Rams QB "to call" list - Funny if not so sad...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

10407495_10153090252344256_3054584843013076772_n.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How about a list of top quarterbacks in the arena league I think former Buckeye QB Kenny Guiton is doing well.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And that's why the Sam detractors have been unrealistic, he was our best option all along.
If I was Sam I'd approach the Rams to renegotiate and take two years to rehab this time a little slower and not grind himself into the dirt.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
And that's why the Sam detractors have been unrealistic, he was our best option all along.
If I was Sam I'd approach the Rams to renegotiate and take two years to rehab this time a little slower and not grind himself into the dirt.

I have a feeling if he's coming back he'll have to redo his contract into an incentive laden contract. One that pays more if be stays healthy. A prove it type contract. Sounds cold but its a cold business.

Tends to happen when you do nothing in the draft to address the back up QB. He'd still be our best option, but we'd be in a much better position if we'd of drafted say a Nick Foles in Fisher's first year, or even a Mike Glennon in 2013.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I have a feeling if he's coming back he'll have to redo his contract into an incentive laden contract. One that pays more if be stays healthy. A prove it type contract. Sounds cold but its a cold business.
I think he could take this years and next years extend it to three years give the team an option for a fourth ,spread these next two over three and expect him back no sooner than 15 months or even two years with the spread of the contract first two years representing this years amount moving next years to year three,the Rams would be better off than just IR him for this year

fearsomefour

Legend
This is always the question I have posed to the "Bradford sucks" people....give me a better option. There have not been good options.
The irony is that if Hill plays well the Rams will find themselves outside of a high draft pick and there will be nothing in FA.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Tends to happen when you do nothing in the draft to address the back up QB. He'd still be our best option, but we'd be in a much better position if we'd of drafted say a Nick Foles in Fisher's first year, or even a Mike Glennon in 2013.

Well sure NOW you can look back and make what seem to be better decisions ,but hell then why not Russel Wilson? FWIW would Nick Foles be the same playing without Desean and Shady who is as close to Faulk like in effectiveness as I've seen since?
I wish we'd done some things differently ,but Fisher inherited a team so poor in talent it's understandable how they chose to use draft choices ,I'm certain I'd have done some things differently but I'm equally sure I'd/ we'd never have done as well.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
This week at Rams Park:

Kevin Demoff: I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Jeff Fisher: Most of these guys never had a prime.

Les Snead: The fact is we lost our best quarterback to an ACL injury. We haven't won our division since 2003, we haven't made the playoffs since 2004. Obviously it's time for some changes.

Kevin Demoff: This guy here is dead!

Les Snead: Cross him off, then!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
This is always the question I have posed to the "Bradford sucks" people....give me a better option. There have not been good options.
The irony is that if Hill plays well the Rams will find themselves outside of a high draft pick and there will be nothing in FA.
I think Tom Brady and Kurt Warner are proof coaching is easily 50% of the formula of the making of a franchise QB,I don't discount that being a big factor in Nick Foles success.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think Tom Brady and Kurt Warner are proof coaching is easily 50% of the formula of the making of a franchise QB,I don't discount that being a big factor in Nick Foles success.

I agree, it's a great system for Foles. But if you've watched him you'd see that he has serious talent and is an all around top flight QB. I think he's one of those guys who would play great in any type of offense.

If I was running the Rams and the Eagles called and said they wanted to give me Foles in exchange for any three players on the roster I would say "it's a deal".

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, it's funny there are so many "experts" on TV, so many scouts and QB gurus. There is all this expertise out there but teams stink at finding great QBs.
Basically, teams are still drafting just physical measurables and hoping with the rest.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I agree, it's a great system for Foles. But if you've watched him you'd see that he has serious talent and is an all around top flight QB. I think he's one of those guys who would play great in any type of offense.

If I was running the Rams and the Eagles called and said they wanted to give me Foles in exchange for any three players on the roster I would say "it's a deal".
Glad you're not running the Rams then @LesBaker . ;)

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'd be terrible, but that one move would save my job for another season lol.
Actually I think it would get you fired before it was consummated,maybe committed to the Farmington Mental Hospital

fearsomefour

Legend
Lets sign Tebow and trade for Cousins and Sanchez, send Sanchez and Cousins (back) to Washington for RG3, then package some picks and RG3 to move up to the first overall pick and draft the top rated DE.
Send Tebow out to pick up coffee and donuts.
.....oh yeah, blue font.