Rams plan to get Both Quick and Bailey more involved

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The potential is there he showed that last year and i hope he can turn things around. But, to me if he doesn't start blocking he can't be our number 1

Agreed, he's not a number one right now and maybe never will be. He can be a really solid 2nd or 3rd guy though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Instead of bagging on the coaches, maybe they just weren't quite ready yet. It will be good to see them out there.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think it's great. We are out of the running anyways, so no better way to get them some experience and also for Snisher to evaluate what they have and what they need going into the offseason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
nobody has earned his spot on the field more than Pettis

9 games. 33 yards per game average.

We look at players through some odd glasses! Not taking a shot directly at you Thor, but... it's time we admit when players aren't performing, even if we like them.

We've seen so much bad football; 33yds per game looks good? :wow:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

We look at players through some odd glasses! Not taking a shot directly at you Thor, but... it's time we admit when players aren't performing, even if we like them.

I don't think that could be held as an indictment on Pettis. He alternates as the #2, and he has the second most receiving yards/game on the team among the receivers. And, the most touchdowns on the team. The receiving corps, as a whole, aren't lighting it up per se'.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think that could be held as an indictment on Pettis. He alternates as the #2, and he has the second most receiving yards/game on the team among the receivers. And, the most touchdowns on the team. The receiving corps, as a whole, aren't lighting it up per se'.

I'm not hating on Pettis... Just the whole debate reminds me of Brandon Gibson years past.

We stick up for our players, and that's admirable. It's what we do as fans... But; like Gibson... this offense will never be very good with Pettis as one of our starters.

This team is better off with him as a complimentary player.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not hating on Pettis... Just the whole debate reminds me of Brandon Gibson years past.

We stick up for our players, and that's admirable. It's what we do as fans... But; like Gibson... this offense will never be very good with Pettis as one of our starters.

This team is better off with him as a complimentary player.
I'm not suggesting you're hating on him. I'm merely pointing out that the entire group is underachieving and Pettis is one of the team leaders in a group that doesn't produce a whole lot. If we projected all of their stats across 16 seasons, Pettis would end up with 528 yards and 7 TDs. Compare that to the #1 receiver on the team (Givens) who would end up with 727 yards and 0 TDs. Both are WAY below par, relatively speaking. The TEs are the only guys on this team who are close in terms of receiving TDs with 3 a piece (which would project to 5 in a season). The yardage, across the board, is kinda meh.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Pettis IS and best suited to be the "possession" guy. I have no problem with AP other than the fact they are trying to plug him in as the #2 guy in the first 80 yds of the field. I love him in there in the RZ. I like him across the middle of the field on 3rd down. I still say Tavon Austin is more of a "gimmick" than a pure WR. He will be useful moving him all over and on ST's. What we need to find out is .... what do we have in Givens, Quick and Bailey. We need to sort out the #1 & #2 WR spots.

I beleive they have the skills ... but I'm wondering if they have the brains so far. Playing them more could give us that answer. Game time is different than practice ... so put them out there and see what happens. Tell them they are auditioning. Let them compete....... it will all come out in the wash.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pettis IS and best suited to be the "possession" guy. I have no problem with AP other than the fact they are trying to plug him in as the #2 guy in the first 80 yds of the field. I love him in there in the RZ. I like him across the middle of the field on 3rd down. I still say Tavon Austin is more of a "gimmick" than a pure WR. He will be useful moving him all over and on ST's. What we need to find out is .... what do we have in Givens, Quick and Bailey. We need to sort out the #1 & #2 WR spots.

I beleive they have the skills ... but I'm wondering if they have the brains so far. Playing them more could give us that answer. Game time is different than practice ... so put them out there and see what happens. Tell them they are auditioning. Let them compete....... it will all come out in the wash.

Yeah, I happen to believe Pettis is getting the reps because he knows the offense.

Quick, Austin, and Bailey "might" have more talent but without the knowledge they aren't getting as much playing time.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Oh the indirect stuff hurts too CG:sad::cheese:
When I said he'd "earned" it, I pretty well meant the confidence he'd run the right route and reliably be where he was supposed tuh bee earned him his spot. Not that I thought he nor anyone had looked particularly "good" this yr.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I feel like I'm watching a season in slow motion. Why does this stuff take so long? Yes, I know, Quick & Bailey weren't ready before, but now they are. Ugh.

Who is that in your sig.

And I'm curious why you changed. I still closely associate you with the movie character.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Maybe our issue still remains that while we have an abundance of receivers, we still don't have that true #1 like a Megatron, Jones, Green, Marshall, Johnson, etc.
Quick is the closest physically and raw ability but may never have it mentally. Wish he would be, he is really tough to bring down when he has the ball. Givens- I think he is close but I don't know. Austin isn't a #1. He's dynamic but more of a specialty type receiver. Everyone else is more of a posession receiver. Would love to see more of Bailey to have more of an idea what he's capable of. So real question is, do we stay with what he have and continue to develop them (they are all still young) or do we target a true #1 stud via the draft or trade.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Why not? That means there will be less bodies in the box. With his vision, he could easily rip off 6-9 yrd gains.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Who is that in your sig.

And I'm curious why you changed. I still closely associate you with the movie character.
Hot soccer chick in the sig line, but don't recall her name

I'll have to change my avatar back. I converted it to a caterpillar before the Seahags game in hopes of a similar transformation by our Rams team.

…..

Legend
I'm guessing its half coach speak and half desire to "get everyone involved"

Part of that is probably due to the lack of production from some....and part if that is due to a desire to make some things work that havent, ie: any play to Tavon Austin. lol