Rams pre-draft visits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend

View: https://twitter.com/TurfShowTimes/status/851826113466830848

LA Rams Meet With Three DBs From Across California
The Rams are embracing their new (old) home state by hosting visits from three Cali defensive backs.
Los Angeles Rams recently met with three defensive backs ahead of the 2017 NFL Draft.

USC Trojans SS Leon McQuay
McQuay projects as a Day 3 pick or UDFA as a strong safety who played some nickel corner in his freshman year. He lacks some physicality, but has plus ball skills for his size (6’1”, 197 lbs.).

San Diego State Aztecs CB Damontae Kazee
Kazee’s a plus athlete who comes in a bit smaller at 5’10”, though he has positive, aggressive ball skills with 15 interceptions in the last two seasons.

Fresno State Bulldogs CB Tyquwan Glass
Glass is a near-certain UDFA. He has a similar build to Kazee without the pedigree. He does have plus raw speed having taken on kick and punt return duties since being named a starting cornerback in 2015.

Clearly the Rams are doing some work to prep for some secondary additions. They’ve made moves in free agency to sign CB Kayvon Webster and then add CB Nickell Robey-Coleman last week. Of course CB Trumaine Johnson is on a second successive franchise tag with trade rumors having swirled coming out of the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine. Behind the corners, S T.J. McDonaldsigned with the Miami Dolphins last month.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me too, though it's a little odd. We already have little dudes in Joyner and Nickell Robey-Coleman. Adding another little guy seems weird.
Add players don't let height and weight deter you. Otherwise you draft a bunch of Brian Quicks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Texas A&M WR Josh Reynolds and NC State S Josh Jones visiting the Rams per NFLTraderumors.com

My best guess is that Snead realised the team didn't have any players named Josh so it's time to find one.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me too, though it's a little odd. We already have little dudes in Joyner and Nickell Robey-Coleman. Adding another little guy seems weird.

Could play slot CB or FS in the NFL. Extremely strong and physical player with nice ball-skills.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Could play slot CB or FS in the NFL. Extremely strong and physical player with nice ball-skills.

Oh I hear ya. I just don't understand why the Rams would use a high pick for him, which will likely be the only way to get him. We have Joyner at FS and NRC in the slot. Where would Awuzie fit in with us?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Texas A&M WR Josh Reynolds and NC State S Josh Jones visiting the Rams per NFLTraderumors.com

My best guess is that Snead realised the team didn't have any players named Josh so it's time to find one.

Interesting since Joyner and Mo are scheduled for FA next year. Jones is a really good athlete with experience at FS and SS. Will probably go in the round 2-3 range

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll be making My own "Pre-Draft Visit" To Cal Luth. this afternoon!! IF there is anything to see, I'll get photos and Report back!!(y);):D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh I hear ya. I just don't understand why the Rams would use a high pick for him, which will likely be the only way to get him. We have Joyner at FS and NRC in the slot. Where would Awuzie fit in with us?

Kazee is a projected 4th or 5th round pick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll be making My own "Pre-Draft Visit" To Cal Luth. this afternoon!! IF there is anything to see, I'll get photos and Report back!!(y);):D

Just so everyone knows! I went their today, But nothing was going on. Outside anyway. I'll try again another day!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
very meh

Looked like good production but seems to be lacking in hands.