting, and I think the likelihood is it was...then who's fault is it that it wasn't found? Isnt Snead in charge of all player personell decisions and especially player research etc.? If not him then someone on his team or on our medical staff didn't due their due diligence. But if you read what was said in the previous posts, the COVID restrictions might have played a part in us not giving him a thorough physical. It's just unfortunate we didn't know about this and who knows when he'll play?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I'm sure our DC did want him, hes a good player and a great fit for us. But I'm only saying if this heart condition was preexisting, and I think the likelihood is it was...then who's fault is it that it wasn't found? Isnt Snead in charge of all player personell decisions and especially player research etc.? If not him then someone on his team or on our medical staff didn't due their due diligence. But if you read what was said in the previous posts, the COVID restrictions might have played a part in us not giving him a thorough physical. It's just unfortunate we didn't know about this and who knows when he'll play?
Snead is not going to sign someone that can't play because of a medical decision, neither is KD.

I would truly believe this is on the Med staff, examining DR.

Now could there have been pressure to make this a quick signing, yeap.

But none has been reported to know of this pre existing condition.

Btw on 2 things, on Covid I never posted don't do physicals. There's certain posters here that know how adamant about No 1 getting hurt.

And the other, I've probably busted Snead pick FA signings more than anyone here while I was on another board, heck sometimes I wondered if KD didn't privately email me to shut me the f up lol

But now,since we got McVay,are winning,going to playoffs etc etc why should I bi%#@ lol.

They've done a great job and this is a positive board, for the most part. You have 100 percent right of your opinion and from what you posted, think you're putting a little to much blame on Snead.

Just me.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I get what you mean there, but I do think SJD is a solid nose. He might be above average this year too, given how hard he works. So there's a chance that will happen.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Day shows up consistently. He has not even been close to what he needs to be in the th game.

does anyone know what the heart ailments is? Maybe he had CoVid earlier this year and didn't know it. Heart problems can follow it. If that's the case it's nobodies fault.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Snead is not going to sign someone that can't play because of a medical decision, neither is KD.

I would truly believe this is on the Med staff, examining DR.

Now could there have been pressure to make this a quick signing, yeap.

But none has been reported to know of this pre existing condition.

Btw on 2 things, on Covid I never posted don't do physicals. There's certain posters here that know how adamant about No 1 getting hurt.

And the other, I've probably busted Snead pick FA signings more than anyone here while I was on another board, heck sometimes I wondered if KD didn't privately email me to shut me the f up lol

But now,since we got McVay,are winning,going to playoffs etc etc why should I bi%#@ lol.

They've done a great job and this is a positive board, for the most part. You have 100 percent right of your opinion and from what you posted, think you're putting a little to much blame on Snead.

Just me.

Yeah, Snead has his strengths but he definitely has his weaknesses too. But he did well in free agency in 2018. With Woods, Whitworth and Sullivan. That's the the first time I was very excited about signings.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Yeah, Snead has his strengths but he definitely has his weaknesses too. But he did well in free agency in 2018. With Woods, Whitworth and Sullivan. That's the the first time I was very excited about signings.
Man was the Whit signing a gamble. I thought for sure no way he can play at a good level at that age.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Man was the Whit signing a gamble. I thought for sure no way he can play at a good level at that age.

I had my doubts. I figured he was on his last leg if Cincinnati was not going to try to outbid the Rams. But we had shot at OLT so what did they have to lose.