Rams playoff bound?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wsaladen

Rookie
This is the time of the yeaar I hate, because it reminds me of when the season will actually start and I'm anxious!!!!! :lol:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Same here hate the wait this time a year. Oh and welcome to the board my man

wsaladen

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks alot!!! I used to work at the Edward Jones Dome for three years from 2009-2012. I've seen a lot of lows, but now I see nothing but good things happining for my team. ST. LOUIS!!!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
wsaladen said:
Thanks alot!!! I used to work at the Edward Jones Dome for three years from 2009-2012. I've seen a lot of lows, but now I see nothing but good things happining for my team. ST. LOUIS!!!!!

YES! And very exciting too!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Hey wsaladen! Great to have you here. :zomg: :ja: :dancin:

Swedish by any chance?

EDIT: I've already weighed in on this issue (as have we all) but I'm happy to do so again. 11-5 baby! Division champs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Welcome to the site WS.

I think we have a shot. Of course, this time of year I always think we have a shot. Well.... maybe not while Linny was here. :sly:

Seriously though. I actually think we WILL make the playoffs. And if we get in, anything can happen. I think Fish is a shrewd game manager.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, welcome aboard WS.

You are not alone. It's tough right now... but camps aren't too far away now!

jap

Legend
Let me extend my heartfelt welcome with the rest of the crew. getting to the playoffs is all nice and good (I suppose). I would much rather we actually do something when we get there.

The 1998 Rams went 4-12 and, together with the hapless Detroit Lions, were pinned with the inglorious label of the "losingest team of the '90's." Then lightening started striking all over Saint Louis.

Coach Dickie V was told in no uncertain terms to make drastic changes to upgrade the franchise. Adam Timmerman was acquired from the Super Bowl runner-up Green Bay Packers. Together with the 1998 overall #1 draft choice, Orlando Pace, he helped to anchor the St. Louis OL. QB coach, Mike Martz was lured away from the 'Skins, along with his young QB protege, Trent Green, to take over the offensive coordinator duties. Green's arrival allowed the release of incumbent QB's, Tony Banks and Steve Bono. The top key player acquisition was the trade for Colt's Pro Bowl RB, Marshall Faulk, for 2nd- and 5th-round picks in the 1999 draft---one of the greatest trading steals in NFL history.

While Martz was installing his system with his new team, he also was involved with prepping a relatively unknown QB refugee from Arena Football and NFL Europe. When Green went down to a torn ACL in pre-season contest, this unknown QB embarked on a career that may eventually end up in Canton. The refugee QB, of course, is Kurt "Special K" Warner, the ringmaster of perhaps the greatest offensive team in NFL history, the Greatest Show on Turf.

Those hapless 1998 Rams who ended their dismal season with a 4-12 ledger were galvanized into an offensive tour de force that helped to evolve the game to its current pass-happy status. The 1999 crew dramatically shed the "losingest team of the '90's" stigma in unprecedented fashion to finished with an incredible 13-3 mark---the greatest two season turnabout in NFL history---a worst-to-first turnaround par excellence.

In some respects, I am glad we did not make the 2012 post season because I thought we lacked the offensive firepower to truly make a positive mark in the playoffs. Besides, there were glaring weaknesses in our emerging defense, particularly at the back end, and our special teams return game was average at best and downright pitiful otherwise.

Like Sam I Am indicated, we don't play just to get into the playoff tournament. The goal each season is always the same: to win the whole damn thang!

In order to accomplish this in the upcoming campaign, we have a lot of young players who would have to grow up in a hurry. It is far more reasonable to look for deep playoff penetration in the 2014 season. However, nobody saw the 1999 Rams coming, and nobody could really stop them once they started rambling.

This team is flying mostly undercover, but they are not as invisible as the early 1999 squad. The media talking heads may be mostly clueless, but the NFL world knows the coaching ability of the Rams resident professors. They are starting to witness the management capabilities of the Fisher King now that he has been given true freedom to act as point man for all Horns' matters by savvy owner, Silent Stan. They are waking up to the calculating cunning of GM, Les Snead, who firmly established his GM pedigree with the Robert Griffin draft swap and continues to extend it with his masterful power play to move up to nab Mr. Excitement, Tavon Austin, and then to accurately judge the "troubled kid" prejudices of his rival NFL teams to opt to sit back and let potential Top Ten, Top Fifteen pick Alex Ogletree to fall to them at the end of the first round. . . and the Robert Griffin draft swap deal is not over yet. :mrgreen:

Nevertheless, even though we are not phantoms this season, barring key injuries or unusually slow player development, there is a chance that these Horns might do some serious ramming this season and beyond . . . into playoff territory. How far will they go? How quickly can Sam the Ram convert his native football intelligence to on-the-field field generalship as he begins his move to encroach on franchise QB domain? How quickly will his OL gel? How effectively can this young defense minimize its weaknesses? How soon will this special teams crew start terrorizing the rest of the league? Will our young RB's, TE's, and WR's step up to the professional plate and man the hell up? Does Schotty have what it takes to maximize the strengths of his young charges while minimizing their weaknesses? Will Stan the Man have a reason to break his notorious silence at the end of Super Bowl 48?

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Welcome aboard my dude!!

And yeah we're going to the playoffs....I have a feeling 3 teams from the west will make it....obviously 2 as wild cards....people forget the NFC west is full of bad mudda fudgers