Rams probably two players away.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrankenRam

Starter
Who do you think will start then?

At this point, not a clue. We're only 1 week into the beginning of the league year and FA, so it's way too early to call, IMO.

I would have to believe at least one, as of yet unsigned, FA will fill one position.....probably 2.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If we are just two players away then these two UNKNOWN players must be some talent!

Currently this Rams team has one big serious weak unit...as we all know its the OL it was weak before Fisher arrived & it was weak in 2012, 2013, 2014 & even weaker now in 2015.

Rams OL has also been the most Unluckiest units since Fisher arrived in injuries. So now not only is the 2015 OL weaker in than in previous seasons its been plagued with constant ongoing injuries events. This not a good combo here.

I would have to say that the seven (7) injuries in 2014 were down some (OLT-Long/knee, OLG-Saffold/shoulder-surgery, OC-Wells/illness& elbow, OC Rhaney/knee, OC Jones/back surgery, OC Barnes/Shoulder 2x's & Robinson/toe surgery).

Fisher currently does not have a legitimate starting ORT or OLG on his roster. Many here feel the same way about the starting center post too. Fisher also does not have a back up critical Swing OT either. I am not good in math but I count FOUR.

I hate to keep splashing cold water, but one could also make the argument that Robinson AS OF THE LAST GAME HE PLAYED isn't all that good of a LT. He's all potential. Yes, I know we knew that going in but knowing his future potential doesn't stop pass rushers right now. In short, this is not the slam dunk to fix as many seem to make. It's a big problem, and with our history of awful OL play it's putting a hurt on my optimism. I'm betting that behind the press conference smile Foles is concerned as well.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
After you select that WR with that first round pick ...can you name me any Fisher hit on any OL'er not selected in the first round?

Looks like you maybe be putting some serious pressure on Fisher here...cause the Fisher has no track record of being able to do that. Whats makes you think he can if he has been unable to do that the past three drafts?

Throw money at Wisnieski and draft Dismukes/Marpet/Tre Jackson/Gallik in the second or third round? One of them is gonna be there.

I will admit I know little about these guys except for Dismukes. Any knowledgable guys on this board might come along and say "this guy sucks etc". I don't know.

I think I just want Amari Cooper in horns....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Throw money at Wisnieski and draft Dismukes/Marpet/Tre Jackson/Gallik in the second or third round? One of them is gonna be there. I will admit I know little about these guys except for Dismukes. Any knowledgable guys on this board might come along and say "this guy sucks etc". I don't know. I think I just want Amari Cooper in horns....

Hey you know me & my repulsion to drafting flashy playtoys with the first round picks but Its been years & I mean many years since I have liked a WR like Cooper so much.

Now that I have thought about it I can't recall ever liking a WR like Cooper EVER! So that should tell you something there. I would love to see him wearing the Horns too but at what cost? I just think that if he was there @ #10 there would be some great offers in way of extra draft picks that could be had by Snead that would make the trade of Cooper worth it.

I would prefer they throw $$$ at NT Michael Brockers instead & go very heavy in the draft for upgrade in talent level in the OL for a big change.

On that Auburn center..and the poor combine .....does not really mean much to me. I think he would make a great 6th rd pick. Barret Jones was rated much higher than Dismukes.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/barrett-jones?id=2539195
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/reese-dismukes?id=2552248

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Pancake is gonna be proven right. The defense is gonna kill it next year and all they need is a middle of the pack offense in order to get into the playoffs. From there anything goes if our defense is good enough.

As to the draft things are gonna be much clearer once the FA moves are done. If they don't bring Barks back they're gonna address OT in the first round even if it's after a trade down. If they don't get Wiz they're gonna be looking hard at centers too obviously, and could address it rounds 2-4. Certainly they'll draft OG in rounds 2-4 given the projected value vs need.

If they bring Barks back cheap it means Cooper is ours if he falls to 10. That's a big deal man. Not to mention Wiz of course, who would allow them to wait until round 6 for a center since they're not desperate and thus more ability to go BPA in those first four rounds.

IMO Rams need to hit big on those first four rounds with players that help them this year. Now that Sam is gone I wouldn't necessarily reach for a QB in those rounds unless value is there, since even if you do get a good developmental prospect he's hopefully not gonna see the field for some time. At least some other depth options provide for special teams, which translates into wins this year. And that shows an additional value of Foles, that he allows for them to not burn a valuable pick on a prospect unless that value is there. I realize some will say "but Foles can be injured too!" But the chances of him missing an entire season are no worse than any other QB out there, and all teams are gonna have dropoff from their starter it's just the way it is.