Rams plan to get Both Quick and Bailey more involved

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well, if I were coach, I would tell everyone, including the coaching staff, that from here on out everyone is interviewing for their job. And if drops, penalties, missed assignments keep happening people are going to start riding the bench, maybe getting cut or fired.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wait to tip off next weeks opponent.....

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
So... The big question is who gets less playing time?

Pettis is one. Is Givens the other?

Givens has played soft this year, some say he's not 100%. Plus Clemens cant go deep anyway.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Didn't he also say he was going to get Austin more involved a couple of weeks ago?
No, that was after the Tennessee game in his post-game presser.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Givens has played soft this year, some say he's not 100%. Plus Clemens cant go deep anyway.

Those probably are the 2. But if cook and kendricks miss some time especially cook I could see Quick taking the snaps he would have had out wide

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Maybe I'm crazy, OK , maybe may be an understatement, but when I observe Bailey I see a slot rec. so if he's the slot guy in 3 sets it's at the cost of TA or Cook ,unless we're gonna pretend Cook is gonna block:roflmao:,
'scuse me I cracked myself up there.
Quick yes his time will cost Pettis or Givens and IMO nobody has earned his spot on the field more than Pettis ,so IMO unless it's 4 sets we're Austin and Givens lose reps.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
They are at the point they have to do this with players that have the potential. They have to see if they have the legit starters on the roster or if they still need to go get a number 1 receiver.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Maybe I'm crazy, OK , maybe may be an understatement, but when I observe Bailey I see a slot rec. so if he's the slot guy in 3 sets it's at the cost of TA or Cook ,unless we're gonna pretend Cook is gonna block:roflmao:,
Quick yes his time will cost Pettis or Givens and IMO nobody has earned his spot on the field more than Pettis ,so IMO unless it's 4 sets we're Austin and Givens lose reps.

I think it all depends on the play we're running. The TD against Carolina that got called back Austin was split wide. I'd actually like to see that more often. Get him wide one on one and let him use his speed. Enough of the 5 yard curls and crosses. We need to give him a decent blend of the route tree.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
And why not Givens and Austin on one side and Quick and Cook on the other. 4 WR sets and all kinds of height and speed problems to match up. (or some combination of all 4 on the field at once). We we're supposed to use all the deep threats to open up the middle of the field. What happened to that?

V3

Hall of Fame

I would keep playing Givens. He's young too and still needs to learn things. I'm not opposed to sitting him for a game to open his eyes, though. That's assuming he's 100% and playing this way.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
jeff fisher said on his show that they are going to get both receivers more involved
I feel like I'm watching a season in slow motion. Why does this stuff take so long? Yes, I know, Quick & Bailey weren't ready before, but now they are. Ugh.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just keep thinking the same thing honestly.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I would keep playing Givens. He's young too and still needs to learn things. I'm not opposed to sitting him for a game to open his eyes, though. That's assuming he's 100% and playing this way.

I agree. He still has so much potential left to develop. He's a good WR.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. He still has so much potential left to develop. He's a good WR.

The potential is there he showed that last year and i hope he can turn things around. But, to me if he doesn't start blocking he can't be our number 1