Rams preseason game one defenses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Something I noticed on the rams defensive struggles this past week.

Since fisher has been our head coach:
2012 Preseason week 1:
Andrew Luck- 10/16 188 yards and 2 td's
2013 preseason week 1:
Brannon weeden- 10/13 112 yards and a td
2014 preseason week 1:
Luke McCown - 7/10 49 yards and an interception
2015 preseason week 1:
Derrick carr - 6/9 43 yards and an interception

Shredded by luck
Shredded by weeden
Held McCown on check but he completedid 7/10
Held carr in check but he completed 6/9 and was intercepted at the goal line.
Just another reason not to worry about week one of the preseason. The defense looked shaky but I think Greg Williams will have them ready to play week 1

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm a big fan of GW and I still believe he's going to fix the defense and have them ready for week 1 in SF or China or wherever.

But that said I did not like the effort or execution by the starters in that game last Saturday and that's in spite of the fact that I know how Fish is in preseason. The thing here is that I don't want to see a team like the last four years under Fish, that thinks they can turn it on and off and then end up winning games they shouldn't only to lose games they should win and finish sub .500 for the season.

I want to see a team that shows up and plays lights out every weekend. A team capable of stringing together groups of wins on the way to a 10+ win season and playoffs.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Fisher is known for telling his starters to go about 80 percent on both offense and defense. He cares more about getting thru preseason with no one hurt.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a big fan of GW and I still believe he's going to fix the defense and have them ready for week 1 in SF or China or wherever.

But that said I did not like the effort or execution by the starters in that game last Saturday and that's in spite of the fact that I know how Fish is in preseason. The thing here is that I don't want to see a team like the last four years under Fish, that thinks they can turn it on and off and then end up winning games they shouldn't only to lose games they should win and finish sub .500 for the season.

I want to see a team that shows up and plays lights out every weekend. A team capable of stringing together groups of wins on the way to a 10+ win season and playoffs.
Yeah they've gotta be ready to take the next step and I'm a bit worried about that given the lossof 4 key players on that side of the ball. But the sky isn't falling just yet to me

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher is known for telling his starters to go about 80 percent on both offense and defense. He cares more about getting thru preseason with no one hurt.
I agree. He said himself that this game was more about basic packages. I'm sure the loss of 4 starters and the absence of gaines and Quinn had a huge effect too

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I agree Fisher cares more about no injuries, but no coach would tell a player in a game to go less than 100%. Fisher does that in practice, but in any live game setting -- preseason or not -- a player would get himself killed trying to go 80%. I think Ogletree's own comments that they "sucked" and "weren't physical enough" is pretty telling.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree. He said himself that this game was more about basic packages. I'm sure the loss of 4 starters and the absence of gaines and Quinn had a huge effect too
Don't forget Ogletree

--TJ McDonald was playing way to loose. Alexander broke Kate on a ball.He will get his timing down though. Just a half step late,but then again it was in front of him.

Joyner just does not do it for me. GW says sizes doesn't matter but Inthink in his case it does.He hustles,but either late(blitz) or going over balls going.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Something I noticed on the rams defensive struggles this past week.

Since fisher has been our head coach:
2012 Preseason week 1:
Andrew Luck- 10/16 188 yards and 2 td's
2013 preseason week 1:
Brannon weeden- 10/13 112 yards and a td
2014 preseason week 1:
Luke McCown - 7/10 49 yards and an interception
2015 preseason week 1:
Derrick carr - 6/9 43 yards and an interception

Shredded by luck
Shredded by weeden
Held McCown on check but he completedid 7/10
Held carr in check but he completed 6/9 and was intercepted at the goal line.
Just another reason not to worry about week one of the preseason. The defense looked shaky but I think Greg Williams will have them ready to play week 1
They have always played "Vanilla D" in the Pre Season!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Never saw that many passes go over cb's heads...never....Tye Hill type stuff