Rams on the Clock v 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
But if we guess wrong on this game of chicken we end up with a guy named Dakota.

:sick:

And the merry go around continues.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've always been a bpa guy, but this team is ridiculously uneven. Even if we are passing up higher rated players, we have got to be putting our offseason resources on our defficiencies.

Having said that. Passing up a future all pro for a journeyman would piss me off too.

Trade up - get the QB you want. Be done with it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree for Goff and Lynch. But if you think either translates to a top 5 QB in the NFL then you should do it. Its still the most important position on the field. I need to see more of both QB's but right now I dont think either translates to a Top 5 QB in the next 3 years, but again I havent seen enough of either to put a stamp on that.

I like both guys but they're not guys I'm comfortable selling the farm for. Would have given that something like that up last year for Winston or Mariota. But not this year. There's much better QB depth and I don't think Goff or Lynch are quite as good as the other two.

Is it the extra second that puts it over the edge? I thought your recent mock had the same trade just one of our seconds this year.

Yep. That and us picking #10. In my mock, I think we were picking in the 20s. Changes things a bit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've always been a bpa guy, but this team is ridiculously uneven. Even if we are passing up higher rated players, we have got to be putting our offseason resources on our defficiencies.

Having said that. Passing up a future all pro for a journeyman would pee pee me off too.

Trade up - get the QB you want. Be done with it.

I'd rather not mortgage the future if we're sitting there at pick #10 in a draft with four QBs that I like. I'm willing to trade up...but that's too much to give up considering who's ahead of us, the players available, and our hypothetical spot in the draft.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I like both guys but they're not guys I'm comfortable selling the farm for. Would have given that something like that up last year for Winston or Mariota. But not this year. There's much better QB depth and I don't think Goff or Lynch are quite as good as the other two.

Thats kind of where I am right now. I like them both but not sure I would do what I have to do to get them either.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd rather not mortgage the future if we're sitting there at pick #10 in a draft with four QBs that I like. I'm willing to trade up...but that's too much to give up considering who's ahead of us, the players available, and our hypothetical spot in the draft.

If they have them rated closely, sure.

But if they think there is one franchise QB in the draft - just go get him. It's not the position where you want to settle for your 3rd or 4th choice IMO

Stel

Starter

But if they think there is one franchise QB in the draft - just go get him. It's not the position where you want to settle for your 3rd or 4th choice IMO

That I agree with.

I don't agree that there is one can't miss franchise guy who is way ahead of anyone else in this draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It is if you like your 3rd and 4th choices. Why give up a bounty when you can get a guy you feel comfortable with where you are? For example, look at the Redskins giving up everything for RGIII then Miami scooping up Tannehill one pick after where the Redskins originally were. Miami didn't sell the farm and still came away with a QB they liked...that ended up being a better QB than RGIII.

FRO

Legend
It is if you like your 3rd and 4th choices. Why give up a bounty when you can get a guy you feel comfortable with where you are? For example, look at the Redskins giving up everything for RGIII then Miami scooping up Tannehill one pick after where the Redskins originally were. Miami didn't sell the farm and still came away with a QB they liked...that ended up being a better QB than RGIII.
The thing is the Tannehill of this draft is Cook, and it's quite possible he won't be there for us either.

Had RGIII progressed and wasn't a douche the trade would have worked out great for the Redskins. I think Goff is a great QB prospect.

FRO

Legend
The Rams decline to make a move for #1 and decide to work from the 10 hole.

1. Texans (trade) - Paxton Lynch
2. San Fran (trade) - Jared Goff
3. Cleveland - Joey Bosa
4. Baltimore - LaQuonn Treadwell
5. Dallas - Vernon Hargreaves
6. Tenn - Ronnie Stanley
7. Detroit - Laremy Tunsil
8. Miami - Tre'Davious White
9. NY Jets (trade) - Connor Cook
10. The Rams are now on the Clock

No one is offering a thing for the #10 pick. You can't even get a day 3 pick to move down a bit. Its time to turn in a card.
I guess I'm picking Boyd at 10. I hate this scenario.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

3. Cleveland - Joey Bosa
6. Tenn - Ronnie Stanley

No one is offering a thing for the #10 pick. You can't even get a day 3 pick to move down a bit. Its time to turn in a card.
Damn....Tough call, the Jalen Ramsey is a great pick in this scenario....but like you, unless we decide to move on from JJ (our true shutdown corner) this pick would be a little silly....Can I trade up (not letting the stinking Jets get the last 1st round QB) or trade back? There is still 3 QB's I like, just not first round...Maybe we go Tackle(Conklin?)...again...or maybe WR (Doctson/....
I love the LB from ND and Regland from Bama...
Wentz.

I pray he tears the senior bowl a new icehole and falls into our laps here.

Only remaining QB on my short list.
I'm digging Wentz and Jacoby Brissett, QB, N.C. State too....I think Brissett has the skills to start as a rookie too. Better than Wentz IMO. I think, not sure, but I think Hackenberg can be fixed...I also like as my sleeper, Sudfeld...and I don't know why....So, we can probably wait and get these type of guys in the 4th...Risky considering what we have now......

I wanna see Gunner Kiel in a few weeks...Hopefully they'll get a good bowl game...

Bunch of QB's out there...Just gottta choose wisely...The way Fish has looked the last two weeks...I bet he and Snead get this right..

Last year I wanted Ronnie Stanley...in some respects, I still do...

And I want Goff too...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Take it. Jared Goff is the pick. QB position solved. Let's move on to adding receivers and fixing the line. If we sit at 10 we say good bye to Goff or Lynch and we are hoping Cook is there at 10. I see Goff as a game changing QB.
Ask Goff what size jersey he wears.

I concur Gentlemen..Just tired of being tired and Goff is already used to donning similar colors!
20141118__SJM-GOFF-1119~3.JPG

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing is the Tannehill of this draft is Cook, and it's quite possible he won't be there for us either.

Had RGIII progressed and wasn't a douche the trade would have worked out great for the Redskins. I think Goff is a great QB prospect.

Then we'll trade up to pick #6 or so and not have to sell the farm.

But I think it's HIGHLY improbable that all three QBs are gone in the top 9 picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

3. Cleveland - Joey Bosa
6. Tenn - Ronnie Stanley

Unrealistic scenario. Not even the least bit worried about this. Three teams are going to trade up for a QB? No chance.

And if Jalen Ramsey is on the board at #10, you better bet someone will be offering something.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Unrealistic scenario. Not even the least bit worried about this. Three teams are going to trade up for a QB? No chance.

And if Jalen Ramsey is on the board at #10, you better bet someone will be offering something.

You already know what the top 9 picks will looks like? Remarkable! I'm just a fan spitballing on a message board, myself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You already know what the top 9 picks will looks like? Remarkable! I'm just a fan spitballing on a message board, myself.

Nope. But I do know that three teams trading up for QBs in the top 10 sounds completely unrealistic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jalen Ramsey still on the board? Even if we still have both Jenkins and Johnson, you don't pass up on a guy who should've gone before Hargreaves, White, and Cook. Even if you can't play him at cornerback, there's still a huge opening at free safety.

There really isn't an offensive player worth taking over him either. Doctson is now solidly round 2 because of his injuries, and Treadwell's gone. There are much lesser offensive tackles and wide receivers, but do I really select one of them at #10 when you have the best defensive back since Sean Taylor and arguably the best cornerback since Charles Woodson sitting right there?

And if we don't have Jenkins/Johnson/both, this is an obvious move.

Ramsey all the way, and it's not even close.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Too bad Josh Rosen can't come out...