Rams pre-draft visits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Updated Rams 30 Pre-Draft Visits:
WR K.D. Cannon, Baylor
WR Josh Reynolds, Texas A&M
WR Damore'ea Stringfellow, Ole Miss
WR Taywan Taylor, W. Kentucky
WR Chad Williams, Grambling
WR DeAngelo Yancey, Purdue
TE Evan Engram, Ole Miss
TE Gerald Everett, S. Alabama (?)
TE Johnny Mundt, Oregon
G Dan Feeney, Indiana
LB Eric Wilson, Cincinnati
CB Tyquwan Glass, Fresno St.
CB Adoree' Jackson, USC
CB Damontae Kazee, SD State
S David Jones, Richmond
S Josh Jones, NC State
S Rudy Ford, Auburn
S Leon McQuay III, USC

Am I missing anyone?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Kind of surprising none of the WRs projected to go in the top couple of rounds visited. From the looks of that it looks like there hoping Engram falls to them in the second or they will go after a corner.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Updated Rams 30 Pre-Draft Visits:
WR K.D. Cannon, Baylor
WR Josh Reynolds, Texas A&M
WR Damore'ea Stringfellow, Ole Miss
WR Taywan Taylor, W. Kentucky
WR Chad Williams, Grambling
WR DeAngelo Yancey, Purdue
TE Evan Engram, Ole Miss
TE Gerald Everett, S. Alabama (?)
TE Johnny Mundt, Oregon
G Dan Feeney, Indiana
LB Eric Wilson, Cincinnati
CB Tyquwan Glass, Fresno St.
CB Adoree' Jackson, USC
CB Damontae Kazee, SD State
S David Jones, Richmond
S Josh Jones, NC State
S Rudy Ford, Auburn
S Leon McQuay III, USC

Am I missing anyone?

What 2 players would you take from this list.
1. Adore Jackson
2.Chad Williams/ Evan Engram

I think that would be a descent 2 & 3rd rd choice.Looks like The Rams really are going to draft these position strongly.

WR,TE,& DB's both CB & Safety

What do you think of these LBers ??
Do any of these guys have a chance to make the 53 ?

Reggie Northrup , Jake McQuaide ,
Carlos Thompson

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
What 2 players would you take from this list.
1. Adore Jackson
2.Chad Williams/ Evan Engram

I think that would be a descent 2 & 3rd rd choice.Looks like The Rams really are going to draft these position strongly.

WR,TE,& DB's both CB & Safety

What do you think of these LBers ??
Do any of these guys have a chance to make the 53 ?

Reggie Northrup , Jake McQuaide ,
Carlos Thompson
McQuaide is a lock IMO and I think Thompson is a dark horse. Northrup likely won't make it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kind of surprising none of the WRs projected to go in the top couple of rounds visited. From the looks of that it looks like there hoping Engram falls to them in the second or they will go after a corner.

I'd say they don't want to play there cards right now.It makes more sense to look into players they have less info about. Senior Bowl,pro days & combine has given them a chance to meet the top line players. Especially this season when they don't have a first rd pick.They stayed away from some of the top 10 players

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McQuaide is a lock IMO and I think Thompson is a dark horse. Northrup likely won't make it.

Cool -- Thompson has size & is from SEC . McQuaide played Ohio State ?
I guess I really didn't scout the draft last season really at all with The Rams not having any really top picks.

Who are your top realistic picks with the fRams top 3 .

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Cool -- Thompson has size & is from SEC . McQuaide played Ohio State ?
I guess I really didn't scout the draft last season really at all with The Rams not having any really top picks.

Who are your top realistic picks with the fRams top 3 .
I think the second round you are looking at any of these guys: Chris Godwin, Evan Engram, Zay Jones, Carl Lawson
I think the third round you are looking at any of these guys: George Kittle, Adoree Jackson, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Gerald Everett, Ethan Pocic, Josh Jones, Tim Williams, Josh Reynolds, Taywan Taylor
In the fourth look for guys like: Alex Anzalone, Malachi Dupre, Pat Elflein, Duke Riley, Kendall Beckwith, KD Cannon, Julie'n Davenport, Taylor Moton

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

Maybe they plan on getting Josh Gordon

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because I refuse to come to grips with the likelihood that the Rams don't draft Kupp, I thought I'd provide this article:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...roethlisberger-jared-goff-carson-wentz-022117

It's an interesting read. Everything that comes out of Kupp's mouth is exactly what you want to hear from a guy in his shoes. Anyways, the part relevant to this thread is that he met with and caught passes from Jared Goff this off-season. I don't know how meaningful that is, but I do wonder if the Rams might be using Goff to feel out potential WRs.(Kupp wasn't the only WR who Goff met with and threw passes to this off-season)

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Because I refuse to come to grips with the likelihood that the Rams don't draft Kupp, I thought I'd provide this article:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...roethlisberger-jared-goff-carson-wentz-022117

It's an interesting read. Everything that comes out of Kupp's mouth is exactly what you want to hear from a guy in his shoes. Anyways, the part relevant to this thread is that he met with and caught passes from Jared Goff this off-season. I don't know how meaningful that is, but I do wonder if the Rams might be using Goff to feel out potential WRs.(Kupp wasn't the only WR who Goff met with and threw passes to this off-season)
With all due respect, I don't see what makes him different than Nelson Spruce. I would be upset if we drafted Kupp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all due respect, I don't see what makes him different than Nelson Spruce. I would be upset if we drafted Kupp.

With all due respect, this is a bad opinion and lazy analysis. It's like claiming that DeSean Jackson and Donnie Avery were the same players back in 2008. If Nelson Spruce were as good as Kupp, he would have been drafted on Day 2 last year. Last year's WR class was significantly weaker, and Kupp is a better prospect than second round pick Tyler Boyd (who I was a big fan of).

Nelson Spruce was a lesser player in all aspects of the game. And this is coming from a person who likes Nelson Spruce. I see a guy who can be a solid #4 WR, possibly even a solid #3. But he's nowhere near as talented as Cooper Kupp. The prospect whom Kupp compares best to over the past 10 or so years is Keenan Allen.

I'm disappointed that I continue to see Kupp compared to Spruce. It makes me question if you evaluated either player.

I'm sorry for the bluntness here, but I expect more from you, Jake. If you're not a fan of Kupp, that's your opinion. I'm certainly interested in hearing why. What I'm not interested in seeing is a lazy comparison like the one above. To me, it's akin to people comparing Corey Davis to Brian Quick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@jrry32

I'd be happy if the Rams picked Krupp. The last guy that they had as a reliable go to target was Amendola. Kupp while not spectacular or dynamic will be the anchor to any receiving corps. He has great hands, gets open, runs good routes, is a consummate professional. I don't see how anyone doesn't like him. Sure he isn't Julio Jones. But, this is not the 8th pick in the draft either. If the Rams could get Kupp in the second round it would be great value. Much better than most second round receivers. People doubted Jordy Nelson and he is Rodgers' favorite target.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Jordy Nelson was one of the faster WR's coming out. There was no doubt about that.
Funny thing even with his track background Jordy ran a 4.62 at the combine. People are was too fixated with the underwear olympics and ignore game tape.