Rams players bracing for cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/30283/rams-players-bracing-for-cuts

Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer

IRVINE, Calif. -- The deadline to trim rosters from a maximum of 90 to 75 players is now a week away, at 1 p.m. PT next Tuesday. After Monday's practice, Los Angeles Rams coach Jeff Fisher was asked if he had a particular message for the players on the bubble.

"There’s really no need for a message," he said. "If they don’t realize that there’s a cut-down after the third preseason game, they’re probably not smart enough to play and help us play."

(At least two Rams players didn't know where the sun rises and sets, but that's a different story.)

Fisher is mainly focused on getting reps for those on-the-bubble players. That was a problem this past Saturday, when the Kansas City Chiefs dominated the time of possession. And it will probably be a problem this coming Saturday in Denver, because Fisher is motivated to get his starters additional snaps, with some of them even playing past halftime.

In seven days, 15 players will be gone from his roster. And four days after that -- on Saturday, Sept. 3 -- rosters will be pared to 53 for the regular season.

"Some of them maybe get an opportunity with other clubs," Fisher said. "And then some of them will come to the realization that their childhood goal is over, and I need to go on with my life."

Some additional notes from Monday's practice ...

• Offensive tackle Rob Havenstein, who is on the physically unable to perform list because of a foot injury, took part in some light drills off to the side. Havenstein can't practice with the team until he is off the PUP list. Players who finish the preseason on the PUP list must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season.

• Tight end Tyler Higbee, linebacker/safety Mark Barron, strong safety Maurice Alexander, running back Aaron Green and offensive tackle Isaiah Battle all practiced, after missing Saturday's game because of injury/illness. The Rams went through drills without pads, however.

• Hall of Famer Andre Reed was in camp and gave a pep talk to the wide receivers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, on paper it looks like half way thru the pre-season games, but the reality is that the pre-season is over and cut are being worked out right now. Last chance time for many

jap

Legend
I hope Jaws can get some play time this pre-season. We don't need him missing six games this year. Both he and GRob are suppose to be the anchors for the starboard and port sides of our OL.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good to hear Hav, Battle Barron and Mo are all doing light drills, signal they are coming back and playing soon.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We have a lot of deep positions this year, it's going to hurt no matter who it is. Even Tom Brady got cut this year... with scissors...

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If we cut Quick it won't be in the first wave of cuts.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That was a problem this past Saturday, when the Kansas City Chiefs dominated the time of possession.
I wonder if they were getting yards, or keeping us from getting points...oops, wrong thread....:baghead::giveup:

Pack your bags Quick !
Not yet...still one game left....And I really hope Thomas, Williams, McRoberts, and NORTH get some time to see if they are indeed pros, that can replace pros.....:violin:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm convinced there not playing Duke much in the preseason because they want to stash him on the practice squad.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
"Brian needs to catch the football," Fisher said. "Your receivers have to catch it, not drop it."

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The deadline to trim rosters from a maximum of 90 to 75 players is now a week away, at 1 p.m. PT next Tuesday. After Monday's practice, Los Angeles Rams coach Jeff Fisher was asked if he had a particular message for the players on the bubble.

"There’s really no need for a message," he said. "If they don’t realize that there’s a cut-down after the third preseason game, they’re probably not smart enough to play and help us play."
This means, they better all be concentrating on their job in the upcoming game against the Bronco's!
Offensive tackle Rob Havenstein, who is on the physically unable to perform list because of a foot injury, took part in some light drills off to the side. Havenstein can't practice with the team until he is off the PUP list. Players who finish the preseason on the PUP list must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season.
I sure Pray this^ doesn't happen!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope Duke gets a few passes thrown his way @ denver.
In order for him to get some Reps and other's. The "O" needs to put some long drives together and the "D" has to keep getting to Ball back for them via 3 and out's and Turn-over's!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Damn the Rams have had awful picks in the 2nd round.
Quick needs to have two monster games or at least do everything right to make this roster. If he fails todo so and he dossnt get cut then its a pride thing with Snisher and he wont be around for very long.