Rams post free agency salary cap update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your right CGI, XLNT Article!! the only problem I had with it was I couldn't go "All-Of-The-Above " in the Poll at the end!!:rolllaugh::D
Agree! Or multiple choice would have been nice, but since we could only choose one I took Brockers. Would add Tree and Tru along side him and say those 3 are the most important. It's also interesting to note they're assuming we resign our RFA that are still out there. We haven't resigned all of them yet.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Agree! Or multiple choice would have been nice, but since we could only choose one I took Brockers. Would add Tree and Tru along side him and say those 3 are the most important. It's also interesting to note they're assuming we resign our RFA that are still out there. We haven't resigned all of them yet.
I couldn't make up my mind, too early in the morning I guess, so I pick Tavon, no special reason!

Ram65

Legend
Trumaine Johnson

He is counting the most against the cap. The Rams can't keep franchising him. Too much cap hit and they lose the ability to franchise any of the other players whose contracts are running out.

Great work TurfShowTimes by

By Frank "Dubs" Dobozy@Bozy1313 on Apr 1, 2016, 7:35a

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Good stuff. Good enough to pin for the rest of the off season at least.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep Brilliant! write up. I am embarased.:oops: I did not remember that RB Benny Cunningham had signed a one yr contract. The way they did the lineup on the DL it looks as though we are well endowed. I wonder if we will see Gregg try LTP @ NT behind Brockers this season? Good chance that LTP will come in much stronger & harder on that 6-1 frame? The only place we are in critical state is @ back up to Brockers.

But I would have done it this way.

LDE-Hayes/Longagre/Westbrooks/Coples
NT-Brockers/Worthington
DT-Donald/Tri-cant Pasat/Westbrooks/Coples/Sims
RDE-Quinn/Coples/Sims/Westbrooks

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Potential for Big Time CAP space in 2017. If Indy doesn't re-sign Andrew Luck ...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Indy will rename the team the "Lucks" to make sure he's in Indy...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Indy will rename the team the "Lucks" to make sure he's in Indy...
Well that just sounds gay.

But you know, they almost were named something else. When Modell moved to Baltimore, he made an offer to purchase the Colts name from Isray, but the ask was too low. I often wondered what Indianapolis would end up being called if they sold away the rights to the name.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This article explains why we didn't go out for a Nick Fairley or Anquan Boldin. We have only 4M left in room? That ain't enough to get the job done. I hope we sign Tru long term to reduce that giant cap hit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
(With all costs taken into consideration in my estimate, the Rams currently have close to $53 million in salary cap space for 2017 (based on the league-wide salary cap rising to $170 million). If Nick Foles ($12.25M cap savings), Rodger Saffold ($4.22M), Coty Sensabaugh ($4M) and Lance Kendricks ($4.25M) don't perform up to expectations in 2016, all four could become salary cap casualties in 2017, with the Rams gaining an additional $24.72 million in salary cap relief.)

I found this to be interesting. One of the articles posted here had Demoff quoted as saying that the Rams will be over 70 million under the cap in 2017. So it seems that the above cuts are not only expected by this writer.