Rams OL Contenders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A320driver

Rookie
On Sean Hooey health issue...Saffold who may have one of the worse health resumes in the NFL is better than Hooey's who has never been able to remain on the field of play..

I agree with you on Hooey's health issues...I was told he has had a run of bad luck as all of the problems stemmed from getting rolled up on from behind. Any O Line coach will tell you it happens to them all.
His Senior year was actually a staph infection from the locker room that needed emergency surgery.
So maybe his luck changes in ST. Louis ?
I just don't believe this staff makes mistakes ..They have been around the league for to long .
Regardless, it's great to be having positive conversation about what was deemed once a weakness.
Things are looking as though this could be a very good stable of "big uglies "
As Keith Jackson so eloquently coined :)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd say if PFF numbers are correct/accurate, if Jones comes ready to play & Rhaney looks ready too...I'd cut Barnes....check out this link

Good article, and thanks for the link.

It's true about Barrett being listed on the depth chart at both G/C And I can tell you he has transformed his body as I stated prior..Shook his hand, and it dissapeared..I am a pretty big guy, and this kid is solid, but heck! They all are!
It's really gonna come down to camp and how they do in the pre season games..Add to that the cap hits, and whose locked in vs. who is up for contract next season.
Everyone is going to have to give Greg Robinson time ! Dont expect him to come out polished AKA Alan Fanica. He will surely knock some dudes around like a first round Tyson fight, but he is going to struggle I guarantee it.
It's the NFL, and he needs time to adjust. The jump is huge from college. Forget it, and put it out of your minds if you think he is going to play OT this year. Saffold is the guy who will definitely be called upon to fill if needed, but he has shown to be really taxed physically out on the edge, and I am referring solely to his injury prone history..Inside he is more durable working in the confines at guard. So to my point. Sean Hooeys camp/ pre season will be a very closely watched work in progress.
I think if he can continue to show progress, and stay healthy, he is the guy they would like to be the swing tackle...I'll be going down to the park at least a couple of times this summer, and will be watching this one closely..I also want to see the RB competition, as well as the progression of our WR corp..Sam B. is a no brainer. We need a big year from him !!!

Hope to see you post what you observe in Camp 320!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
On Sean Hooey health issue...Saffold who may have one of the worse health resumes in the NFL is better than Hooey's who has never been able to remain on the field of play..

I agree with you on Hooey's health issues...I was told he has had a run of bad luck as all of the problems stemmed from getting rolled up on from behind. Any O Line coach will tell you it happens to them all.
His Senior year was actually a staph infection from the locker room that needed emergency surgery.
So maybe his luck changes in ST. Louis ?
I just don't believe this staff makes mistakes ..They have been around the league for to long .
Regardless, it's great to be having positive conversation about what was deemed once a weakness.
Things are looking as though this could be a very good stable of "big uglies "
As Keith Jackson so eloquently coined :)

It would be a great stoke of great luck if things did turn for Hooey. We need a good swing OT on this roster that's not already a starter elsewhere. Hooey was stashed & stowed away last year for a reason. He has great size to develop.

A320driver

Rookie
LA CHAMP

Ill be there 11th for sure..will let you know ..let me know if theres any specific aspect you want me to look at ..ill be with a couple of agents

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LA CHAMP

Ill be there 11th for sure..will let you know ..let me know if theres any specific aspect you want me to look at ..ill be with a couple of agents
Whose taking reps at LT ?? Jake Long not 100% & Barksdale going to be a FA next year,the Tackle position intrigues me.
I'm curious about how the final depth chart works out.The OT & DB depth is what The Rams need to solid there foundation.
I like the depth at RB & WR's.First player up,last player playing.

-- Examples of Rams depth
Bailey is suspended 4 games.Rams won't miss a beat.

Richardson gets cut & signs right away with Jets.
Cudjo gets cut & signs right away.

Alan

Legend
A320driver sticking his toes in barracuda infested waters:
Saying stuff about the O-line.
Welcome to the ROD A320driver! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
Good stuff about the O-line. You'll enjoy some great conversations about the O-line and other positions hare at the ROD because we have some very knowledgeable posters here. You appear to be one of them.:)
I don't know where you were posting before (or are still posting) but we're glad you're contemplating making the ROD one of your homes away from home. This a a great community of Ram fans. Most of whom have a great sense of humor. We use blue font when we're just joking around so if you come across something in that font color don't take it at face value. :LOL:
images

Cats and their owners are on a private, exclusive loop of affection. Thus cats have become symbolic of a community eschewed and a hyper-engagement with oneself. They represent the profound danger of growing so independent in New York that it's not merely that you don't need anyone - it's that you don't know how to need anyone.
Sloane Crosley

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
If only a lot of these so call journalist actually watched our players and explained their reasoning based on what they saw themselves, they would be as good as good as the posters we've had the pleasure of listening to here. Thanks guys for the insight here! There's no other source like it available. :bow:

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Jake Long's health/availability for the beginning of the season will probably influence how many O-liniment they keep for the final 53. Even though the Rams have Robinson and Saffold, I would think a priority coming out of camp is to have at least one reliable swing tackle on the roster. I think the hope/expectation is that Hooey will show enough to become the swingman but if Hooey comes up short of expectations or is injured then Person can fill the gap because he has experience in the system. Person however, really has size limitations for an NLF caliber tackle but as short-term fill-in is technically sound enough to compete. I think Van Dyke's best shot to make the team at this point is via the practice squad.

A320driver

Rookie
Whose taking reps at LT ?? Jake Long not 100% & Barksdale going to be a FA next year,the Tackle position intrigues me.
I'm curious about how the final depth chart works out.The OT & DB depth is what The Rams need to solid there foundation.
I like the depth at RB & WR's.First player up,last player playing.

-- Examples of Rams depth
Bailey is suspended 4 games.Rams won't miss a beat.

Richardson gets cut & signs right away with Jets.
Cudjo gets cut & signs right away.

I am going to really be following Pead's progress..I think that he has turned a major corner where it concerns Maturity, and what it really takes to become a successful pro in the NFL.
It pains me to think where he might be right now had that mindset been between his ears day one ?..Coaches believe he can turn it around, and become the guy they drafted..Kid is a physical freak :

The newly drafted corp of DB's will get scoped out Too !..Looking for a Safety that ball hawks, and is able to come up and be a physical force in run support !..and a guy who might flash "Revis island like" corner skills as well.
But most of all a player who shows me he can physically match up with NFL recievers..NOT MAKE MISTAKES!, and finishes plays.

As far as the Left Tackle position, as I said previously. Expect Hooey to start where he left off at OTA's, and continue working his craft at being the next Swing Tackle...Saffold will still get some reps at Left as well.
They want Jake ready for the start of the season, and there's no reason to throw him in there in camp, and or pre season until he's 100%. If Hooey can continue to make progress, and stay healthy he can be that much better of an insurance policy with a good amount of practice reps, and pre season games under his belt. Another year learning, and growing will serve him well.
They really have to have G. Robinson focusing solely on LG.
Mike Person, and Davin Joseph can be there to fill in at OT if they need one more guy too.
Agree with others that Van Dyke looks to be a prime candidate for the practice squad.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't see any way Joesph plays tackle at all.
Thanks for reply back..

Pead I think will be more of a Dexter McCluster type. He reminds me of Amp Lee back when he was a Swiss Knife type.

With the DB's I think it's been a combination of a bunch of things.
I've been very very disappointed in the lack of INT's/fumbles.
--Williams pressure & Rams DT getting better,hopefully flushes QB's out of pocket or make bad throws.Maybe the CB play more passing lanes with FS's coming up.