RAMS prank call Redskins...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Lol, I found this and found it entertaining, enjoy!

WASHINGTON – After announcing on Tuesday that the team was benching QB Robert Griffin III in favor of journeyman Colt McCoy, the Washington Redskins received a prank phone call early Wednesday from St. Louis General Manager Les Snead, during which the 43-year old executive reportedly offered to trade Washington the Rams’ next three first round draft selections in exchange for the troubled Griffin, before breaking out into loud guffaws and hanging up the phone, according to sources within the team’s communications office.

RGIII-BENCHED-300x200.png

“Hi Bruce? Les Snead here with the Rams. Heard you guys are benching RGIII. That sure is a shame,” said the giggle-suppressing Snead to Redskins G.M. Bruce Allen. “Something about him being injury prone, and a bad leader? Holds the ball way too long? Teammates can’t stand him? Gee, what a bummer. Tell you what: We’ll take him off your hands for the low, low price of just…. of just THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PACKS AS WELL AS A HIGH SECOND ROUNDER.”

Added Snead, while hanging up the phone: “HAHAHAHAHA.”

Three years ago, the Rams famously traded the 2nd overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft to Washington in exchange for the Redskins first and second round selections that year, as well as first rounders in 2013 and 2014. At the time, Washington was happy to part with such a huge bounty of picks, if it meant the team’s long-standing quest for a franchise QB would finally be over. But with the news of Griffin’s benching Tuesday, sources say that the Redskins search for a premiere signal caller may be back on.

“Was Snead being sarcastic there? I get the feeling he was being sarcastic,” said a confused Allen, while looking at the “call disconnected” graphic on his smartphone. “Well, whatever. I just heard that Brett Hundley of UCLA is declaring for next year’s draft. Someone get me the Raiders on the line and see if they’ll take all our first round picks between now and 2018 in exchange for their top pick next year.”

http://profootballmock.com/rams-prank-call-redskins-offer-three-1st-round-picks-rgiii-hang-giggling/

FRO

Legend
Brockers
Jenkins
Pead
Watkins
Ogletree
Bailey
Stacy
Robinson

All for a guy who sounds like won't be on the Redskins next year. So when you think of selling the farm for Winston or Mariota remember this trade.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Brockers
Jenkins
Pead
Watkins
Ogletree
Bailey
Stacy
Robinson

All for a guy who sounds like won't be on the Redskins next year. So when you think of selling the farm for Winston or Mariota remember this trade.

Except, thanks to that trade, the asking price will NEVER be three 1st rounders again. IMO we drove the price down after screwing Washington.

If RG3 was still Pro Bowl material, then yes, the price would still be that outrageous.

But a 2015 and 2016 1st? Not too steep if you ask me. Especially since our core is in place already.

FRO

Legend
Except, thanks to that trade, the asking price will NEVER be three 1st rounders again. IMO we drove the price down after screwing Washington.

If RG3 was still Pro Bowl material, then yes, the price would still be that outrageous.

But a 2015 and 2016 1st? Not too steep if you ask me. Especially since our core is in place already.
Will a top 5 team be willing to trade to the teens? I don't think so. It's important to remember we went from 2 to 6 in the Washington trade. To go from 12 to 5 is a huge drop off. A team will want a ton to move that much.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I guess Mike Glennon is starting to look really good!;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Brockers
Jenkins
Pead
Watkins
Ogletree
Bailey
Stacy
Robinson

Particularly Winston because of the character issues. Mark my words, he'll end up WORSE than RGIII.

I'd much rather trade down for a QB than up. Mortgaging the future for one guy isn't going to get this team to the next level.

Particularly Winston because of the character issues. Mark my words, he'll end up WORSE than RGIII.

I'd much rather trade down for a QB than up. Mortgaging the future for one guy isn't going to get this team to the next level.

If it's the right QB it is.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams might have to look towards the 2016 draft before they are comfortable enough to trade a boatload of picks to target a top QB.
Any stud QB's on the radar coming out in 2 years? Obviously things change quickly in terms of scouting but...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Winston is too dirty off the field to mortgage the future. Mariota plays a gimmicky college scheme. Those two guys have too many blemishes to trade that much.

I'm beginning to agree and the scenario you and jrry laid out acquiring a Mike Glennon or somebody like a Glennon would be the right move. Now the question looms who will be available via trade? Be interesting to see what direction they go in, but the Stacy for Glennon deal with draft choices involved seems like a natural deal.

Winston is too dirty off the field to mortgage the future. Mariota plays a gimmicky college scheme. Those two guys have too many blemishes to trade that much.

Depends on how much and how we rate the QBs, I trust Snead to do his job, if he believes Mariota worth trading up for (assuming 2 firsts at most) I'll be happy.

fancents86

Starter
Didn't know Glennon was up as a FA next season. Would Deff like to see him under center instead of anyone in this draft class.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Didn't know Glennon was up as a FA next season. Would Deff like to see him under center instead of anyone in this draft class.

jrry and FRO did a mock in the NCAA/College Football Draft Forum where the Rams traded Stacy for Glennon factoring the Buccaneers going for Mariota or Winston and bringing back Bradford. Rams would have Bradford, Glennon and maybe another QB which would make most of us feel better next year.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Brockers
Jenkins
Pead
Watkins
Ogletree
Bailey
Stacy
Robinson

And the board I used to belong to is having their resident metldown artist freaking out because he from DC and thoight RG3 was "magic" and he's the #1 Bradford hater over there, so it's tough on not just RG3 but all the people who bet the bank on him.

FRO

Legend
Depends on how much and how we rate the QBs, I trust Snead to do his job, if he believes Mariota worth trading up for (assuming 2 firsts at most) I'll be happy.
If you miss on a first round pick it really hurts. If you miss on a first round pick AND trade a bunch of other picks you are setting yourself for another 15 wins over 5 year stretch.

Does Mariota fit what Fisher wants to do? Fisher wants ball control power offense. Mariota plays in an uptempo spread system. Can Mariota sit in the pocket, read the field, go through progressions? In college he has a lot of wide open receivers. He can use his legs a lot. We see what happens to guys who run a lot. RGIII is a shell of himself. Even big Cam Newton is banged up a bit. I would pick Mariota if he fell to us. I'm not trading a large piece of real estate to get him.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I guess Mike Glennon is starting to look really good!;)
Why all the Mike Glennon hype? This isn't the first time I've seen his name as a possible pickup. From what I've seen from the guy I'm not impressed, or compelled to see him in the Rams uniform. What am I missing?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Why all the Mike Glennon hype? This isn't the first time I've seen his name as a possible pickup. From what I've seen from the guy I'm not impressed, or compelled to see him in the Rams uniform. What am I missing?

Some Guys have been doing Mock Drafts on the NFL/College Football Draft Forum and included in that are acquisitions...Very entertaining you should visit that forum. Mike Glennon has been part of a couple of mocks of being traded for Zac Stacy. Just a plan B behind Bradford. Just a QB that might be available with some upside as we as fans try to uncover rocks to fine the future field general of the Rams.