Rams promote Zac Taylor to QBs coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Not sure they would be interested as being an assistant coach takes long hours with little fanfare, would not be shocked if it's a young guy with opportunity for growth.
If young then Stedman yeah. But I think experience would be a plus. Got to revert to who were the WR coaches of Ike and Torry. Even back to collegiate if necessary.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Taylor brings some experience as a QB coach and Coordinator; I’m going to wait and see.

Worked with some good programs.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I trust McVay to make the best decision for this team.

Damn, its been awhile since I could say something like that...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off, can't be worse than anything Fisher installed as coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

Second:
"...and later signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Being a former Winnipeg Blue Bomber is good enough for me! Great move!! :ROFLMAO:

Name
Rod
McVay is very careful with Goff. He would not pick a coach he did not trust. That is good enough for me. Great pro players don't automatically make great coaches. There is this little thing called communication.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Zac Taylor might of been a tad over his head when called upon in Miami, but there is not debate that along with Wide Receiver Coach Eric Yarber the Wide Receivers was a solid unit and his work with Kupp which was highlighted was a positive endorsement.

Taylor played QB at Nebraska donned the right number and I'm hoping can work with Goff to make him strong in the pocket and work on when he does take off and run not to fall down (not that I want Goff doing that often). I will be interested to see if they add an assistant WR Coach, which I think would be good, but they might have created that position because they wanted Taylor on the staff.

zactaylorpromoted600.jpg

Interesting point. Maybe you're right. If McVay wanted him in any capacity and sees fit to move him to QB coach, then it stands to reason that he respects the guys ability.

A55VA6

Legend
Tannehill had his best years when Taylor was his QB coach. Plus, this guy has vast knowledge of the West Coast offense.