Rams Possibly Adding to Front Office

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure if this has already been posted but speculation in this article is that the Rams may be adding some type of oversight between KD and Snead.

Rams expected to make front-office additions

4:49 PM PT
i

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- A thorough evaluation of the entire organization is ongoing, Los Angeles Rams COO Kevin Demoff said from The Forum on Wednesday, site of a ceremony that celebrated the Chargers' move to L.A.

The Rams are in the process of constructing a coaching staff under Sean McVay. And though Les Snead has been retained as general manager, changes could be made in the front office as well. Demoff wouldn't go into specifics, but did reference his comments from a Dec. 12 press conference, when Jeff Fisher was fired as head coach and Demoff said: "We need to take a look at this entire organization, and that includes personnel."

"We need to make sure we deliver on the rest of that analysis, which is how we get better as an organization," Demoff said Wednesday, shortly after speaking from the lectern and stating that the Rams and Chargers would "work hand in hand" in Los Angeles.

"I think it would be disingenuous to stand up there in December and say we all need to improve, and then not make any changes outside of the coaching staff. I think that would ring hollow. So, we're going to continue to evaluate. And I would expect that we will make additions to our front office to try to make sure that we field the best possible team that we can field."

A report by NBC's Pro Football Talk speculated that the Rams could look for someone who would have say over Snead on football matters, which would free Demoff to spend more time focusing on the business aspect of the organization. The Rams still seem to be in the process of determining that. They got plenty of feedback about their dynamics and their roster throughout the just-completed head-coaching search, specifically from Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy and Bill Polian.

"[Rams owner Stan Kroenke]'s demand of us, for the entire organization, is to field a Super Bowl winner as quickly as possible," Demoff said. "That's what he wants for the organization; that's what he wants for the fans in Los Angeles. And we need to make sure that we're evaluating every opportunity to improve."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I believe McVay is a guy they can grow into that great coach I have wanted them to have for so long, a guy who gives them a year-to-year edge in gameplanning and coaching/teaching offense. And he has brought in a top-notch DC who you don't have to worry about being hired away, a salty old vet that is going to give us a strong duo, not to mention retaining Bones. So the staff looks like it's going to be outstanding.

This is why I see it as great news that Demoff isn't standing pat with the coaching changes. An overall Football mind who has it all under him would be the best possible move he can make. It gives Les a chance to prove he can do his job, but also allows for smart decision making from a football perspective. It would be a key hire he would have to hit on, but if he does then you have an organization set up for long term success.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They got plenty of feedback about their dynamics and their roster throughout the just-completed head-coaching search, specifically from Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy and Bill Polian.

This jumped out at me, I really like that they were able to tap some of those resources to get a good unbiased assessment of the roster. Sounds like Stan is serious about fielding a winner, hopefully it happens sooner rather than later. We're likely heading to a shift in powerhouses and if the Rams can move into that conversation it'd be huge. Everyone knows that the NFL loves to protect and pimp their brand, right now a huge part of that is Tom Brady and the Patriots... He'll be retiring soon, so the Rams need to try to jump into that spot before someone else so they can be pimped out, get some of the favorable calls and schedules.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, ... If Marshall Faulk won't be a coach, maybe the Rams can carve out a niche for him in the F/O.