Rams on the Clock cntd - 4th round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This is the final installment of this draft - a continuation from (among others) - this thread:

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-on-the-clock-contd-pick-44.24118/

Here is where we are...

The Rams traded the #2 pick and the #75 pick to Cleveland for #4 and #26

1. ATL - Clowney
2. Clev - Bridgewater
3. Jax - Mack
4. STL - Greg Robinson
5. Min - Blake Bortles
6. Hou - Taylor Lewan
7. TB - Jake Matthews
8. Oak - Sammy Watkins
9. Buff - Mike Evans
10. Det - Justin Gilbert
11. Tenn - CJ Mosley
12. NYG - Zach Martin
13. STL - Ha Ha Clinton Dix
14. Hou - Johnny Manziel*
15. Pit - Marquise Lee
16. Dallas - Aaron Donald
17. Balt - Brandin Cooks
18. NYJ - Eric Ebron
19. Mia - Cyrus Kouandjio
20. Az - Louis Nix
21. GB - Calvin Pryor
22. Philly - Darqueze Dennard
23. KC - Odell Beckham
24. Cincy - Dee Ford
25. SD - Kony Ealy
26. STL - Anthony Barr
27. Jax - Derek Carr*
28. Car - Kelvin Benjamin
29. NE - Timmy Jernigan
30. SF - Bradley Roby
31. Denv - Ra'shede Hageman
32. Sea - Stephon Tuitt
33. Chi - Jimmy Ward
34. Wash - Jason Verrett
35. Clev - Xavier Su'a-Filo
36. Oak - Morgan Moses
37. Chi - Ryan Shazier
38. TB - Jimmy Garoppolo
39. N.O. - Kyle Fuller
40. Minn - David Yankey
41. Buff - LeMarcus Joyner
42. Tenn - Demarcus Lawrence
43. NYG - Allen Robinson
44. The Rams select Jordan Matthews

In order to make things much much easier on me as we advance to pick #106, I'm just going to list the players that go between now and then. Pretend, if you need to, that they go to teams that make sense for their skillsets.

Kyle Van Noy
Carl Bradford
Gabe Jackson
Jace Amaro
Marcus Roberson
Davante Adams
Scott Crichton
Trent Murphy
Tre Mason
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Jeremy Hill
Will Sutton
Jaylen Watkins
Ka'Deem Carey
Kareem Martin
Troy Niklas
Marcus Martin
Dominique Easley
Joel Bitonio
Paul Richardson
Jeremiah Attaochu
Bishop Sankey
Weston Richburg
Brandon Thomas
Jack Mewhort
Trevor Reilly
Terrence Brooks
Pierre Desir
Carlos Hyde
Antonio Richardson
Donte Moncrief
Marcus Smith
Kelcy Quarles
Jarvis Landry
Billy Turner
Chris Borland
Keith McGill
Deone Buchannon
Yawin Smallwood
Dakota Dozier
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Bashaud Breeland
Ego Ferguson
AJ McCarron
Robert Herron
Cyril Richardson
C.J. Fiedorowicz
JuWuan James
Shayne Skov
Telvin Smith
Jackson Jeffcoat
Bruce Ellington
Martavius Bryant
Christian Kirksey
Louchiez Purifoy
Anthony Johnson
Travis Swanson
Devonta Freemon
Victor Hampton
Lache Seastrunk
Ed Reynolds

106. The Rams are on the clock
107. The Rams are on the clock again.

You aren't going to believe this - but Les traded our 5th, our 6th, and both of our 7s for pick #107 without even talking to us about it. I'm pretty sure he is drunk.

Pick two guys and finish this draft.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Aaron Murray
Tre Boston (always good to have a Tarheel!)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Arron Murray QB Georgia
Terrance Mitchell CB Oregon

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Aaron Murray QB
Charles Sims RB - This is who we traded up to get. The next big splash at RB in the NFL. Now we are REALLY set at the position for a long time!

Alan

Legend
  1. JuWaun James, OT, Tennessee
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 311.
    40 Time: 5.34.
    Projected Round (2014): 2-3.

3/16/14: James played well for Tennessee overall in 2013, including versus South Carolina. He got some double-team help when going against Jadeveon Clowney, but James kept Clowney from recording a sack.

James is a tough run-blocker and a reliable pass-protector. He is surprisingly athletic for his size. At most colleges, Jones would have been a starting left tackle. Sources have told WalterFootball.com they see James going on Day 2 of the 2014 NFL Draft. He could be a nice sleeper pick. James didn't impress at the Combine.

8/9/13: While other linemen have received more attention, James has been the rock on Tennessee's offensive line. He has started all 37 games of his collegiate career at right tackle. The Volunteers allowed just 18 sacks (1.5 per game) last year, and James had a strong season protecting Tyler Bray.

James also has some power at the point of attack as a run-blocker. He is a preseason All-SEC selection entering the 2013 season. James is a right-tackle prospect for the NFL, but he could move inside to guard as well.

Personal: Majoring in arts and sciences. Son of Nichelle James-Mickens and Burkley James.
  1. Georgia_logo.gif
    Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 201.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
    Projected Round (2014): 4-6.

2/22/14: Murray had a late-season ACL tear. The injury hurt him since he couldn't participate in the Senior Bowl or the Combine. It also could impact his availability at the start of training camp.

Murray completed 65 percent of his passes in 2013 for 3,075 yards with 26 touchdowns and nine interceptions. On the ground, he rushed for seven touchdowns with 186 yards (155 net). Murray looks like an NFL backup. He is undersized and doesn't have the physical athletic ability to make up for it.

Murray was inconsistent at times this season, but he played with a patchwork supporting cast as injuries ravaged the Bulldogs. The senior had a huge performance against LSU with 20-of-34 for 298 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. He also played well to lead Georgia over South Carolina. On the road versus Clemson to open 2013, Murray had some rough moments in a loss to the Tigers. He also struggled in a loss to Missouri. Murray led a furious fourth-quarter comeback with two rushing touchdowns to almost get a win at Auburn.

8/3/13: Murray completed 64.5 percent of his passes for 3,893 yards with 36 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 2012. The junior also ran for three touchdowns. He dominated weak opponents but struggled against Florida, South Carolina and to a lesser extent, Alabama. In order for the senior to be a first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, he has to play better against elite competition and good defenses.

Murray emerged as one of the better quarterbacks in college football in 2011. The sophomore completed 59 percent of his passes for 3,149 yards with 35 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He ran for a couple of touchdowns as well.

Murray threw for 3,049 yards while completing 61 percent of his passes with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions as a freshman. He also ran for 167 yards and four scores.

The big knock on Murray is his height. That causes some to wonder if will translate into the NFL. At the same time, Murray has a quality arm and flashes the ability to be a good game manager. Everybody can expect to hear a lot of Drew Brees citations in arguments for Murray.

Personal: Murray is getting a graduate degree in industrial-organizational psychology.

But I have to tell you that drafting Barr and Matthews has prevented us from a filling a vital need at CB. I do not like this draft at all. So we have two CBs in JJ and TRU and then we have...McGee and no backups worth a crap.

Sorry, but this draft sucks IMO. I'll pass.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

1. But I have to tell you that drafting Barr and Matthews has prevented us from a filling a vital need at CB. I do not like this draft at all. So we have two CBs in JJ and TRU and then we have...McGee and no backups worth a crap.

The Rams could still target players like Phillip Gaines from Rice or E.J. Gaines from Mizzou.

There are still several quality guys to be had. Not in this draft, of course.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JuWuan James is gone. pick another guy, Alan.

Alan

Legend
12intheBox pointing out my error:
JuWuan James is gone. pick another guy, Alan.
Stanford_logo.gif
Cameron Fleming*, OT, Stanford
Height: 6-4. Weight: 323.
40 Time: 5.28.
Projected Round (2014): 3-4.

3/16/14: Fleming played well for Stanford. He was a tough run-blocker and an improving pass-protector. Fleming had some challenges with Anthony Barr, but Fleming wasn't a liability going against the best edge rusher in the Pac-12. Fleming would have been better off returning for his senior year and getting better. He had a solid Combine performance.

9/1/13: Fleming broke into the starting lineup in 2011. He had a good season blocking for Andrew Luck and Stepfan Taylor. In 2012 he moved to right tackle and was excellent at opening up holes for Taylor. With Andrus Peat on the left side, Stanford should have an excellent tackle tandem the next two seasons.

Personal: Majoring in aeronautics and astronautics. Son of Kim and Karen Fleming.
Thanks 12! (y)

Alan

Legend
MerlinJones listing the depth CBs:
The Rams could still target players like Phillip Gaines from Rice or E.J. Gaines from Mizzou.

There are still several quality guys to be had. Not in this draft, of course.
IMO, it's too late to get starting quality CB at this point in the draft even with it's impressive depth at the position. I don't consider McGee a starter and I question him ever being anything but a JAG. I wouldn't mind either of those two you mentioned but they're not starting material this year. They're guys you could maybe coach up though. Eventually.

Would not be happy with this draft at all.

IMO, it's too late to get starting quality CB at this point in the draft even with it's impressive depth at the position. I don't consider McGee a starter and I question him ever being anything but a JAG. I wouldn't mind either of those two you mentioned but they're not starting material this year. They're guys you could maybe coach up though. Eventually.

Would not be happy with this draft at all.

You should have backed my Verrett selection rather than criticising him for his size :rolleyes::p.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

1. But I have to tell you that drafting Barr and Matthews has prevented us from a filling a vital need at CB. I do not like this draft at all. So we have two CBs in JJ and TRU and then we have...McGee and no backups worth a crap.

I agree that not having one of the more highly rated CBs does not fit the needs that is why I tried to pick through what was left over of the CBs and picked Mitchell since it was our last pick.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators able to see into the future:
You should have backed my Verrett selection rather than criticising him for his size :rolleyes::p.
Thank Bhudda I now have someone to blame for this fiasco! Next time you have a prescient moment make sure you slap me in the head when I do something stupid like disagreeing with you.
Don't let that happen again or I'll get my buddy Les to spam your email inbox with pictures of his balls.
images

The-Man-With-the-132-lb-scrotum-640x356.jpg

Thank Bhudda I now have someone to blame for this fiasco! Next time you have a prescient moment make sure you slap me in the head when I do something stupid like disagreeing with you.
Don't let that happen again or I'll get my buddy Les to spam your email inbox with pictures of his balls.
images

The-Man-With-the-132-lb-scrotum-640x356.jpg

Was this inspired by you?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I would wet myself if Barr lasted until 26 (no way).

If that 1st round happened I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

And to Alan's point. Agree I would like CB help but you can't get everything in one draft. And there are still some decent options left.

Alan

Legend
blackbart trying to make the best of it:
I agree that not having one of the more highly rated CBs does not fit the needs that is why I tried to pick through what was left over of the CBs and picked Mitchell since it was our last pick.
We need depth too.

I'm just amazed that everyone seems to have forgotten that we lost Finnegan and McGee sucked last year. Sometimes you just get caught up with the eye candy and forget the big picture I guess.
images
Good thing it's only make believe. :ROFLMAO:

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators with a case of mistaken identity:
Was this inspired by you?
:ROFLMAO: NO, but I think Les wrote, directed, inspired and co-starred in that episode. :LOL:

Les is a very sharing person. :unsure: :LOL:

Alan

Legend
bwdenverram with only part of the story:
I would wet myself if Barr lasted until 26 (no way).

If that 1st round happened I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

And to Alan's point. Agree I would like CB help but you can't get everything in one draft. And there are still some decent options left.
And the Matthews pick?

While it's true that you can't get everything in the draft, you also can't just ignore gaping holes with "Oh, we'll get that next year."