Rams playing 49ers in China 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't they just visit China Town in London when they are over. Two birds with one stone and all that?

rdw

Pro Bowler
lfQ1GYo.gif

Psycho_X

Legend
It was probably a suggested requirement by Goodell and the NFL for allowing Stan to move without satisfying it's own relocation rules. Scratch our back, scratch yours sort of thing. But Stan probably didn't mind because the dollar signs were floating in his head. This is unfortunate. Wonder if any players were immediately checking to see if their contracts were up by then.

Wonder what time that game will be on.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Why. The. freak.

Would any team ever wanna play in the Land of Air Pollution.

I'd need two weeks off just because of the jet lag but add that in?

And Los Angeles has the worst air pollution in the US

No EFFFING way! I hate this! First we fly east to London and now west to the Far East and China. They are reporting it may be the home opener against the 49's. Don't they schedule a bye week after those round the world trips? Can you imagine a bye week during week 2?

Yes Bye weeks are scheduled after an International Series game which is why this won't be early in the season.

It has to be a Rumor right?... Or maybe Snead has a secret plan to find a few hidden Gems to add to the Offensive Line.. Some of those guys might be on his radar in China and or Japan

OffensiveSaneAmericanwirehair.gif

A rumour that has been going around for at least two months. You do realise there is a massive cultural difference between and China and Japan don't you? You might as well throw Iran and Iraq in the same bracket, or Greece and Turkey.

I think the venue is likely to be Shanghai
http://www.stadiumguide.com/shanghai-stadium/
15 hour time difference between LA and Shanghai, so if the game kicks off at 2000 on Saturday evening local time that would be 1100 on the Sunday LA time.

EDIT got the time difference the wrong way round. For a 2000 LA kick off a Sunday the kickoff in Shanghai would have to be 1100 on the Monday......

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I guess I'm in the minority here. The first NFL game in China will be a historic moment. That's pretty cool. I have no problem with the Rams being part of it, and if I was a player, I'd love to play in that game. Sure, the NFL probably has no hope over building their brand there. So if the NFL is looking to expand I think they're biting off more than they can chew. But what's wrong with doing something just because it's fun?

As long as it isn't an important home game we are giving up - e.g. home opener, a game close to the end of the season, a game vs a team rival or "big name" franchise, etc - I'm definitely fine with the Rams being selected for this game.

I think jet lag is far over-blown. I've travelled to Asia before. The jet lag goes away in far, far less than a week. The boys should be fine the following Sunday. That is, assuming they even play the following Sunday, and the NFL does not schedule a bye week after the China trip. Blaming jet lag for a loss the following week would be a poor excuse IMO.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
UPDATE: NFL Denies Rams, 49’ers game in China
By Steve Rivera -
July 14, 2016

A quick update to [URL='http://cover32.com/2016/07/13/calling-beijing-rams-host-opener-china/']a story I posted
yesterday – via Alec Nathan at Bleacher Report the National Football League has denied a report by Sports Business Daily that the Los Angeles Rams would be the host team in a regular season game against the San Francisco 49’ers.

Per B/R: “We have not announced the Rams’ opponent in the event we play a game there,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said, per Muret. “We have said we are exploring playing a game there, but nothing is definitive.”

However, in March of this year, Nick Wagoner of ESPN reported the Rams were in discussions to play a game in China as soon as 2018.
[/URL]

Read more at http://cover32.com/2016/07/14/update-nfl-denies-rams-49ers-game-china/#Iy0i6Hp0pv1ygtGh.99

bluecoconuts

Legend
Why? Are they planning on expanding there? Noone will ever want to play in china, and the talent in china...well, what talent???

You saw the Rams pitch video right? That shit wasn't a coincidence, it included an Asian family traveling over to the US to see a game for a reason. The NFL wants to expand to the Asian market where there are, what we scientists like to call, a metric fuck ton of people to get money from.

They want to send West coast teams there for the first run because those teams are more likely to be the teams those fans watch and travel to see. It's no surprise, the NFL sees a lot of mostly untapped wallets there.

Shoman01

Rookie
I think it's better to play a division rival, because then a division team will also have to deal with the travel. Wish it was against the Seahawks. Hopefully it will be the 1st game of the season, played on a Friday so the team has time to recover. If the play on Friday it gives the NFL 4 days that opening weekend.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
And Los Angeles has the worst air pollution in the US

You do realise there is a massive cultural difference between and China and Japan don't you?
You might as well throw Iran and Iraq in the same bracket, or Greece and Turkey.

I think the venue is likely to be Shanghai
http://www.stadiumguide.com/shanghai-stadium/
15 hour time difference between LA and Shanghai, so if the game kicks off at 2000 on Saturday evening local time that would be 1100 on the Sunday LA time.

EDIT got the time difference the wrong way round. For a 2000 LA kick off a Sunday the kickoff in Shanghai would have to be 1100 on the Monday......

Yes I do know the cultural difference... It has crossed my mind why a few of those big sumo wrestlers haven't picked up pro football and made their way onto a team.. They look very athletic and would probably be damn good O-LINE and D-LINE athletes

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Hope this is false. i'm gonna miss out on the whiners game THIS season because it's on xmas eve of all days... and if they play in China next year.... oh Lord. That would suck. I have a few buddies who are Whiner fans, and to not be able to watch them live for 2 years would really suck balls.