Rams QB Coaching Position (Jeff Garcia, Other Candidates)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I kind of hoped (assumed) that the Rams would be naming Jeff Garcia as their next QB Coach soon (this week?) but I recently read that Fisher might have other candidates he wants to interview before he makes a final decision. While, I think it is usually a good idea to take your time and interview all the possible candidates I would hate to see the Rams lose out on Garcia (Seems like I have read that there are other teams pretty interested in him?) while they are interviewing other candidates. But, if Fisher really has some other highly qualified candidates (any ideas on who these other candidates are that Fisher is talking about?) then that is probably a very good move by him. I just hope they end up with a really good QB coach that can help Sam Bradford and whoever his backups are in the coming seasons. And, hopefully, the Rams medical staff and strength & training coaches can help Bradford get stronger and stay healthier!!!

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I kind of hoped (assumed) that the Rams would be naming Jeff Garcia as their next QB Coach soon (this week?) but I recently read that Fisher might have other candidates he wants to interview before he makes a final decision. While, I think it is usually a good idea to take your time and interview all the possible candidates I would hate to see the Rams lose out on Garcia (Seems like I have read that there are other teams pretty interested in him?) while they are interviewing other candidates. But, if Fisher really has some other highly qualified candidates (any ideas on who these other candidates are that Fisher is talking about?) then that is probably a very good move by him. I just hope they end up with a really good QB coach that can help Sam Bradford and whoever his backups are in the coming seasons. And, hopefully, the Rams medical staff and strength & training coaches can help Bradford get stronger and stay healthier!!!

Sorry! The title of this thread should have been Rams QB COACHING Position!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry! The title of this thread should have been Rams QB COACHING Position!
I can change it, but do you want me to leave the question mark on there too, or do you now want an exclamation point!

jjab360

Legend
One thing you could never accuse Jeff Fisher of is rushing into coaching decisions and not covering all of his bases.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What other teams still need a QB coach? I honestly have no idea and figured we were the last to have an unfilled coaching position. I don't see it as "OMG Fish better hurry and get him locked up!" Garcia is the guy I want to see hired because I like his knowledge of the WCO and think he will pair very well with Cigs. He's the right guy IMO but I don't think in this case Fish's deliberate approach will hurt.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I believe Fisher will interview a few more especially one candidate that has more experience, but I'm hoping for Garcia, IMO, the changes on offense with Garcia will provide more hope than the past. Schottenheimer's gone, Boras will be handling his strength the running game and Cignetti should be a far better play caller especially in the 2nd half of football games where Schottenheimer never had a good feel for.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll take Garcia....I like that QB coach that has been on ESPN and works with everybody too...Hell, I'd settle for Trent Dilfer...

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I continue to be depressed and feel I've traveled to Bizarro World seeing the Rams even considering this. Worse is Rams fans actually happy about the possibility of one of the more disgusting Whiners from a decade ago coming here. Maybe we should hire Tom Holmoe and Marty Morninweg and prance around a Whiner maypole? Come on, people!

Pick your most hated current player: Brady? Sherman? Belichick? And imagine them coming to the Rams. That's the disgust I have with Garcia, I hate everything about him, from his spazzy and wussy play style to his personality. He's the only person in the world that could lose a battle of wits to Terrell Owens, for crying out loud.

Ok maybe you want to be "logical" and put aside any personal Whiner issues with Garcia and his 9er stank (I think as Boffo put it). Fine -- let's focus on the business side of this: Garcia is a horrible fit for the Rams. He speaks only one language: west coast offense. The Rams do not (or should not) speak west coast offense.

But there are those that love Garcia -- they are called 49er fans. Here's the whining that Garcia -- not Kurt Warner -- should be working with Krapperdouche: http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/kaepernicks-coach-choice-couldnt-wrong-job/

(Yes, the 49ers get Warner and Rams fans apparently want Garcia. Bizarro... World...)

Garcia's traits are:
- A former 49er.
- A West-Coast-Offense guy.
- A mobile quarterback
- Total spaz with a weenie arm (ok I added that one)

Is Bradford, or any QB the Rams will bring in, any of those things?

Does Fisher want those traits for the Rams??

Which leads to the most depressing part of this -- the implication that Cignetti and Fisher want more west coast offense influence. I believe Schotty's huge weakness was he was too influenced by west coast offense concepts, and if anything the Rams should be bringing people in to get further away from that, not strengthen it. Schotty tried the west coast offense in the first 4 games of 2013. Bradford was unfairly blamed for it and labeled "Capt. Checkdown", but I think he was just doing what he was told and the real criminal was Schotty.

Fisher had to reboot that 2013 season (after it was lost), yet appears that he wants to go back to the same fiasco again. That is the last thing the Rams need.

Garcia has been trying to weasel into a QB coaching gig for months now, and even his alma maters like Philly and SF said no. Don't you think it strange that the bastion of west coast offense won't even take Garcia? But people think the Rams should?

It's strange even having to explain this, and here I am actually linking idiot Whiners fan sources. Like I said, Bizarro World.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
What terrible things would befall the Rams if they didn't
have any QB coach at all ???

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
What terrible things would befall the Rams if they didn't
have any QB coach at all ???
Well, the last time they tried that was 2011...

Certainly, not all the terrible of that year was due to having no QB coach, but it certainly didn't help.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Yeah that's true, you're right.

Ramsdell just seemed to get results and the QB's always praised him.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can change it, but do you want me to leave the question mark on there too, or do you now want an exclamation point!

Sorry X! I just got back on the computer and realized all my mistakes! I really appreciate you correcting them for me! It should have been just the question mark. I am blaming this on age (I have to blame it on something!)! Thanks again for correcting my errors and I will try to be more careful (Proofread!) in the future!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He was important to Warner, Green, Rivers and someone else I am missing.

His resume is something else.
Marc Bulger, he was never the same after Ramsdell left. Now he's with the Panthers.