Rams reach agreement on temporary practice facility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/30/rams-reach-agreement-on-temporary-practice-facility/

Rams reach agreement on temporary practice facility
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2016

Rams players and coaches will travel many miles on the Los Angeles freeways in the coming years.

The Rams have reached an agreement to practice on the campus of Cal Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California, during the next two regular seasons while a permanent practice facility is being built.

The campus is about 50 miles away from the L.A. Coliseum, where the Rams will play their home games until their new stadium is built. The campus is also about 30 miles away (in the opposite direction) from Oxnard, California, where the Rams will have offseason workouts. And Cal Lutheran is about 90 miles away from UC Irvine, where the Rams are planning to have training camp.

So Rams players and coaches will get a complete tour of their new region when they drive around Southern California to go to work. And they’ll no doubt look forward to a time a couple years away, when they’re spending less time stuck in traffic.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wow. You would think they could find something closer than that. It's going to make us look bad on Hard Knocks when the players are showing up late because they got stuck in traffic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Isn't the site in Inglewood like 20 minutes from the Coliseum?
Kroenke owns 300 acres there, and he can't build a couple of temporary practice fields there in a couple of months?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke owns 300 acres there, and he can't build a couple of temporary practice fields there in a couple of months?

Aren't they building a couple of billion dollars worth of stuff on that site currently?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Aren't they building a couple of billion dollars worth of stuff on that site currently?
Yes, but they probably have about 5 acres in the corner to spare.
Only need 2.5 acres for two football fields. Add another 2.5 acres for trailers, and you're done.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
Yes, but they probably have about 5 acres in the corner to spare.
Only need 2.5 acres for two football fields. Add another 2.5 acres for trailers, and you're done.
I'm sure all that land has been precisely designated for assets to be built by a specified deadline.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Wow. You would think they could find something closer than that. It's going to make us look bad on Hard Knocks when the players are showing up late because they got stuck in traffic.

This will not be the case. They will hold training camp at UC Irvine. There is housing on site along with many local hotels.

Now, once the season starts, this could happen. For example, Corey Harkey just purchased a home about 15 miles south-east from me, and Cal Lutheran, in Thousand Oaks, is about 86 miles east of here. He is going to have a tough commute if stays where he's at.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Yikes that's a bitch for the guys.

It's not that bad I used to live in LA and Oxnard and 1000 Oaks is short freeway ride.The players will probably love it since it's real close to Malibu.And Calabasas is right down the road the wives will love that.From the beginning I thought alot of players will pick this side of LA to live now they get a preview.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

:rant:Don't you start throwing out logic and solutions @X. We're trying to have a pissy protest here!:snicker::popcorn:

:wtf::hatin::hellno::gtfo::coach::fighting:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Exactly what i was thinking. I always felt like this whole searching for locations to practice etc...seemed in general a bit more complicated than it should be.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The campus is also about 30 miles away (in the opposite direction) from Oxnard, California, where the Rams will have offseason workouts
I love these sort of comments. T.O is actually about 15-20 Minutes from the Nard and directly in route to the Coliseum and greater L.A area. opposite direction from what. Hmmm much ado about nothing.
The Rams Practiced at Cal Lu when I was a kid and guess what they played at the Coliseum.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

No he can't because they are utilizing all of the 300 acres for the Stadium and an NFL campus...Every acre is accounted for....Stadium, HQ NFL Network, 8.000 seat theater and a Hall of Fame West.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But the good news is Cal-Lu is only about 15 minutes from my front door! And Oxnard 20-25 minutes!! (y):D
And there's plenty of land to build on in the West Lake/Thousand Oaks area!(y)(y):D:D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But the good news is Cal-Lu is only about 15 minutes from my front door! And Oxnard 20-25 minutes!! (y):D
And there's plenty of land to build on in the West Lake/Thousand Oaks area!(y)(y):D:D
Well then, we'll be expecting camp updates from you Dave.
rdcl.gif