Rams pick #22 trade bait?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
Per rotoworld.com

Teams see Rams 22nd pick as bait for QB
Geno Smith | CLG
(April 23, 2013 9:03 PM EDT)
According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, "some" teams view the Rams' No. 22 pick as a "potential landing place" for clubs that want to move up and draft a quarterback in the back half of round one.
Our tentative expectation is West Virginia's Geno Smith, USC's Matt Barkley, Florida State's E.J. Manuel, and NC State's Mike Glennon will still all be on the board at the 22nd pick. The Rams will likely use their earlier first-rounder (No. 16) on a wide receiver or perhaps safety, but the 22nd pick may very well be for sale. Clubs potentially interested in a deal like this might include the Jaguars, Eagles, Cardinals, Jets, and Bills.
SOURCE: NFL.COM

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm totally down with trading down in this draft. What do you think the compensation would be? I've read that compensation might not be as high this year because just about everyone wants to trade down.

Ironically, the Browns traded up for Brady Quinn in 2007 for their 2nd round pick and their 1st round pick the following year. Why is that ironic? Because they traded up to 22 to do it.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Just saw this at the gym. I think its just another "report". BR says we stay put @ #22 unless its for a 2nd round and 4th this year!

BTW nice gif V3 and welcome to the holiest of the holy ROD. :cheese:

RamsNation

Rookie
I'm up for trading if we get Tavon with the 16th pick and when 22 comes around Vaccaro,Chance,Cooper are gone.If one of those 3 are their i wanna get them,we are in the position where we don't need as many quantity picks as in years past as bad as we need quality.Now we need some more impact heavy hitters,we have a decent talent pool of players now its time to get some truly game changing players that make a big impact.Unless the deal to trade back is to good to pass up like a 1st next year or something I'm content picking with staying.Again that's if a position of major need is fill able with the pick,if a S or O lineman that's of that value isn't their then I guess trade down.

V3

Hall of Fame
BatteringRambo said:
Just saw this at the gym. I think its just another "report". BR says we stay put @ #22 unless its for a 2nd round and 4th this year!

BTW nice gif V3 and welcome to the holiest of the holy ROD. :cheese:

Thanks, the gif pretty much sums up my biggest lesson learned from the last forum I frequented. I couldn't take it anymore so thanks for having me.

Shawnbb158

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/25/report-rams-trying-to-sell-no-22-pick/

Report: Rams trying to sell No. 22 pick
Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT

forsale.jpg

The Rams currently hold the Redskins’ first-round pick in the 2013 draft, thanks to the RGIII trade. The Rams may not actually be using that pick.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the selection “clearly is for sale.”

That Rams, who also have the 16th overall pick, would surely like to trade down and get more picks. Last year, the combination of coach Jeff Fisher and G.M. Les Snead put together a great draft, thanks to having extra picks. The more picks, the better the chances of emerging with good players.

Pick No. 22 comes one spot before the Vikings’ first of two first-round selections. A team that wants a cornerback, receiver, or inside linebacker the Vikings may be targeting could be tempted to jump the line. Which is precisely why every team creates smokescreens about who they do and don’t want.

Like most round-one trades, don’t expect anything to happen before the Rams are on the clock. Teams that trade up want a specific player; trading up too early creates the risk that the player won’t be there.

Of course, doing the trade when the team is on the clock entails risk, since there’s a chance one of the two teams won’t be able to call the trade in to the league office. Unless each team calls the trade in separately, the trade doesn’t happen. And with only 10 total minutes to get it all done, there’s a chance that cutting it too close could keep the trade from happening at all.