Rams plan to get Both Quick and Bailey more involved

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
But just who will get less playing time? I still want to see Austin out there and maybe play Givins some in the spot

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Someone has to sit. I'm guessing it would be that Givens and Austin.

Why can't Austin be a change of pace running back? I've always like the idea of him lining up in the backfield.

I'm really pulling for Quick to succeed because we really need a receiver with his skill set.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Someone has to sit. I'm guessing it would be that Givens and Austin.

Why can't Austin be a change of pace running back? I've always like the idea of him lining up in the backfield.

I'm really pulling for Quick to succeed because we really need a receiver with his skill set.
I have to ask this ... .why does ANYONE have to sit? they are ALL active on gameday. All it would take is rotating in. Change up your personnel packages. Sure... somebody is going to get a little leass time, but nobody ahs to be "benched". You just use all the guys you have available.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Sheesh, I didn't mean ride the bench the whole game. Obviously they all get playing time.

But, if Quick earns a lion's share, who am I to complain?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Sheesh, I didn't mean ride the bench the whole game. Obviously they all get playing time.

But, if Quick earns a lion's share, who am I to complain?
I'm sorry ... I took your comment that "someone has to sit" to mean they don't play. All they have to do is rotate groupings and spread the ball around. At least guys would get reps and valuable game experience, on top of seeing who rises to the occasion.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Running out of sets like that has to be done as a draw play like Martz use to do with Faulk. He used to gash defenses because they'd get sucked into the rush and sometimes send a LB but not a S or DB because they were focused on coverage, and big spaces would open up for him. With his feet and vision he made a lot of big plays happen out of 4-5 wide sets.

It can be done but it has to be designed like that. You can't just hand it right off IMO.