Rams react to Bradford's injury/Latsch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams react to Bradford's injury
Nate Latsch

http://stl.scout.com/2/1438143.html

ST. LOUIS — Rodger Saffold experienced a wide range of emotions after seeing Sam Bradford get hurt, then thinking the quarterback was going to be fine only to learn the next day that he was injured again.
“It was gasp,” the offensive lineman said Monday. “Then it was like, Oh, he’s fine. He’s over there laughing and walking around on it. I’m like, oh, he’s good. Then the next day it’s like, hey, not so good. Of course you feel bad for him. But what’s the best thing that we can do for him? Go out and try to win the division. That’s the best thing we can do.”

Rams players met with reporters Monday following practice for the first time since St. Louis coach Jeff Fisher announced to the media that Bradford had once again torn the same ACL that ended his 2013 campaign after just seven games.

The Rams know how hard Bradford worked to come back from last year’s knee injury, which he suffered on an innocent enough looking play when he was pushed from behind while running out of bounds in the second half against the Panthers.

On Saturday night, a Cleveland Browns defender made contact with Bradford, who fell to the turf and then grabbed his previously injured left knee before eventually walking off the field.

“Yesterday was difficult,” Fisher said. “They all care for Sam but they understand we have work to do. We have things we have to get done this week, on a short week and so they were working really good today.”

Saffold echoed Fisher’s sentiments about having to return to work.

“Everybody’s on the same page already,” Saffold said. “The mind state is good. We always look out for Sam. He’s always on our minds. But at the end of the day when we come to practice we’re here to work.”

The Rams will play their fourth and final preseason game on Thursday in Miami and then must prepare to open the regular season against the Minnesota Vikings the following week.

There’s not much time to dwell on Bradford’s situation.

St. Louis has to quickly move on to once again playing without Bradford, like they did last season, and this time playing with Shaun Hill at quarterback.

That won’t necessarily be easy, after what happened to their teammate, but that is what they will have to do anyway.

“Very unfortunate for Sam,” running back Zac Stacy said. “I hate that for him. But at the same time we’re real excited about Shaun leading us and the offensive weapons that we have. From that standpoint, we’re just going to get better, improve each and every day and get ready for Week 1.”

Hill also said he feels terrible for Bradford.

“Getting to know him here, I was really looking forward to seeing him play this year,” Hill said. “He was going to light it up. But, the nature of the business, next guy up and that’s me. A lot of excitement getting cranked up and ready to go for this one.”

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I love the focus. Nothing is gonna get this team down or make them feel defeated.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes...love the focus...

focus_c_141416.jpg

Dick84

It would be a lot of fun to see this team grind out multiple close wins.. and get into the playoffs.
I think Stacy & Cunningham are going to see A LOT of work....

RamzFanz

Damnit
8-8 season at best
train

I can't agree. I would say at worst. How can a team seemingly this improved play the same as last season?

1 yard away from beating the Seahawks with Clemons and before Britt, Quick emerging, Donald, Robinson, Joyner and Mason?

Before Greg Williams?

You don't think this is a better team than that team?

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
I am glad to read that article. Great to see them focused on the up coming season. Now go out and play with controlled anger and a point to prove......Make a statement against those Vikings...................Watch out NFL we ARE still a good team and we are here to play some football...

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I still cant believe that the ACL is torn... he could walk around and it apparently didnt hurt as much as the first one. It just doesn't make sense in my little mind

fancents86

Starter
I still cant believe that the ACL is torn... he could walk around and it apparently didnt hurt as much as the first one. It just doesn't make sense in my little mind
Nerve damage from the last year makes it feel less severe.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I'm disappointed in some of the negativity that keeps creeping into the threads. The Rams aren't acting that way and we shouldn't either on our team. That's the importance of having leaders on the team like Fish, C. Long, ect. We have good leaders on this team too. Let's make them proud! Well, of course we're going to embarrass them at times, but we're still growing too!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Hasn't got nerves or blood supply yet. Ligamentaization process takes about 2 years - for the graft to be truly "adopted" by the body and turn into ligament.

On topic - I said 9-7 WITH Sam - so 8-8 would be a good recovery. I don't want to be negative - but we've got a really tough schedule. I'll be delighted if I'm wrong though!

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
is there any chance in the course of the season we receive some better news regarding the injury of Sam? I mean, there's no chance of him come back even if at the end of the season? Maybe this injury was not as serious.

I will root for Hill and the success of the Rams this season, but hopefully Sam returns to the team.