Rams Post-Season Roster Breakdown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Time to get back to work!

So here is how I see our roster right now. Its going to be an interesting offseason!

Quarterback
Signed: Matthew Stafford
Free Agent: John Wolford (ER)
Perhaps the Rams draft a developmental QB to compete with Wolford (who I suspect will be retained, at least until training camp/preseason) but, otherwise, we're set at this position.

Running Back
Signed: Cam Akers, Darrell Henderson, Jake Funk
Free Agents: Sony Michel (U), Buddy Howell (U)
With Akers and Henderson returning, I suspect that Michel will find a new home. I'd also expect that the Rams will draft a RB, as last year showed how essential depth is at this position.

Wide Receiver/Tight End
Signed: Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Van Jefferson, Tutu Atwell, Jacob Harris, Ben Skowronek, Tyler Higbee, Kendall Blanton, Brycen Hopkins
Free Agents: Odell Beckham, Jr. (U), Johnny Mundt (U)
This position group is very strong, particularly if Woods, Atwell and Harris are all healthy. OBJ is the big question mark, though I suspect he'll want to stay and the Rams will find a way to make that happen (maybe a 2 year deal with high incentives for year 1 and a team option for year 2?). If Mundt returns, it will be a bargain basement contract.

Offensive Line
Signed: Andrew Whitworth, Rob Havenstein, David Edwards, Bobby Evans, Tremayne Anchrum, Alaric Jackson
Free Agents: Brian Allen (U), Austin Corbett (U), Joe Noteboom (U), Coleman Shelton (R)
So much to unpack here. The first question is whether Big Whit retires. I suspect he will, but we're still waiting on a formal announcement. If he does, I think re-signing Noteboom will become a priority, unless the team really thinks Jackson is ready to start at LT (seems unlikely). Not sure we can afford to bring back both Allen and Corbett, so the question is... did we win a title because of them, or in spite of them? Of the two, my gut tells me that Allen is more likely to be prioritized. We could find an OG in the draft.

Defensive Line
Signed: Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Marquise Copeland, Mike Hoecht, Chris Garrett
Free Agents: Sebastian Joseph-Day (U)
Assuming Donald does not retire (and, no, I don't think he will), we're set at this position. SJD is a luxury we might not be able to afford, but the emergence of Gaines and Robinson in the second half of the season made him expendable.

Linebackers
Signed: Leonard Floyd, Ernest Jones, Terrell Lewis, Christian Rozeboom
Free Agents: Von Miller (U), Travin Howard (U), Ogbonnia Okoronkwo (U), Troy Reeder (R)
Miller is the key here. I think the Rams will find a way to keep him. If they do, we're set at three starting positions (Jones and Floyd filling the other two). The rest of the free agents are replaceable so, if they want to return, their price tags must be reasonable. Otherwise, I think ILB is a position where you can find a real gem in the mid rounds of the draft.

Defensive Backs
Signed: Jalen Ramsey, David Long, Jr., Robert Rochell, Jordan Fuller, Taylor Rapp, Terrell Burgess, Nick Scott
Free Agents: Darious Williams (U), Donte Deayon (U)
I don't think DWill was a great fit for our scheme (particularly given the role that Ramsey takes in the slot), so I'll be surprised if we re-sign him. If he leaves, I'd expect we'd look to add a CB or two in the draft. The safety position looks pretty good, largely due to Scott demonstrating that he's more than a special teams ace. With him, Fuller and Rapp, I think we're set.

Special Teams
Signed: Johnny Hekker, Matthew Orzech
Free Agents: Matt Gay (R), Brandon Powell (U)
I hope and expect that both Gay and Powell will return. Hekker probably does too, though the Rams could again flirt with a replacement if money is an issue.

All in all, I think the roster is in pretty good shape. If Miller stays and the OL is kept solid, we should be right back in the thick of things next year!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Damn, i'd want to sign all the FA Olinemen, they've shown that they are great depth and could possibly start in this league. I doubt we sign them all. but I'd def go after Noteboom, Corbett, and Shelton. I'd let Allen walk, he's still a weak link.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Matt Gay had a nice season. Add him to the list of guys I’d like see sign a longer term deal.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Rams must understand importance of Oline after 2019-2020, so I feel that most resources will be dedicated here.
Find a way to bring back Miller, and the Rams are definite favorites in the NFC. With Von, Rams have an unstoppable pass rush, the most important part of D in today's NFL.
Stafford will be better in year 2, and much better.
No reason for Rams not to be in the mix from start to finish